• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

4.0 Map Exploits/Jumps =)

#1 User is offline   Nigel Icon

• Account: nigel

Posted 10 April 2007 - 09:09 AM

Hey All..

Well I been hard at work finding exploits and cool jumps in the new maps for 4.0.  I'll be uploading them to Youtube and supplying you guys with links as I upload them.

DEV TEAM! Don't view the vids then get any wild ideas about fixing things.  Maps need some fun stuff to make them interesting! =)

So hopefully I will get some links up tonight, but knowing Youtube's server I might not be able to until tomorrow.  See ya'll later.

#2 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

• LocationWishin' I was in SoCal

Posted 10 April 2007 - 09:20 AM

Well, if those areas are camping spots, rest assured we will possible clip them. Why wouldn't we? If they are typically NOT an area you should be, regardless of how you got up there or our lack of player clips.

#3 User is offline   dborg (old) Icon

• LocationGermany

Posted 10 April 2007 - 09:23 AM

An exploit is an exploit because it's not meant to be used, so naturally it should get fixed. :P

#4 User is offline   Nigel Icon

• Account: nigel

Posted 10 April 2007 - 09:34 AM

Well, if those areas are camping spots, rest assured we will possible clip them. Why wouldn't we? If they are typically NOT an area you should be, regardless of how you got up there or our lack of player clips.

LoL.  Don't get all mad now man.  I'm not going to camp these spots, and they are not very easy to get to, so I am doubting that the noobs that camp will be able to camp them.  If you and the team decide to go back and "fix" them... Well, I guess whatever.  I have fun making up new jumps and finding cool little spots, so please don't wreck everything.  I'm not malignant. =)

#5 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

Posted 10 April 2007 - 09:41 AM

Oh no, I'm not upset at all. If the level designer see them or knows about them, I am sure they will clip them. It really is not that big of a deal, since many will not be able to exploit those areas. But we will see. It is not meant to take your fun away, it is meant to make sure the level is played as intended. That's all. I know you and many others want jumps and more jumps. Legit jumps in levels, not these hard to reach, shoulda been clipped areas. Still love to see the demos though.

#6 User is offline   L3mMinG (old) Icon

Posted 10 April 2007 - 08:41 PM

LoL.  Don't get all mad now man.  I'm not going to camp these spots, and they are not very easy to get to, so I am doubting that the noobs that camp will be able to camp them.  If you and the team decide to go back and "fix" them... Well, I guess whatever.  I have fun making up new jumps and finding cool little spots, so please don't wreck everything.  I'm not malignant. =)

Frankly I don't care about n00bs camping those spots, they die ez, it's the pr0 cunts I am worried about  :|

#7 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

Posted 11 April 2007 - 01:04 AM

Exploits will be fix, others areas that were intended to be jump to will remain

#8 User is offline   AKGRIZZLY (old) Icon

• LocationAlaska

Posted 11 April 2007 - 02:00 AM

Hey All..

Well I been hard at work finding exploits and cool jumps in the new maps for 4.0.  I'll be uploading them to Youtube and supplying you guys with links as I upload them.

DEV TEAM! Don't view the vids then get any wild ideas about fixing things.  Maps need some fun stuff to make them interesting! =)

So hopefully I will get some links up tonight, but knowing Youtube's server I might not be able to until tomorrow.  See ya'll later.

Dude just don't even post them, I prefer to call them "map eggs" rather than exploits.  They are fun to find and fun to share with people and so on.  If someone hands the team a list of little spots like that they will surely clip them and then those of us who like that stuff for fun purposes rather than as godspots won't have half as much fodder for those 2am 1v1 games where neither really feels like a serious game but you just can't manage to disconnect yet.  :lol:

#9 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 11 April 2007 - 02:21 AM

Don't spend much time thinking about it. Do your movies and have fun. The dev team can later change anything they want because it's their game, and rightly so since many of those - especially the easier ones  that can be done by the majority - break the playability mappers had in mind.

#10 User is offline   MaxiM (old) Icon

• LocationPoland

Posted 11 April 2007 - 02:24 AM

Like jumping on the window shutters on Austria - clip'em ;)

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942