Urban Terror Forums: Are 3rd party mappers going to be relied on more bc of no more releases past 4.1 - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Are 3rd party mappers going to be relied on more bc of no more releases past 4.1

#21 User is offline   Nexu Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: nexu
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 13 July 2007 - 03:07 AM

Here's a link to A Wily Duck's mapping kit: http://www.forums.ur...pic,8244.0.html

Already have it the day i found UrT ... which was not so long ago but oh well  :roll:

#22 User is offline   Logan6 (old) Icon

Posted 17 July 2007 - 07:14 AM

Well i'm definitely wanting to make a map for 4.x with the intention for competition play   :lol:

Great.  Port Docks.  :-D

#23 User is offline   Shminkyboy Icon

•   former FS member   
    Mapper
  • Account: shminkyboy

Posted 18 July 2007 - 05:58 AM

...or keep working on that new map idea =)

It just might be the next paradise/laneway/subway/superman/[insert cool 3rd party map that "made it" here].

Personally I'd rather see one of you guys come up with a cool new map instead of a port of something someone else made. They (meaning the mappers who made the above listed maps) didn't go port an old map.. They had the cojones to go try something new... And you should too =)

#24 User is offline   Homie Icon

• Account: homie
  • Main tag: ]$[

Posted 18 July 2007 - 10:25 AM

[me=Homie]throws down his gauntlet[/me]

well heres a call to all the 3rd party mappers out there. there is a great little map that we used to run on Spamrock during 3.7 called Iran

Afaik its author/creditless (ofc unless anyone knows otherwise), theres no loading screen with Iran by xxxxx on it, inside the .pk3 theres no .txt readme or anything that i can see

This is a great pub, high speed map. It has its problems, but basically the map is sound. For 4.0 it needs the lighting redone, and made abit larger due to the increased speed/distance that can be travelled in 4.0 over previous betas.

This map WILL be put into Spamrocks rotation if someone decides to take it on. Ofc it could be 'fixed' with the lighting sorted, but it would be nice if the say the ground was made abit more 'organic' and the textures/lighting updated, models/buildings resized/moved/removed. But the basis of the map and the 'general' layout is sound. u can lob a gren nearly from one side to another (another reason it needs to be made awee bit bigger), you can hop about till ur heart gives up thanks to walls everywhere. A decent mapper could really make this a good PUB map. I doubt it would make a good war map, but you never know. 8-)

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942