Urban Terror Forums: Start Mapping With Urban Terror Map Maker - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (12 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Start Mapping With Urban Terror Map Maker Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#51 User is offline   Wily Duck Icon

•   mapper   
  • Account: wilyduck

Posted 16 December 2008 - 06:57 AM

I have good news and bad news. Good news, I plan on creating another release of the mapmaker. Bad news, that time is not right now when you need it. I'll edit this post later with helpful info ... I'm not able to get to my main dev machine for a bit.

For now, go back and step through the process. Each directory should make a little sense just based on the descriptions. Also, I found that you may have to uncheck "read only" in folder properties with some installs, so your data actually writes.

#52 User is offline   Wolfgang (old) Icon

Posted 16 December 2008 - 09:33 PM

I think I may have something.  In that last file, "q3ut4_default.proj" it asks for the basepaths for UT and Quake 3.  I've just been giving it the install directories.

#53 User is offline   Wolfgang (old) Icon

Posted 19 December 2008 - 11:51 PM

Still doesn't work.  I tried again and changed all the directories to UT directories, but nada.  Could you make some kind of EXE that does it automatically because this makes no sense to me.

#54 User is offline   MakiTo (old) Icon

Posted 12 January 2009 - 12:51 PM

Hi! Is there any way to add waypoints in a custom map in order to play with bots? Because I think that UT crash whenever you try to add bots in a "waypoint-less" map, am I right?

#55 User is offline   H3NRY Icon

• Account: h3nry
  • Main tag: .um

Posted 12 January 2009 - 01:02 PM

i dont know why bots crash URT but i know that bots are not supported at the moment ( they say it is on the list of things to do tho)
in the mapping program (GKTradient) there is not a way to set waypoints nor is there a way to set them ingame with a command( i have seen it done with other games tho)

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#56 User is offline   MakiTo (old) Icon

Posted 12 January 2009 - 01:52 PM

Damn... Maybe with an older version? I mean, somehow they were introduced when they were supported by the game.

#57 User is offline   H3NRY Icon

Posted 12 January 2009 - 02:04 PM

i am going to do some searching, you should make a thread to house my results( i will find it dont worry about telling me the name of it)

for the content just put that you are waiting for my results

oh yeah almost forgot.. playing with an older version of URT would require Quake 3 but there would be the bots and they would work BUT then you will not have any servers to play online and if there are they will most likely be empty :)
but you can always have both old and new installed and play bots on old but online games on the new version

strike that... Q3 and Urt dont use waypoints at all.. they only use pre-processing ( called bsptoaas)  by the way all you guys that know this already i thought bsptoaas was making waypoints, in actuallity it is actually making a map of the walkable surfaces) that makes a file for the bots to determine "walkability". however there are things in gtkradient that draws the bots toward it they cannot be concidered waypoints

now do you see why i said to make a new thread?... not nessicary any more.. im done haha

This post has been edited by H3NRY: 14 November 2011 - 10:08 AM

#58 User is offline   MakiTo (old) Icon

Posted 13 January 2009 - 12:26 PM

Wow, that's quite a reply! Thanks a lot  :lol:

#59 User is offline   H3NRY Icon

Posted 13 January 2009 - 12:54 PM

lol.. no prob.. had to figure it out for my self anyways

#60 User is offline   Eettuu (old) Icon

Posted 17 January 2009 - 03:28 PM

The best help to be found (afaik) is posted in this topic already. What exactly are you looking for?

Make a vid about how to install and run etc..?

• (12 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942