• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3rd party maps Rate Topic: -----

#81 User is offline   bierla Icon

• Account: bierla

Posted 08 October 2007 - 12:21 AM

i think this is stupid... again from the dev team...

its a free game so whatever let them map and play the maps, if the original author makes a better one it automatical gets played

all this "much smoke around nothing"

be happy someone is ripping of maps, better than nobody plays the mod anymore after so many main decision errors by devs

greetz, and get the stick out of ya asses

#82 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 08 October 2007 - 12:53 AM

i think they try to create a better atmosphere, not trying to deny people playing them. to make more people play them it may be helpful not to have a mess. it's a mess having scattered files around probably released wrongly and with bugs and without the slightest support.

personally, i found the dark maps hard to play. e.g. white skin in village, exactly same color with the floor.

#83 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 08 October 2007 - 01:16 AM

be happy someone is ripping of maps, better than nobody plays the mod anymore after so many main decision errors by devs

:roll: ye, cause the reason there's still people playing this mod is those 6 badly done re-compiles... :roll:

Worst decision error the dev team made was to give certain ungrateful asshats (only a small percentage of the community) another version to whine about.

#84 User is offline   AKGRIZZLY (old) Icon

• LocationAlaska

Posted 08 October 2007 - 03:17 AM

:roll: ye, cause the reason there's still people playing this mod is those 6 badly done re-compiles... :roll:

Heh, put that better than me, I had to delete mine. 

#85 User is offline   AKKODIAK (old) Icon

Posted 08 October 2007 - 03:25 AM

i think this is stupid... again from the dev team...

its a free game so whatever let them map and play the maps, if the original author makes a better one it automatical gets played

all this "much smoke around nothing"

greetz, and get the stick out of ya asses

All this "smoke around nothing" is because a few asshats think it is ok to violate copyright law. Trust me, the map I am working on, if it gets well played but I decide NOT to update it and someone else does, they WILL receive a notarized statement ordering them to cease and decist and if they choose not to, well that's one thing lawyers ARE good for.

"Well it gets played" is nothing more than someone trying to justify copyright violations.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#86 User is offline   bierla Icon

• Account: bierla

Posted 08 October 2007 - 11:55 AM

heh, i dont said it only get played cuz these crappy maps are arround.

but ehh. look at the unreal community, anyone can open and edit maps. nobody care about cuz its a GAME for having FUN if u guys heard about :)

i would understand it if someone loose money due it...

++

#87 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 08 October 2007 - 12:52 PM

but really, some stop playing a game if it's not slickly presented without bugged shady maps floating around the interwebs. it's a way of doing it, not the only one but a way. e.g. the open source community is the other side, open everything to anything, it works, but in another way. it's like having a gift wrapped nicely and prepared carefully versus someone giving you the tools to make a gift. it's a matter of character what to prefer or mood at the time.

#88 User is offline   AKGRIZZLY (old) Icon

• LocationAlaska

Posted 08 October 2007 - 08:05 PM

It's the principle of the matter that counts, copy write law I don't think is really relevant.  Maps are released with guidelines for their use, have a little respect for that.  It's not asking much.

#90 User is offline   M@n!c (old) Icon

Posted 10 October 2007 - 07:26 AM

Exactly, it's respecting other people's work and their wishes. It is especially annoying when the original mapper is actively working on a map, for example Eagle.

Yeah and then someone else comes along and decides they're gonna do it for you. WTF!! :roll: IDIOTS

If a person cant be creative enough to come up with their own ideas then they shouldn't be making maps. DON'T STEAL OTHER PEOPLES IDEAS folks!

• (25 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942