• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

WTF is up with the models??

#11 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 12 April 2007 - 05:00 PM

There's no way around it, unless you're all on a LAN with 0 ping.

#12 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 12 April 2007 - 05:08 PM

nevermind, I thought you were talking about eyes on models.

#13 User is offline   T3ebO Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: t3ebo
  • Main tag: |UG|

Posted 12 April 2007 - 08:50 PM

The only comment I could make about this, is that I often get killed by players that seems to be shooting 45 degrees to the side of me :) Guess it's the ping?

#14 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 12 April 2007 - 09:04 PM

Guess it's the ping?

It's one of the 3 things I mentioned.

#15 User is offline   Spacebar (old) Icon

Posted 12 April 2007 - 09:41 PM

I noticed that the combination of the slower duck speed, and the in-ability to move your head in relation to your crosshairs makes it impossible to duck shots now.
I really also do not understand what made ducking and looking down a 'hack' seeing now EVERYBODY IN THE GAME could easily do it with no script of any kind, as its not entirely difficult to flick your mouse down real fast and press a button on your keyboard.(yes i do understand that you could easily make a .cfg with a crazy vstr that automatically does this for you, but its so easy thats kind-of overkill.)
I do admit that other players ducking/looking down real quick to dodge my shots annoyed the hell out of me at first, but then i realized 'hey they are ducking so they cant move very fast, DUR easy shot, just wait until they duck and shoot then.' I soon adopted the tactic in certain situations,as its actually fun especially in a multi person fire-fight when you are taking fire from multiple angles,as you might actually survive. Not a chance in 4.0, as 2 players firing on you almost always guarantees your death with the improved hit detection.

The fix to not tie head movement dosnt work because like people have pointed out, if you are 'sneaking' up on say somebody with an sr8 from the side, in 3.7 you KNEW he couldnt see you, so using a knife was a safe tactic. In 4.0 not only is this no longer feasible, ive actually been hiding/walking quietly to the side of a door while somebody poked their sr8 through the door, i waited so i could shoot his cover first, and BOOM it some how shot me while it was almost perpendicular to me. The point being i would have shot his arms IMMEDIATELY if they were pointed at me instead of away.(the model it self was still 100% in the hallway, no way he could have seen me in 3.7.)

I feel you should put BACK the 100% head movement and the faster crouch( mabey not as fast of a crouch, this would make turtling a little harder but still feasible), being able to anticipate your opponents shot and 'duck' is completely a legit tactic, and if you are actually using it to 'hide' then you give your self a dis-advantage of not-being able to see temporarily, and only use your sound. This also brought a fun level of play to weird 3rd party maps like 'corn' (not a great map for serious play by any means but...)where you could actually duck and hide in the corn if you looked down, thus making you invisible but also unable to shoot back. And in normal maps being able to hide behind a 40 unit ledge isnt that bad if the player is normally 72 units tall , thats not even 1/2reduction in height still.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   AKGRIZZLY (old) Icon

• LocationAlaska

Posted 12 April 2007 - 10:12 PM

I feel you should put BACK the 100% head movement and the faster crouch( mabey not as fast of a crouch, this would make turtling a little harder but still feasible), being able to anticipate your opponents shot and 'duck' is completely a legit tactic, and if you are actually using it to 'hide' then you give your self a dis-advantage of not-being able to see temporarily, and only use your sound. This also brought a fun level of play to weird 3rd party maps like 'corn' (not a great map for serious play by any means but...)where you could actually duck and hide in the corn if you looked down, thus making you invisible but also unable to shoot back. And in normal maps being able to hide behind a 40 unit ledge isnt that bad if the player is normally 72 units tall , thats not even 1/2reduction in height still.

Absolutely,  F1.

#17 User is offline   Kabal Icon

• Account: kabal
  • Main tag: ]$[

Posted 13 April 2007 - 12:58 AM

i agree on everything but the faster crouch: i never liked the crouch-spam.

#18 User is offline   D33P_FRI3D|poop (old) Icon

• Locationeither at my pc or my gravitational device o(^_^)o

Posted 14 April 2007 - 06:54 PM

I agree the 100 percent head movement was very useful i used to know when i could take my time and knock someones head off or knife them or even boot them off an edge i agree we need 100 percent headmovement back PLZ :evil:

#19 User is offline   AKGRIZZLY (old) Icon

• LocationAlaska

Posted 14 April 2007 - 11:38 PM

I agree the 100 percent head movement was very useful i used to know when i could take my time and knock someones head off or knife them or even boot them off an edge i agree we need 100 percent headmovement back PLZ :evil:

F1

#20 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

• LocationWishin' I was in SoCal

Posted 15 April 2007 - 12:10 AM

Will not be changed until animations are redone, which won't be anytime soon. We will have to learn to adapt.

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942