Posted 09 August 2008 - 05:02 PM

Playback of the demo or the AVI?

The .avi

#62 User is offline   Nexu Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: nexu
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 09 August 2008 - 05:32 PM

Try to send me like a 2 second fragment (mjpeg compressed or otherwise) of what you mean with white noise.

Excellent script, btw, Nexu. My only issue is whenever I try to record a demo, I either play terribly or can only find noobs to play with. Not too exciting.

You could always ask other people for demos with good frag actions on it. :)
Hell, you might even catch up on a few tricks you didn't know about yet ;)

#63 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 09 August 2008 - 05:55 PM

I've heard of brown noise :) Not so cool.

#64 User is offline   Nexu Icon

•   clan leader   

Posted 09 August 2008 - 06:27 PM

It's a myth ... busted!

#65 User is offline   CheezeyWeezey (old) Icon

Posted 09 August 2008 - 06:45 PM

Try to send me like a 2 second fragment (mjpeg compressed or otherwise) of what you mean with white noise.

Um, I'm not quite sure how to do that, and don't exactly have the time for it at this moment (sorry!).  It's the type of white noise that you hear when your TV is static.  That shhhhhhhhh sound.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#66 User is offline   don Icon

• Account: don
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 11 September 2008 - 05:37 AM

Yeah there is no need to use FRAPS. ioUrbanTerror can record both video (not limited to any fps or resolution) and can record audio.
The advantage of using ioUrbanTerror to capture avi is that non of the frames will be skipped that is generated by the engine. During the capture it might looks slow, but the avi will have all the frames written to. Unlike FRAPS, which needs a fast system to be able to achieve the same and at the same time has limitation in resolutions and fps in capture.

e.g.: for decent quality motion blur, you need to be able to capture at minimal 250 fps. Something FRAPS cannot do.

But the thing with capturing with ioUrbanTerror is, the avi generated is not really so much ment for the average playback joe. The avi generated by ioUrbanTerror is either uncompressed (huge file) or compressed with MJPEG (still kinda big). To make the playback smoother, it's best to compress them to divx/xvid or some mpeg4 compression format (x264 or QuickTime) if you wish them watch them.

That's interesting. So FRAPS is best for capturing normal footage, but the ingame recorder is best for ridiculously high FPS footage. Glad I read this thread.:P

I have a question about x264. How do I get it as an output option with Sony Vegas? I have the x264.exe file, but obviously it's not going to show up in Vegas unless I find out how to "install" it. So how do I do that?

#67 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 11 September 2008 - 06:27 AM

No, ioUrbanTerror capture is better anyway, since it never drops frames/pieces of sound etc., even for normal fps.

#68 User is offline   2.f4 Icon

• Account: 2f4

Posted 11 September 2008 - 08:53 AM

I have a question about x264. How do I get it as an output option with Sony Vegas? I have the x264.exe file, but obviously it's not going to show up in Vegas unless I find out how to "install" it. So how do I do that?

imo best way its render as uncompressed in Vegas (choosing resolution/fps/progressive scan), and then compress this big file using other program.
(i use one from http://fixounet.free...e.fr/avidemux/  its very easy, comparing to MeGui used by Nexu and dont need auto-update/Avisynth etc.)

#69 User is offline   2.f4 Icon

• Account: 2f4

Posted 11 September 2008 - 09:41 AM

e.g.: for decent quality motion blur, you need to be able to capture at minimal 250 fps.

I overlooked another important thing about resample, this could fix some minor errors in my vids :/
anyway 2GB for 3sec. its can be a bit problematic

#70 User is offline   Nexu Icon

•   clan leader   

Posted 11 September 2008 - 04:32 PM

I overlooked another important thing about resample, this could fix some minor errors in my vids :/
anyway 2GB for 3sec. its can be a bit problematic

Use codecs like huffyuv or lagarith to reduce the file size if you do not want to use lossy compression.
But at capturing, you could use MJPEG in ioUrbanTerror and at post processing bump up the quality artificially with a light sharpen filter (and i mean really light).

And yeah .. i forgot to mention you do need to resample them if you capture at high fps for motionblur. But now after some more experimenting .. i would say the minimum fps capture for motionblur should be 500fps.

• (19 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942