Advertisement
  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

FPS issue

#11 Guest_Wil Badger

Posted 18 May 2004 - 02:02 PM

oh i'm sorry i didn't mention that i have it turned off in a desktop shortcut. if i click on my pb server it comes on if i join my other it is off. i'm not new to gaming i know it still runs on the client even though the server doesn't and that is not the problem.it's not pb on my end i know for a fact, i can turn it off in the config and still have it happen on a self server single player game. if i were on my server with out pb it will happen to me in the middle to end of a game not just the start of one .i have played with all the pb setting and it still happens.i know it's not the server having trouble .i have more than enough line to handle it.the only thing i can come up with as far as being on a server is lost packets or something .but the way it feels and looks it's not .the newest laggy feel isn't so much a fps drop but a screen lockup .it looks as if you are going to lock up everthing starts to move slow for a second or two then it's all good again. it seems to happen we there are a lot of people firing in the same area.it's not a fps drop stays capped at 125 .not a connection drop no lines in the lagometer.

#12 Guest_tuxq

Posted 18 May 2004 - 02:19 PM

Hmmmm....
Would you happen to be running Windows? :)
Just kidding... I'll leave this thread now :P

Edit: Not to hate on Windows or anything... But I don't get any FPS problems at all. Here are my system specs...
Athlon XP 2400+ T-Bred
1024MB DDR
Audigy2 ZS
...Here's the big laugher!!!
GeForce2MX (Custom Edited BIOS though...for permanent overclocking)

But, laugh if you will--I get a constant 76 FPS
because I locked it there with com_maxfps
1024x768, 32bit textures, 16bit color...

Maybe you changed a variable somewhere along the line? Try this:
Copy your q3config.cfg file from your q3ut3 directory to a safe place... Then start quake3:urt
type /cvar_restart
Load up your favorite map on YOUR PC.
If you're still getting the bug, then sorry...
If you're not... Try connecting to a server with a trusted connection... If you get any lag--you might be suffering from temporary packetloss due to so many variables I'm not going to start the list.

I hope this will solve the issue... By the way...
DONT REMOVE YOUR CONFIGURATION FILE FROM /Q3UT3... If you do, say byebye to binds.
If doing /cvar_restart did not work, copy your config file back to its directory.

#13 User is offline   Garrote (old) Icon

Posted 18 May 2004 - 03:15 PM

I've been plagued with this bug for some time now. I've tried just about everything except putting pb_sleep to 20. I use to leave it to its default setting but lately I've been setting it to 500 (wrong way I guess). I've turned down all the graphics settings and set my maxfps to 75 from 200. Even at 75 it drops to the 30s or so. I don't get this problem in Quake III, Battlefield, SOF II, HALO or any other game that I've played. Even though they say this isn't a "SID" problem I hope it goes away when the change to ET is out. I have noticed that Norton anti-virus does cause a problem but I still get the FPS drop when it is disabled. System resources are not a problem. I do have Linux running on another box, I'll try UT on that and see if the problem still exists for me.

I have:
Intel D850EMV2 mobo
512 RDRAM PC 1066 (Kingston)
SB Audigy Xgamer 5.1
XP Pro
KoolMaxx Cooling System
GeForce 5950 Ultra 256mb (BFG Asslyum)
Upgraded from ATI 9700 Pro 128mb.
Same problems for both cards.
Enermax 431 Power Supply
Intel Pro 1000 MT Gigabit Adapter

My connection is 17224/17200 kbps(FTTH)

#14 Guest_tuxq

Posted 18 May 2004 - 03:21 PM

This one is the most simple...
You may have tried this... Or maybe not... I can't read minds.
C:PathtoQuake3.exe +set fs_game q3ut3 +set com_hunkmegs 192

i.e.,
C:Program FilesQuake III Arenaquake3.exe +set fs_game q3ut3 +set com_hunkmegs 192

or Linux:
quake3 +set fs_game q3ut3 +set com_hunkmegs 192

Reason I'd put the com_hunkmegs in command line is because otherwise you'd have to restart q3 -- latching sucks.

Also, in your BIOS, find AGP Apeture size...
I'd recommend a minimum of 64MBytes

For those who do not know what the AGP Apeture size is ... It is how much of your RAM is dedicated to the AGP Bus (Video Card) incase VRAM runs low...Which it probably will.

#15 User is offline   Garrote (old) Icon

Posted 18 May 2004 - 04:50 PM

AGP in BIOS is set to 128 or 256, can't remember which off hand. I set com_hunkmegs to 256 although I have not added it to the command line.

Thanks

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   War Spaghetti (old) Icon

• LocationPennyvania

Posted 20 May 2004 - 06:02 AM

27 i just have this one question, Why is it that the bug hasnt even showed up for me until 3.6? I've been playing UrT on this comp, which is fairly new, since about 3.1 and havnt had any fps issues at all. I just wanna know if I am doing something wrong with this release before i uninstall because urban terror is still my favorite game, but it's so damn bad i can't play no less move around during gameplay.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942