• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

.gw|Brains did he cheat or not?

#1 User is offline   noireau (old) Icon

Posted 27 June 2007 - 08:52 PM

yes.. for all people who dont know who I am.. I'm Officer Rambo, coleader of clan gw.
and yea.. perhaps you saw me and CraZy in some servers. We picked up some of the best players and built a new clan called Global Warriors. And yesterday, we took a new trialmember called brains. He and his buddy played as fun vs. x-it and an other guy of tlog.
And brains owned them. Today, when I joined a pubserver, all people said " Is this the cheater clan GW?" and yea.. we asked why they say us cheater and they told us that brains played yesterday vs. tlog and cheated. They said, that they've got a demo. Me and CraZy suspended brains from gw. One member left us because of he said that we're a cheaterclan.. now.. brains send us his demo..
and I watched it.. CraZy watched it. all members of us and some of batt watched it too...
tiffle says, he's a cheater.
CraZy, Synecure say, he's skilled.
Riche left us, because of brains
I dont know, what I should do
and I want to ask you, does he cheat or not? I hope a progamer can tell me the truth
http://huesy.pytalho...&id=18&Itemid=1
(srry that I cant give a direct link, but my host doesnt like it when some people from other websites load 4MB directly, they think that I make filehosting than)
thx!

#2 User is offline   lutha (old) Icon

• LocationHattiesburg, MS

Posted 27 June 2007 - 10:43 PM

erm ....why do you think he was hacking?....def not an aimbot.....if he wallhacks he plays it off to the point it wasnt doing him anygood....just looks like a medium skilled player imho

#3 User is offline   noireau (old) Icon

Posted 27 June 2007 - 10:51 PM

y.. aimbot of course not.. and I never tought about brain that he cheats till the guys from tlog and batt said it to me..

lol.. I dont know how it is in PB servers, but in battleye he's one of the most skilled.. srry but.. gw has only high skilled members :D

#4 User is offline   dborg (old) Icon

• LocationGermany

Posted 28 June 2007 - 12:10 AM

No aimbot there, no wallhack either apparently (heck, he should buy a decent set of headphones), so what is he supposed to be cheating with? I only watched Casa though, that was long already.

He plays very dynamically and definitely knows what he's doing, but his technique is still lacking. Against really good opponents, he couldn't have raged that easily. Especially his aim is too unstable, although he twitches very well (possibly a high sensitivity player).

If anyone claims he's cheating they have to prove it, not the other way around. Otherwise I'd just file it away under "sore losers". Pity someone left your team because of this, but he probably wasn't very close to you in that case anyway. Of course you should still make sure that you can perfectly trust your players and playing some games on PB enabled server (if possible) would probably not be a bad idea. But again, I see no indication at all that there is anything fishy with brain.

#5 User is offline   Ann Core (old) Icon

Posted 28 June 2007 - 02:36 AM

Definitely nothing on the demo to prove he cheats.

Like dborg said, he can't hear much. I heard more.

I didn't watch it in r_shownormals 1 but it really doesn't look like he sees anything. He would have otherwise seen some of those TLOG guys coming a lot better tbh.

As for his movement, he knows how to move fast. He definitely has high sensitivity which explains his sharp movements, but there was no snapping in his aim.

At a given moment his mate was doing as well as him. Even better...nobody called him a cheat.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   don Icon

• Account: don
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 28 June 2007 - 06:32 AM

No aimbot. No wallhack either, or headphones it seems.

He's pretty inconsistent in aim (I watched to round 7). It looks like he's not used to high sensitivity since his aim is pretty shaky sometimes and he sometimes turns too much in jumping. He also completely misses a few times during the first few rounds. He's a decent player, though, and playing against opponents who are clearly worse than him will make him seem even more skilled.

#7 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 28 June 2007 - 11:18 AM

those saying his 'technique lacks', let's see your demos.

#8 User is offline   PatientZero (old) Icon

Posted 28 June 2007 - 12:29 PM

I watched Casa for a while, and at first my reaction was "whatever, no cheating." As others said, he missed a lot of critical sounds that were damn obvious. But then there were two especially illustrative moments. I watched without r_shownormals, and two things intrigued me.

1. At one point he pulls the pin on a grenade -- having no clue where the last blue guy was (hadn't shown up at all, hadn't fired at them, no sounds) -- and waits. Then he tosses it towards the small bridge near the red-flag and aims right at the edge of the wall near the doorway to the fountain area. Just as the blue guy flys past jumping, he shoots a few rounds. There was no way to have heard the guy from that distance (almost all the way to alley timbers).

He did a similar thing without the grenade as well, but it wasn't as obvious.

2. Coming from blue spawn, passed fountain, turned right to go across bridge toward market. Just before getting to the bridge, he aims at the lower walkway where red team would come from had they spawned normally. And then he fires a few rounds early and hits into the fake double-doors. WAY too early for his movement speed . . . but as he passes the corner you can see he's aimed up perfectly for the blue guy that is there and would have hit him had the wall not interfered. It looked a lot like he couldn't see the wall.

Anyway, I stopped watching there as I'm not involved. I'd say this only looks suspicious. In hindsight, it almost looks like he's trying to act like he doesn't have a wallhack (aiming around at places that clearly and enemy wouldn't be). However, he does have the laser sight, and appears to be smart about not shining it on walls to give away his position -- or he could just be confused about where the walls are. Hard to tell, that's all I can say. But a few times it looked very fishy.

And jesus, get this guy some headphones! (or again pretending to be not wallhacking by ignoring obvious sounds)

#9 User is offline   dborg (old) Icon

• LocationGermany

Posted 28 June 2007 - 01:34 PM

PatientZero, I watched both those situations with r_shownormals 1 since they caught my attention as well. In the first case, the opponent didn't even show up until he throws the grenades. So since he's not in vis range, AFAIK a wallhack wouldn't have shown the opponent either. It most likely was just lucky guesswork.

In the second case, he is nowhere near the opponent when he actually fires against the wall. It may look like he's perfectly aimed at the opponent once he gets in sight, but he simply keeps his crosshair near the wall while cornering, that's absolutely normal.

#10 User is offline   PatientZero (old) Icon

Posted 28 June 2007 - 05:24 PM

Yeah the grande one was funny. At first he seemed to just do the usual "hey I got a grenade let me throw it" thing and got lucky that the guy came through there just after he threw it. It was the way the guy appeared just as the nade went off (again luck) and that Brains fired exactly when the guy appeared -- very good reflexes -- and there was little chance to get the guy, but he did. I've had lucky breaks like that myself, so I can relate.

As for the second one (shooting the wall) there were a couple other times he seemed to spaz out and shoot a wall as he jerked to one side or the other. True, his sensitivity is jacked up and it didn't look like he had an aimbot, but why does he shoot like that? I mean, I've done that once or twice, but he seemed to do it quite a few times in just the couple minutes I watched. Too much Mtn Dew! :D

BTW, when I'm watching a demo, any key I hit stops it. To enable r_shownormals, do I just enter

/r_shownormals 1

in the console and then start the demo? Anything else I need to enable? I'm curious just how insane it looks.

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942