• +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

SPAS - Insane knockback?

#51 User is offline   PsyCh0m4n1aC (old) Icon

• LocationQrwa - Village in Uganda

Posted 21 June 2007 - 08:06 PM

well i thought it may be LR users mostly opposed to it so why not use both.

like i say , visit any european sv, many players use lr&spas.

#52 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 21 June 2007 - 09:03 PM

why not :-) :lol:

#53 User is offline   dborg (old) Icon

• LocationGermany

Posted 21 June 2007 - 09:26 PM

Sure why not, that's not the issue really. Though lots of LR players don't pick a Spas anymore, I believe that's because many of the items have become very important. There is also the lasersight which is almost a must for any accuracy-conscious auto player, taking up another slot. So if you either want to take a helmet or need a medipak/grenades for teamplay, the Spas is not much of an option. Add to this that auto players already have a good close range weapon and it's difficult to justify.

SR8/Spas owns every distance though, which means that snipers do NOT have a close range vulnerability anymore (quite the opposite) and that can be highly unnerving.  Automatics are still more reliable and versatile, which is why you still need lots of them in teamplay. I also think that an automatic's strength is more cumulative.

<rant>I tend to get annoyed by people saying that automatics are newbie weapons, when they use SR8 and Spas themselves. If every "leet" player would use the SR8, there would be no decent clans left. Owning on publics is not everything, for most it's just practice.</rant>

#54 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

Posted 21 June 2007 - 09:33 PM

<rant>I tend to get annoyed by people saying that automatics are newbie weapons, when they use SR8 and Spas themselves.

nah, sr8 is the noob item :-D

#55 User is offline   RahX (old) Icon

• LocationPaducah KY

Posted 22 June 2007 - 01:26 AM

So if you either want to take a helmet or need a medipak/grenades for teamplay, the Spas is not much of an option.

I don't agree with that. I generally play with M4/spas/medkit. Works great for medding IMO.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#56 User is offline   dborg (old) Icon

• LocationGermany

Posted 22 June 2007 - 07:57 PM

"for any accuracy-conscious auto player" :)

There are some roles in which it is worth it to trade a lasersight for a Spas, but usually it's better in BM to have one excellent weapon than two slightly less excellent weapons. I'd still use a Spas if that wouldn't be the case, since I think it's more fun with a secondary.

#57 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

Posted 22 June 2007 - 08:02 PM

laser is like caviare when you starve.

:-D

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942