Urban Terror Forums: Some maps have FPS issues, don't worry... - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (23 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Some maps have FPS issues, don't worry...

#11 User is offline   Sole (old) Icon

Posted 04 April 2007 - 11:05 AM

dude...
the reason why you see the outside in the second pic is also why your fps drops...
your pc has to render the whole map in 4.0, in 3.7 it renders only what must be rendered.

Posted Image

#12 User is offline   dborg (old) Icon

• LocationGermany

Posted 04 April 2007 - 11:08 AM

Since this should be an engine thing, I don't see how it could be wrong only in 4.0. Usually this is map compile related, but that wouldn't explain why these FPS drops supposedly don't appear in 3.7 on the same maps. Maybe it's an unfortunate combination of issues that only appears in 4.0.

#13 User is offline   L3mMinG (old) Icon

Posted 04 April 2007 - 11:21 AM

Maps got changed, the q3map2 got changed, ... I really hope it can get fixed.  :cry:

#14 User is offline   downfall (old) Icon

Posted 04 April 2007 - 11:22 AM

hmm, thanks lemming

if i get this right, this would mean that mappers didn't bother with placing visblocks in maps that were decently visblocked in the old releases , because that's a tedious a ungrateful job, well guess what ? i would be grateful.  you can have my pc to recompile the maps on, since it's no good for actually playing them ;)

#15 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 04 April 2007 - 11:27 AM

ok woekele, so by this lemming is stating (and backing up with his showtris pics) that 4.0 is rendering areas of the map that are not in the current view?

Ye it shows that no visblocking does make a big difference.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   MaxiM (old) Icon

• LocationPoland

Posted 04 April 2007 - 12:42 PM

Omigosh, someone forgot to place visportals? Not that i'm bashing anyone, but this is a top priority procedure before releasing any map.

For all you who don't know what i'm talking about: http://www.modwiki.net/wiki/Visportal

#17 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

• LocationWishin' I was in SoCal

Posted 04 April 2007 - 12:45 PM

Hmm weird cuz this map likeo most others was retextured with minor changes but its something to check

#18 User is offline   TwentySeven Icon

•   former FS member   
    Lead Engine Developer
  • Account: twentyseven

Posted 04 April 2007 - 02:11 PM

Yeah it looks like vis really screwed the pooch on that map.  Go Go Q3map2.

#19 User is offline   L3mMinG (old) Icon

Posted 04 April 2007 - 02:37 PM

I think there's quite a few other maps where a few (more) visblocks could seriously boost fps as well if that wikipedia explenation is accurate about their functionality tbh, but I'm no mapper. Visblock the crap out of it and you will have the best fps game on the planet  :evil:

• (23 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942