• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Buggy SR8?

#31 User is offline   FragginNewby (old) Icon

• LocationKilladelphia, PA

Posted 25 April 2007 - 02:03 AM

I'm guessing that a few people here have shown how NOT to help new people?  BRAVO Naked and Stray... that was awesome. :roll:

I've noticed something different about the SR8 sometimes, but I'm not sure if it was related to my mouse issues, either.  Seen it only once or twice, but I've had my SR8 fire immediately after a reload - but, I do have some issues with my mouse still, plus by that point, I had probably hit the fire button 2 or 3 times during the reload sequence.  I'm thinking maybe the mouse signal lagged (which is the issue I have sometimes) then registered as the reload sequence finished?  I can't reproduce it, try as I might, so I'm thinking it's more a timing issue with the mouse lag.  Have there been any changes with the SR8 reloading seuence, timing or anything like that?

#32 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 25 April 2007 - 02:17 AM

Nasty comments towards the dev team is nothing new, you learb to deal with those.

Yes, we learn to deal with them in the way to not let them stop us from continue'ing the work. No, we don't deal with them by tolerating them doing it. I will not allow them to flame the good people I had the pleasure to work with at least.

TrueScope: just try to be a little more respectful when asking questions man... All will be fine if you are... Telling people how much they suck doesn't make them feel well and it doesn't get you anywhere either.

I'm guessing that a few people here have shown how NOT to help new people?  BRAVO Naked and Stray... that was awesome. :roll:

If this guy would have asked for help in a normal way (which a lot of other new people don't have trouble with by the way), I'm sure it would have been different.

#33 User is offline   Naked Assassin (old) Icon

• LocationScotland

Posted 25 April 2007 - 02:44 AM

I'm guessing you missed TrueScope whining about the gameplay in countless threads in the last week, yet you have a "NO WHINERS" logo in your sig.  Make up your mind!!

Anyway, I refer you to the following post...

http://www.forums.ur....html#msg101765

... where I quite clearly DID attempt to help him out....  and of course the post you attempted to dissect on my philosophy of gameplay, aimed at educating the new breed. I'm sure there are one or two others as well over the past month or so. Bravo FragginNewby!!

#34 User is offline   FragginNewby (old) Icon

• LocationKilladelphia, PA

Posted 25 April 2007 - 03:14 AM

No, I actually read more than I post... so I have read his other threads, the comments, etc.  I'll stand by my comments in this thread.

Your other post?  Well, I thought it was terribly one-sided and since you claim it was for n00bs, I thought it was only fair to point out that while people do whine about it, camping/defending is a legit tactic to use, even if people don't like it... so, the sig stays.  You might think that the game should be played a certain way, but it doesn't mean that everyone should play it that way, too.  Sorry if you find tt offensive that I countered specific points in your post, but n00bs should know that the game can be played just about any way they want within reason - and different tactics, being within reason, includes the camping you railed on in your thread.  I play agressively, I camp, I spam nades into the middle of the map, I run around spamming, I move tactically, I run a specific "point-A to point-B" pattern holding crucial ground - it depends on how I feel like playing at the time, who my teammates are, how my team is playing in general - is that the wrong way to play the game?  Or is it that nobody should disagree with you?

#35 User is offline   AKGRIZZLY (old) Icon

• LocationAlaska

Posted 25 April 2007 - 03:45 AM

L O L  :lol:

I've dealt with a wide range of buggy sr8 reload/click fire/2ndary change/ etc bugs over a number of different machines and even more installations of various incarnations of Urban Terror.  I just work around it.  It never even occurred to me to report it or cry about it. 

This guy has gone out of his way over a number of threads to sarcastically deride the people who burn the midnight oil working on this game.  He can't quit playing, he just hasn't been around long enough to know he's checked into the hotel california of video games.  pfft fkn no0b.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#36 User is offline   Naked Assassin (old) Icon

• LocationScotland

Posted 25 April 2007 - 04:16 AM

No, I actually read more than I post... so I have read his other threads, the comments, etc.  I'll stand by my comments in this thread.

Your other post?  Well, I thought it was terribly one-sided and since you claim it was for n00bs, I thought it was only fair to point out that while people do whine about it, camping/defending is a legit tactic to use, even if people don't like it... so, the sig stays.  You might think that the game should be played a certain way, but it doesn't mean that everyone should play it that way, too.  Sorry if you find tt offensive that I countered specific points in your post, but n00bs should know that the game can be played just about any way they want within reason - and different tactics, being within reason, includes the camping you railed on in your thread.  I play agressively, I camp, I spam nades into the middle of the map, I run around spamming, I move tactically, I run a specific "point-A to point-B" pattern holding crucial ground - it depends on how I feel like playing at the time, who my teammates are, how my team is playing in general - is that the wrong way to play the game?  Or is it that nobody should disagree with you?

I see you still don't acknowledge that I did previously give help to TrueScope and others firstly in the laser post (the one i linked to) and when I tried to give newbies a 'different' outlook on Urban Terror compared to what they may be used to in other games.

Of course the other post was one sided, it was my philosophy on how I like the game to be played. I'm not saying don't disagree, but you didn't need to slice it up and have a pop at me for it when you could quite easily have said "I see your point, here's mine" and got on with it.

I know you are a good player and I don't mind the style of play you describe. Obviously that is positive for a team. That's far more fun doing that, or like me running around fast tearing strips off opponents rather than hiding behind a crate for 20 mins at a time which is what I was getting at.  Of course tactical 'camping' can be used - I quite often used to hold my team's platform on Subway 2 (pub or match) but I never sat in the 1 spot, it's a dynamic role with 4 ways onto the platform and 2 ways from the platform to the flag. I don't class that in the same bracket as a newbie hiding behind a crate or a wall spamming mp5 bullets across a map.

If we don't educate them that such 'tactics' are detrimental to their chances of enjoying this particular game, they will not stick around to play it, and ultimately the game will die off.

#37 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

• LocationWishin' I was in SoCal

Posted 25 April 2007 - 05:58 AM

Did I mention my trackball works just fine?  :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

#38 User is offline   L3mMinG (old) Icon

Posted 25 April 2007 - 12:12 PM

Truescope, the thing somebody said about putting more pressure on the snipers is correct. It's the same thing with quake3's railgun (and probably a reason why warsow copied it and those games are even faster then urt)

#39 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 25 April 2007 - 03:04 PM

No, we don't deal with them by tolerating them doing it. I will not allow them to flame the good people I had the pleasure to work with at least.

i'd try not being that upset about it.

#40 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 25 April 2007 - 03:07 PM

I get upset when people disrespect good people. Sorry.

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942