• +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

oh lord please fix it

#11 User is offline   samalander (old) Icon

• LocationNew York

Posted 16 May 2004 - 08:48 AM

The only thing that you have to do differently in 3.5 is aim.

In 3.4, you could compensate for lack of mouse-aim by moving your feet to help your crosshair meet whatever enemy at whom you were aiming.

In 3.5, you can no longer use your feet to make up the difference in where you are aiming and where the enemy is. For most people, this makes the SR8 harder to use. I'm glad everyone is all ready to declare the SR8 defunct and dead, without even bothering to spend time getting used to the new aiming method.

There is a saying about how if it does not take effort to get something, the pleasure derived from that thing goes away very quickly. I can't remember the saying as I am too tired, but you get the point.

#12 User is offline   [PoD] Hitman Arias (old) Icon

• LocationNorthern Cali.

Posted 16 May 2004 - 08:48 AM

Faster? Its become a spam war with the LR now. I use teh LR, the SR8. MP5k and Beretta in that order. In larger maps, the SR8 was my friend. All that has happened now is that campers are gonna hide better.

I'm with Lutha on this one. The entire way the game is played has changed. Not only for the SR8, but my beloved boots are gone, I'm shoeless!

I guess the people that can see 10 miles down a map and shoot your head off with an LR are pleased.

#13 Guest_Meat_Popsickle

Posted 16 May 2004 - 08:51 AM

I can strafe and shoot the sr8 just fine still. Feels exactly the same to me. I do still miss the jump shooting though :(

#14 Guest_tuxq

Posted 16 May 2004 - 08:52 AM

I know this has been an issue in the past about urt isn't about reality.... But honestly, do you think you can scope down an SR8 and straff jump in real life!? LOL!
I'd like to see a bunch of urban terrorists IRL straff jumping across buildings and shit toting an SR8 and capping everyone they see. I'm glad they changed it. Thank you 27. I was so freakin sick of one shot instakills.
I love this release, as long as it's on a good server, the hitcode is ok, gun equality is ok, and everything else, especially skins--kickass. The ONLY fluke in this release was the return of the HK bug. But so what... 5+ fixes and one fluke--- I think that's a pretty good ratio... And they'll fix it soon. So <3 to SID

#15 User is offline   rashly (old) Icon

• Locationlong island

Posted 16 May 2004 - 08:53 AM

there was actually a balance between lr and g36 the last couple of releases (percentage of people that used them, check the logs). now everyone is using the lr (the damage on lr was increased and g36 was nerfed. this obviously shifts the balance even more towards the side of the lr).

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 Guest_Meat_Popsickle

Posted 16 May 2004 - 08:54 AM

[quote name='"[PoD] Hitman Arias"]....but my beloved boots are gone' date=' I'm shoeless!...[/quote']

And praise the lord for that :wink: :D :P

#17 User is offline   [PoD] Hitman Arias (old) Icon

• LocationNorthern Cali.

Posted 16 May 2004 - 09:00 AM

Meat, all that left now is for me to shove my big fat toe up thier arses!

:)

#18 Guest_fpk

Posted 16 May 2004 - 09:40 AM

and if anything the game is faster.

less people carrying sr8s = more action packed game.

That's all I needed to hear. Now it's official,This is the response to all the whiners who complained about the sr8 in past versions. Explanation and my opinions following right now.

What I'm about to do is FAR from bashing this patch. I enjoy all the other features/tweaks but this one is like Lutha said, a bit too extreme.

27, you're telling me in previous versions, sr8 fights were boring? They were the most fun thing to spectate cause you could laugh at the one missing shots and being wow'ed by the player strafing/evading like a maniac and hitting.

You cannot have a fast game and have an element in the game which slows down some players (sr8) but makes others go faster (assault rifles). That encourages people to camp. You got a bunch of fast guys moving/bunny hopping with m4/ak/g36 and the sr8 player has to be still to be sure that he can hit so what happends? campers are born.

No I'm sorry but I agree with Lutha on this one. I approve of all the other tweaks in 3.5 but this one was just the answer to the whiners who complained about fast moving snipers. SID, I'm not even sure who the hell you guys are listening to. You keep repeating, over and over and over "this game is about fast paced action" when the truth of 3.5 is: "UrT is about fast paced action EXCEPT for the snipers!".

On a different note, I disagree about PSG. It's always hillarious for me to use the PSG. Since 3.2 (where the weak was made... don't remember too well), I manage to walk with the scope on, strafe and shoot fairly well and it's funny to see people frustrated and saying "BS!". Love that. So plz, leave PSG as it is cause its Ok!

#19 User is offline   samalander (old) Icon

• LocationNew York

Posted 16 May 2004 - 11:04 AM

I disagree with you, FPK. I actually made a short video to illustrate the point that higher MP = less camping.

That is, I'm defining camping in terms of the time spent behind barriers/etc.

As for me, I never found the crazy strafe fights of 3.4 very interesting. More than anything, especially when I was a participant, those fights were drawn out. Which is not to say that I didn't have fun, because I did. I just don't feel dirty when I use the SR8 now.

#20 User is offline   MeNoPausE (old) Icon

• LocationNew York, NY

Posted 16 May 2004 - 11:35 AM

I am thoroughly depressed after reading this thread. I switch up my weapons a lot but I love to use the Sr8 on open maps and I always strafe near or far from an enemy. If your hiding behind a corner and you whip out quickly to take a shot and then take cover again you will miss. That sux but I also never camp with the Sr8 so it means this weapon might become useless for me. I thought I remembered the conclusion to all the threads regarding changing the Sr8 were that it was going to be left alone??? Oh well, wall jump is dope. I will play on regardless and adapt. ce la vie...

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942