• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

oh lord please fix it

#21 Guest_PunisherFrosty

Posted 16 May 2004 - 11:46 AM

well i think every one hit the spot on this subject. i have plaied with the sr8 since i joined urt which was like way way back in the day. i love urt, however over the verisons i have noticed that the sr8 is the only real gun that gets picked on the most by noobs and pros. just leave it alone already, personally what i noticed in 3.5 is when i tried to shoot at someones head in subway2 i missed almost all the time which didnt make sense because i was aiming at thier head. but it could have been my aiming.

I also noticed that some of the shots dont register when your shooting at them when they are crouching, for some reason you aim to kill them but it doesnt register. but i guess the biggest problem of all time would have to clearly be the fact of me being in front of a person and shooting them but yet not one bullet goes into them. over all though i liked 3.5 and i wish for once in this comunity we can all just leave theses guns alone and just be happy with what we got rather then changing every gun each verison cause we say this guns to powerful and then the next verison comes out and we say its to damn weak and useless.

however if your going to change one gun, then they should all be changed because it weakens one gun and over powers the others. which isnt right because if i dont want to play with an auto then what im i suppost to play with a knife? granted a knife is fun to play with but agaist a gun i dont think id win. some one else said something about being more action packed? then please explain to me why i should i even play the game when i cant use the sr8? what you see as action packed isnt action packed to me because i have been playing with the gun as long as the games been around. so im suppost play with an lr because everyone else that cant use the sr8 are crying about us snipers killing them? well maybe if everyone wasnt walking like zombies and watche out for the snipers then maybe just maybe you will see a big difference in skill other then that im not given up my rifle, ill camp and camp everyones spawn if i have to get some points as long as i have fun. personally when i hold the sr8 now i feel like im holding the neg cause it weights just as much almost.

who else said something about shooting an sr8 and jumping in mid air? well buddy thats the same thing with lr300 and other guns ur not the super hero from the movies. as i last recall if you wanna compare it to the real world then if you dont hold any type of gun right you will get injuried some how, weather it be your hand or even your shoulders or whatever other body part. this is a game not the real world dude. oh and one more thing you cant shoot a whole clip of hand gun bullets really fast like they do in this game cause a marine came up to me while i was playin aera 51 at the mall and said " do you know that if you were shooting like that in real life you would burn your hand" and i said "well ill put on gloves" he then started laughing and said gloves dont work to good as well" so it just proves that this is once again A GAME!

but as i said i like 3.5 and i hope the next patch or verison will end theses fights over the sr8 and other guns, at least i hope so.

punisher

#22 Guest_Cruper

Posted 16 May 2004 - 11:51 AM

what was wrong with sr8 in 3.4 ? why did you do so ? i think that there arent many snipers anymore ... in 2.x urt was full of snipers, but now there wont by any... thanks for that fuckin crap ...

#23 Guest_incubus

Posted 16 May 2004 - 01:11 PM

and if anything the game is faster.

less people carrying sr8s = more action packed game.

Hahaha why not remove the sr8 then cause you can only camp with it now not rush ...... so if u want speed in the game this case would be remove it or make it like 3.4 so u can rush with it like I normally do.

this sr8 really fucked up my interests in this game . and as I heared on mIRC lots of other european snipers.

and fix reload bug plz (grenadelauncher etc)

#24 Guest_C-X

Posted 16 May 2004 - 01:35 PM

i like what has been done to the SR-8. it makes it a bit of a support weapon like the negev and the hk69. that's fine for me because i play CTF exclusively. i can understand liking it less if i played TS.

all in all i like 3.5 except for... the bootlessness :<

-C-X-

#25 User is offline   Aarsbuds0r (old) Icon

• LocationNetherlands, The

Posted 16 May 2004 - 01:45 PM

[quote name='"Cruper"]what was wrong with sr8 in 3.4 ? why did you do so ? i think that there arent many snipers anymore ... in 2.x urt was full of snipers' date=' but now there wont by any... thanks for that f*ck crap ...[/quote']

The sr8 in 3.5 is as in 2.5. And it 3.4 it was way too easy to kill with sr8, it was damn annoying. Every corner you got around, some n00b sr8' ers waiting to shoot you.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#26 Guest_Cruper

Posted 16 May 2004 - 01:58 PM

but u cant rush now anymore ...

#27 Guest_C-X

Posted 16 May 2004 - 02:03 PM

but u cant rush now anymore ...

maybe YOU can't rush anymore, but the rest of us can.

-C-X-

#28 User is offline   L3mMinG (old) Icon

Posted 16 May 2004 - 02:14 PM

Is anyone surprised that somebody started whining about this ?

It's the same with every release, like you're the only one having to adjust. I played yesterday and the sr8 still seemed effective for lots of people. Apart from the reload bug this release feels pretty good after playing for an hour.

#29 Guest_UE|FinnY

Posted 16 May 2004 - 02:15 PM

i am so glad that less people will be hopefully using sr8 :D

#30 Guest_Majic.

Posted 16 May 2004 - 02:47 PM

With the SR8 you need to understand how the thing is behaving.
With the g_scopering you have a nice movement penalty indicator.

What that ring does is show you how exactly what the movement penalty is doing.
So if you are moving and shoot your shot will land anywhere in that ring.

But if you learn to use the SR8 and watch the ring behaviour carefully you can play a thousand times better with the SR8 as you now know exactly what it's doing.

Which means you CAN run around with the SR8 and get rushing with it by working with the MP.

You just need to get your mouse sensitivity off of 2 and watch your shooting velocity.

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942