• +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

SPAS - Insane knockback?

#1 User is offline   PsyCh0m4n1aC (old) Icon

• LocationQrwa - Village in Uganda

Posted 03 June 2007 - 10:34 AM

Many QA members, also great players mentioned it before in thread: "Models/spas/teamsurvivor"

As for the Spas, I totally agree, reduce it's speed a bit and maybe reduce knockback of who gets hit? It's virtually impossible to fight back now. At short range you should have no chance, but at medium range you should be at least able to aim decently.

[...]
Also rushing a bunch of guys that spases like it was the wild west and kills u even thu it required almost 0 aim is frustrating. So i cant really blame people that wanna sit in their corner and try to shoot someone in the back cuse then u dont only survive...the other guy dies before he can shoot back, in 3.7 u could turn around and kill the other guy if u were alot better then him,thats barly possible in 4.0.
[...]

Hmm, smeriously, I always felt that mp5k/spas was almost equal(never thought ump was good tbh), but now in 4.0, spas wins atleast 80% of the deuls vs mp5ks(and am not including the ultra long distances where players have a chanse to reload their primary weapons or use their sr8). And now in 4.0 90 % of the sr8ors in the community uses spas as sidearm... like 100 % when u play on a high level.. Make the spas slower plz, and ya the models, too ez to hit now :P make em abit smaller plz..

and others, said more or less about spas, which turned the urban terror into spas terror, especialy on public servers, where u get raped by team of spaming "spasers". The knockback you get when hit, makes it though, sometimes nearly imposible to counter-attack. I know spas should be perfect in close combat, but how can u explain fact that one can get hit for 5 percent from 20m and gets the same knockback as for 5m? or am I wrong?

There was no response in this matter in the last topic, only comments about model size, so please state if this maddnes is temporary or is it going to stay like that. ;o

#2 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 03 June 2007 - 10:41 AM

Sorry for being the 1st reply, but:

For 4.1 the spas will be adjusted. How exactly is not yet decided upon. The knockback is one of the things that's being considered, together with damage, spread, rof.

#3 User is offline   PsyCh0m4n1aC (old) Icon

Posted 03 June 2007 - 11:11 AM

Sorry for being the 1st reply, but:

For 4.1 the spas will be adjusted. How exactly is not yet decided upon. The knockback is one of the things that's being considered, together with damage, spread, rof.

Good to hear that so fast :)

#4 User is offline   PsyCh0m4n1aC (old) Icon

Posted 05 June 2007 - 02:30 PM

-link removed-

A point can be made without insulting people.

all you ppl who say spas is balanced - lmao

#5 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 05 June 2007 - 03:04 PM

Is that a rant against +SG+ or only v4 and oswald? :P

Btw, spas is nothing. Wait till everyone realizes how dominating negev+silencer is in CTF, that thing is a hack!

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   PsyCh0m4n1aC (old) Icon

Posted 05 June 2007 - 03:54 PM

-link removed-

A point can be made without insulting people.

all you ppl who say spas is balanced - lmao

Ididnt watch the whole video... with that retarded text on the end.

My apologise, I found it on irc and used.

#7 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

Posted 05 June 2007 - 03:57 PM

oh :-D

#8 User is offline   MerkyMerc Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: merkymerc

Posted 06 June 2007 - 08:41 PM

The spas is perfect I think.. I've seen real life situations where people can shoot even quicker with a shotty. As for the knock back, I have not noticed it being too much. The SPAS does what it's supposed to: Up close it will dominate. I've fought of some SPAS (decent/very good players) with the other secondaries and came out the victor. It comes down to skill IMO. It is terrible at medium/long range unless you already wounded the enemy with something else greatly. What do you want different (not aimed to the guy who started this thread, but to all who want spas changed)? You can't expect to just get blasted with a belly full of spreadshot and have it barely budge you.

#9 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

Posted 06 June 2007 - 09:17 PM

The SPAS does what it's supposed to: Up close it will dominate.

Well, the only problem I see myself with it, is that it doesn't do that. It can easily give 40 and 50 percent shots from quite far. Ok, usually they get to be 20 percent, but give a couple of those to a few wounded ones, they are easily lethal.

It looks good, if it didn't do those long range ones.

#10 User is offline   Homie Icon

• Account: homie
  • Main tag: ]$[

Posted 06 June 2007 - 10:43 PM

agreed with Rob there 8-)

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942