• +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Buggy SR8?

#61 User is offline   AKGRIZZLY (old) Icon

• LocationAlaska

Posted 29 April 2007 - 08:23 PM

He can't quit playing, he just hasn't been around long enough to know he's checked into the hotel california of video games.

#62 User is offline   StrayCat (old) Icon

Posted 29 April 2007 - 08:42 PM

I think this is 2 different issues.  TrueScope hasn't gotten used to the fact you have to let the sr8 load the next bullet into the chamber before you can switch weapons (which was intentional by FS back in the day for other reasons, but should be re-looked at now that things have changed)

Criminey your issue appears to be the mouse bug, which so far has been fixed by changing in_mouse to -1 and doing a in_restart in game.  Try it, and see if your issue disappears, it did for me and my symptoms were EXACTLY the same as yours. 

#63 User is offline   C.I.S (old) Icon

• LocationFlint Town

Posted 29 April 2007 - 08:50 PM

Cat is right, as far that I know the SR-8 as work this way for some time now and have never had problems.

#64 User is offline   CRIMENY Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: crimeny
  • Main tag: /eVo/

Posted 30 April 2007 - 01:59 AM

I thought changing the in_mouse disabled mouse drivers and uses the stripped-down, basic Windows driver :?

And I have more demos to go through.  Maybe the demo that gave you an error was done in a different .exe?  I use both quake3.exe and iourbanterror.exe, and I'm not sure which one was used for any demo.

#65 User is offline   Alpha-Slayer (old) Icon

Posted 04 May 2007 - 02:05 AM

Buggy-not buggy-I don't really care. I think it's great that we have a game that has such a loyal fan base, wide range of serves, in-depth support, continuing releases and no end in sight....I love urban terror, I love the product that the DEV team has compiled. I have been playing since 2.4 and I still suck. I don't blame the game, I don't blame my machine...I am just not apt to be a pro...but I have fun. Everything has problems. How many space shuttles have blown up? How many Cruise liners have sunk? Nothing is ever full proof. Doom 3 has bugs somewhere. If we measure in terms of perfection we will only be let down. We all enjoy this product and everyone has an opinion. I happen to agree with the mass on this one. Let me just say because I have never said it before "THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORK AND DEDICATION TO YOUR DREAM", it gets me away from my job and my life for at least an hour!

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#66 User is offline   Jaded-Fox (old) Icon

• LocationU.S. Mass.

Posted 29 June 2007 - 09:59 AM

Im relaly sorry for not having time to read all the pages but Ill will also ad that I too have had a problem with the sr8. Dont get me rong its hitting much better than 3.7, but Ive tanken shots at people point blank scoped standing perfeclty still and it will miss. Im not sure weather thats lag form my wirless router or its the game. Ether way im still happy with the way the sr is

#67 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 29 June 2007 - 11:49 AM

Im relaly sorry for not having time to read all the pages

I don't think many remember anyway  :-D

but Ill will also ad that I too have had a problem with the sr8. Dont get me rong its hitting much better than 3.7, but Ive tanken shots at people point blank scoped standing perfeclty still and it will miss. Im not sure weather thats lag form my wirless router or its the game. Ether way im still happy with the way the sr is

try '/cg_lagometer 1' and see if there're issues with networking. if the top line isn't a sawtooth line of the same color and the lower one straight of the same color, there may be gameplay inconsistencies.

#68 User is offline   restless Icon

• Account: restless
  • Main tag: hg`.

Posted 30 June 2007 - 12:40 PM

its really simple...
When you reload your sr8 and switch to sec weapon after and press the shoot button to soon the sr8 still fires a round, don't know what is the precise moment you can start shooting with the secondary but its all about timing, you probably have to wait until you got the skin of the secondary loaded.
when you play this game longer you get this in your fingers and it won't happen anymore.
Good Luck with practicing.

#69 User is offline   D33P_FRI3D|poop (old) Icon

• Locationeither at my pc or my gravitational device o(^_^)o

Posted 02 July 2007 - 01:34 PM

Lmao.. Naked... lmao 

I'm not sure what you're experiencing True scope because my Sr8 only fires when I fire it.  Maybe a short demo would help make your point.  However, reporting a bug and then trashing the dev team in the same post was borderline ignorant, you may have a viable claim here. Upon your discription though I couldn't tell exactly what your problem was through your bashing of the game and the dev team throughout it.  So how about a demo or a better discription of the bug without all the hatorade. Thx.

P.s. There is a mouse bug in the game that makes your gun keep firing and crouch get all buggy, maybe you're experiencing this?  If so the way to fix it in game is to drop the console and type /in_mouse -1  then do a /in_restart.  Test this out to rule out any mouse buggery.
yeha naked man wow grr... and in_mouse -1 just made my mouse4 buttons get all f'ed up now i need to do something to fix this man this is no good

#70 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 02 July 2007 - 01:37 PM

in_mouse 1

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942