• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

What you think of 3.6

#1 User is offline   Dark Devil (old) Icon

• LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 16 May 2004 - 05:24 PM

Post here of what you think of 3.5 overall. What you like and don't like.

Well, 3.5 is a good realease. Some new additions are good, and some a bit awkward. Well, starting postivie, Wall Jumping is great. It opens up brand new expectaions for jumpers and where they can jump. It's fun to boot your own team mate to. Some thing else i really liked was the completely updated Abbey. It fells more liek the orginal. And it kicks ass. But IMO, that should have been Abbey3, not an update of the 2nd one. Another thign is Night Vision. That's fun to use. I like red or yellow. it works well and please never change that.

A few things that dissapointed me a little bit were two things. The Sr8, and the Boot. First, With the Sr8, it requires more skill, but will get annoying at times. I've been strafing and shootin with the Sr8 for a while. Now most of the time you got like a 30% chance of hitting them while strafing. Not even. Though i do like that black circle in the Sr8. At least lower that, not all the way, but a little. Dont get me wrong though, the Sr8 is still fun to use but i miss Strafing and Shootin. Now i crouch half the time in order to shoot. Second, the boot. God that was frustating. Knife with boot. Last night while i was playing, i constentaly was trying to boot soem one and i remember i needed to have the knife out :(. I really don't understand the point to that. If you wanna make the boot with a knife. The least you can do is raise the percent of damage to 20-25.

Overall, those two negative things cant interfere with IMO one of the best releases.

Nice Work Sid!
{EmS}Dark.

#2 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

• LocationWishin' I was in SoCal

Posted 16 May 2004 - 05:37 PM

More skill is a good thing...

#3 Guest_PoZel

Posted 16 May 2004 - 05:56 PM

the 1 thing that cant be ignored are the hk bugs. They have ruined most of my regular servers so far. The 255 nades is still there and so is the multiple nades at once.

Pls dont ignore this as if it werent here.

#4 Guest_PoZel

Posted 16 May 2004 - 05:57 PM

also, i am a sr8 user and think that the movement penalty is great. it stops complete noobs from using the sr8 as an on the move weapon.

I think the increase in skill is great, and that a smaller penalty should be put on the psg

#5 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

• LocationWishin' I was in SoCal

Posted 16 May 2004 - 06:16 PM

the 1 thing that cant be ignored are the hk bugs. They have ruined most of my regular servers so far. The 255 nades is still there and so is the multiple nades at once.

Pls dont ignore this as if it werent here.

it will be fixed when the release comes out today, dont worry...

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 Guest_PoZel

Posted 16 May 2004 - 06:17 PM

nice1 SI, thanks for the continued support

#7 Guest_Annihilator

Posted 16 May 2004 - 06:23 PM

All in all, I like 3.5 (weapon overloading notwithstanding). I think the sr8 needed this change even if I didn't think so in the beginning. Right now I'm pretty useless with it but a week of practice should be all it takes. I am a little dissapointed with the g36 taking a hit. I understand it was also overused, but I need that scope to see the red skins on most maps. Now the g36 feels a lot like a scoped lr without the headshots. I'm not really complaining just commenting. Urbanterror is a great game and this updated offers some great additions. Wall jumping is kickass, haven't got a chance to try the new tac goggles yet, but I'm sure I will be using them a bunch now.

#8 Guest_Wil Badger

Posted 16 May 2004 - 06:26 PM

well all in all the only thing i can complain about is the nade bug.i update my server and with in 20 minutes i had several tards come on with their new nade spam bug blasting away everywhere. i just as soon demo go take out the patch and gladly restarted.

#9 User is offline   Dark Devil (old) Icon

• LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 16 May 2004 - 09:39 PM

Lets start this over.

Post here of what you think of 3.6 overall. What you like and don't like.

Well, 3.6 is a good realease. Some new additions are good, and some a bit awkward. Well, starting postivie, Wall Jumping is great. It opens up brand new expectaions for jumpers and where they can jump. It's fun to boot your own team mate to. Some thing else i really liked was the completely updated Abbey. It fells more liek the orginal. And it kicks ass. But IMO, that should have been Abbey3, not an update of the 2nd one. Another thign is Night Vision. That's fun to use. I like red or yellow. it works well and please never change that.

A few things that dissapointed me a little bit were two things. The Sr8, and the Boot. First, With the Sr8, it requires more skill, but will get annoying at times. I've been strafing and shootin with the Sr8 for a while. Now most of the time you got like a 30% chance of hitting them while strafing. Not even. Though i do like that black circle in the Sr8. At least lower that, not all the way, but a little. Dont get me wrong though, the Sr8 is still fun to use but i miss Strafing and Shootin. Now i crouch half the time in order to shoot. Second, the boot. God that was frustating. Knife with boot. Last night while i was playing, i constentaly was trying to boot soem one and i remember i needed to have the knife out :(. I really don't understand the point to that. If you wanna make the boot with a knife. The least you can do is raise the percent of damage to 20-25.

Overall, those two negative things cant interfere with IMO one of the best releases.

Nice Work Sid!
{EmS}Dark.

#10 Guest_Annihilator

Posted 16 May 2004 - 10:14 PM

The only thing I could saw is that the rate at which the penalty demishes could be a bit faster. But truthfully, it will be a few weeks of play before that can be confirmed.

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942