Urban Terror Forums: something americans should know about the game: - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (5 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

something americans should know about the game:

#21 User is offline   Kr0m Icon

•   former FS member   
    Lead Forums Administrator
  • Account: kr0m

Posted 17 May 2004 - 06:03 PM

Like I've said in the many other sr8 related posts... the sr8 is where it should be now. It actually makes you behave like a sniper. If you want to play with railguns, there's other mods that have them for Q3 available!

#22 User is offline   EnDYmiON Icon

• Account: endymion

Posted 17 May 2004 - 06:31 PM

Hmmmm...what ticks me off is like what 27 pointed out, I could have sworn there are QA team members and even SID Team members who do not live in the US of A. I could care less about the SR-8 whining, it's the "...but i think americans should know that they're not the only ones which play this game" comment that makes me upset. It was an ignorant comment that had absolutly no place in these forums. Don't drag other people and their cultures into your petty little flame.

#23 User is offline   Shiza Icon

• Account: shiza

Posted 17 May 2004 - 06:38 PM

Yeah I noticed that a bunch of config files were included with the 3.5 release. Almost all of them were contributed by players in countries other than the US.

#24 User is offline   autoaim.cfg (old) Icon

Posted 17 May 2004 - 07:30 PM

On the behalf of the European Urban Terror Community I hereby place a soiled cloth ballgag on the CS-gimp and retire from this utterly insane thread. Merry Christmas!

#25 User is offline   ikcam (old) Icon

• LocationSLC, UT

Posted 17 May 2004 - 07:48 PM

Some ppl whine worsre then my 4 year old son.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#26 User is offline   tr!ckn0l0gy (old) Icon

• Locationreal virtuality

Posted 17 May 2004 - 08:25 PM

On the behalf of the European Urban Terror Community I hereby place a soiled cloth ballgag on the CS-gimp and retire from this utterly insane thread. Merry Christmas!

For the sake of our holy trans-atlantic ties, I'll second that... :wink: :lol:

#27 User is offline   EnDYmiON Icon

• Account: endymion

Posted 17 May 2004 - 08:38 PM

ROFL!!! @ autoaim.cfg

#28 Guest_Smurfy

Posted 17 May 2004 - 09:00 PM

:) Many people arent happy with the sr8 its true. Many people are.
SID arent stupid they knew they would get stick over it (Which i have to say is slightly ironic as without them youd be stuck playing CS or someother FPS.) The fact is we tested some changes to the sr8 which would have made you break down and cry, this is fairly tame to what was planned.

You have to understand SID are trying to juggle so many different playstyles/gametypes in 1 game it must be a nightmare.
Take the new abbey2 great CTF map, good TS map totally useless BM map;) whats right for one gametype isnt right for another and the same goes for publics and clanwars. The sr8 was changed to hopefully put the majority of SR8 players (like yourself) off it to help balance the weapons more evenly, you can make the argument autos are spamers or whatever but automatics make for a faster game than snipers in most gametypes.

As a side note
I dont agree with everything SID has done but there is a way to express your opinion. This change wasnt made to piss you off;) so show some respect to people that do something for ya.

#29 Guest_OutThere

Posted 17 May 2004 - 09:20 PM

Smurfy:

As a side note
I dont agree with everything SID has done but there is a way to express your opinion. This change wasnt made to piss you off;) so show some respect to people that do something for ya.

I agree with you. I know I was not happy when SID made it so that I could pick a second main gun in the place of my secondary gun. Because of what SID did, I think I am a better player for it. That is my two cents and I hope they keep that change that was made a whlie ago for good.

#30 Guest_agiantblackdude

Posted 17 May 2004 - 11:17 PM

I SMOKE CRACK ROCKS

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942