• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Buggy SR8?

#51 User is offline   AKGRIZZLY (old) Icon

• LocationAlaska

Posted 28 April 2007 - 12:12 AM

It isn't necessarily a bug.

If you shoot, reload and press fire before the reload is finished then the gun shoots again immediately and then goes to the bolt sequence.  That is just how it works.  Hold your itchy trigger finger and it won't do it.

That's what I eventually had to learn to do, the sr8 is a slow weapon, rightfully so given it's lethality.  Fire control under pressure, you have to let it reload a l l  t h e  w a y and sometimes the slow reload time means your dead if you instinctively hit reload where you shouldn't have and your intended target closes the gap.

#52 User is offline   StrayCat (old) Icon

Posted 28 April 2007 - 12:37 AM

This is where the crouch duck came in VERY handy in 3.7. Now if you have to wait for the animation to go through before you can switch weapon you are dead. Before you could duck and move until your weapon switched and a lot of times at least get a few 2ndry shots off.

I still don't understand why I can't duck behind stuff now.  I know it was being abused but with all the boxes cut down on most maps now I don't see what it hurts having it in. You still have to stand/look up and aim at the guy.  Feels so wierd looking straight down and knowing that your head is still sticking out above a box, lol. But, sa'll good if it helps then i'm for it, however I agree with True scope (now that I figured out wth "bug" he was talking about lol) that this animation on the sr8 should be revisited now that other things have changed.

#53 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 28 April 2007 - 11:33 AM

this is how it works but it shouldn't. it's logically right to be able to get a sec while reloading so it should be able to cancel reloading and get a sec. maybe it's from a time sr8 ruled but now with 3 bullets, moving penalties and auto spammers ruling, it's looking like a lame gun. give it some flexibility, you took its bullets and that can be good, it'll show more who are the more accurate snipers but don't make it lame.

#54 User is offline   RahX (old) Icon

• LocationPaducah KY

Posted 28 April 2007 - 09:39 PM

Back to cpma gladly. Oh, and good luck keeping the game alive when quake wars comes out. L8r.

Oh my beastly 1.4ghz will love quake warz! Heh

I know of this "bug" as I'm slowing trying to learn with the sr8 due to constantly getting owned by it on certain levels like Austria. My problem is shooting too soon. Its not a bug, you just have to make sure you are telling it to fire when you have a shell loaded, as opposed to going nuts when somebody rushes you.

#55 User is offline   CRIMENY Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: crimeny
  • Main tag: /eVo/

Posted 28 April 2007 - 11:16 PM

TrueScope, I experience the same thing if I'm thinking what you are.  It's happened to me since 3.7 and prior, sadly.  I seem to be the only one that it happens to.  I'm sure if I had condumps since 4.0 I'd have 5 or 6 instances where it happened.  Fortunately, I caught it on a demo recently, so I'll have to fish through them to find it.

What happens to me is that the trigger gets stuck somehow and unloads a whole clip, then clicks repeatedly.  Usually if I reload or switch to another weapon, it remains stuck.  I don't know how it stops, but sometime it does and sometimes I waste all of my ammo so I just /reconnect and it's back to normal.

I'll hunt for the demos of when the trigger stuck on me.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#56 User is offline   CRIMENY Icon

•   verified donor   

Posted 29 April 2007 - 02:58 AM

Here's one demo I've found so far, and I haven't yet found the demo showing when I had one of the worst stuck triggers in many years.

http://jon8rfc.homei...uck_trigger.zip

I don't know how to splice that into smaller chunks, but the trigger bug is at the end...about 10 minutes into the demo.  Just don't be raggin' on how I play the game, please :evil:

When the trigger gets stuck on that demo, you'll see me respawn and the screen looks normal and the bug doesn't seem to have followed--this is because I pulled down the console or chatted after I died (which stops the gun), and that doesn't get recorded in the demo.  Keep that in mind so you know why I respawn and don't fire, but once I send the chat or fold up the console, the firing commences, as you'll see.

I'll watch some more and try to find the really bad one.  I have one short demo that showcases how you can't return the flag immediately after the carrier drops it...you have to wait for it to get comfortable on the ground, and then walk over it again.  Should I start a new thread for that issue?  I know I'll find more demos of the flag owning me, or I'll end up recording some new ones within the week.

#57 User is offline   CRIMENY Icon

•   verified donor   

Posted 29 April 2007 - 04:17 AM

I just had this happen again, but it wasn't the terrible kind this time...I didn't have to reconnect to fix it.  The video starts at 22:xx and the trigger bug happens at about 14:xx

http://jon8rfc.homei...ck_trigger2.zip

I'm not double-posting without thinking about it; I really dislike worthless double-posts.  Since the posts were a while apart, if I edited the post, those that already read wouldn't again because there wouldn't be a new post :)

#58 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 29 April 2007 - 04:25 AM

The forum shows edited posts as new posts :P Not that it matters. Having a double post isn't such big a crime :P

#59 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 29 April 2007 - 06:37 PM

The forum shows edited posts as new posts

it doesn't when using 'showing unread' urls. it should.

edit: and it should keep your font smaller on the quotation but who cares about that bit.

#60 User is offline   TrueScope (old) Icon

Posted 29 April 2007 - 07:47 PM

TrueScope, I experience the same thing if I'm thinking what you are.  It's happened to me since 3.7 and prior, sadly.  I seem to be the only one that it happens to.  I'm sure if I had condumps since 4.0 I'd have 5 or 6 instances where it happened.  Fortunately, I caught it on a demo recently, so I'll have to fish through them to find it.

What happens to me is that the trigger gets stuck somehow and unloads a whole clip, then clicks repeatedly.  Usually if I reload or switch to another weapon, it remains stuck.  I don't know how it stops, but sometime it does and sometimes I waste all of my ammo so I just /reconnect and it's back to normal.

I'll hunt for the demos of when the trigger stuck on me.

Hi there nmX.CRIMENY.

I just got done looking at your demos.
The first demo was good, and you play fine just use cover a bit more and you will capture more flags. Anywho i got the demo to work and watched all the way thru. I did see what you were talking about. I saw you shooting when u died and after 10 seconds you respawned and where firing your M4. Then the demo ends.

The second demo i couldnt get to work using UrT's default demo browser. Says something about "couldnt cipher server's welcome screen"???? Something like that. Anyway i didnt get to watch it.

Umm, Im not sure what to say. Ive never ran across this bug because Ive never played with the M4, this topic was for buggy SR8. It would be hard just from watching the demos to say that its a legit bug and not just holding down +attack. Thanks for the effort tho. Demo recording is a good way to show what u think is a bug.

I feel like we do need to help these guys out, look for bugs and report them. That way the next version of UrT will be more to our liking. We need to figure out a better way to prove our bugs. We need to single out the bug and try to re-create on demand. Then maybe we could not only record the demo but set up a camera to watch over our shoulders just to make sure we arent hitting any buttons. Or another idea i had was to install a keyloger. Only that idea would be easy to hack. Could edit the log before you submit it to the team. Maybe figure out how to re-create and let them see for themselves.

Anyways nmX.CRIMENY thanks for all of your help. Feel free to help anytime. Post your bugs, lets work them out and get them noticed.  8-)

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942