• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Any PHP/Perl programmers out there? Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   Aarsbuds0r (old) Icon

• LocationNetherlands, The

Posted 17 June 2004 - 02:00 AM

Illo, your avatar is a bit confusing. Every post you make I read extra carefull, cuz I think its a SID-member posting =P Then again, its not realy a problem, cuz your posts usually make sens too =0

#22 User is offline   HoboHumpinSlut (old) Icon

Posted 17 June 2004 - 03:19 AM

if i had to vote for the number 1 inofficial SID member it would be illo anyway

/me back to polishing apples

#23 Guest_i_saved_guiddb

Posted 17 June 2004 - 04:36 AM

Basilisk not only took the source code of the master server with him (according to 27 i think) but he also "took" the forums with him...not only once. Bas i just a major asshat and was booted from SID.

Bas left all code behind with Oswald. I know this for a fact because he told me so. He also left SID on his own, he was not "booted" as your ignorant arse might speculate. Euros are disgusting.

#24 User is offline   illogical Icon

•   verified user   
    Retired Master Server Administrator
  • Account: illogical
  • Main tag: 6th|

Posted 17 June 2004 - 07:21 AM

I can only say this: It does not matter if he left the code, it does not matter if he left on his own. What was was, what is is, and what will be will be.

Fact is, I've written my own. And whether or not you approve of that is not my concern. I only ask that you keep your less than appropriate comments to yourself.

#25 Guest_i_saved_guiddb

Posted 17 June 2004 - 02:11 PM

Very defensive young man you are, Illogical.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#26 User is offline   illogical Icon

•   verified user   

Posted 17 June 2004 - 10:05 AM

Thank you.

#27 User is offline   HoboHumpinSlut (old) Icon

Posted 17 June 2004 - 04:25 PM

and even if Bas would have left the code to SID (which i still dont believe until Os tells otherwise) they prolly wouldnt have given it out. it took rather long to get SID to point the DNS entry to illos host.

#28 User is offline   Tr!8E³ (old) Icon

• LocationMallorca, Spain

Posted 18 June 2004 - 06:07 PM

Wow nice link u got in ur sig Hobo, that explains so many things :shock:

And about "reinventing the wheel", well, i'm myself a coder (noob coder but coder at the end :> ) and i that if Illogical finds this stuff good for increasing his knowledge and coding skills then it's something to be proud of it.

Anyway, if SID would have the code and would like to show it to illogical maybe he would have most of the stuff done and could implement new features, since he is doing this for free and in his free time.

Excuse my english and cya.

#29 User is offline   illogical Icon

•   verified user   

Posted 18 June 2004 - 02:06 PM

[quote name='"Tr!8E³"]And about "reinventing the wheel"' date=' well, i'm myself a coder (noob coder but coder at the end :> ) and i that if Illogical finds this stuff good for increasing his knowledge and coding skills then it's something to be proud of it.[/quote']

I've actually been messing with this master server stuff ever since Iain's master was in place, and that would be before BASiLiSK's. What I'm doing currently is expanding upon the basic master, building a base for a browser. All this is, to learn; and learning I am.

[quote="Tr!8E³"]Anyway, if SID would have the code and would like to show it to illogical maybe he would have most of the stuff done and could implement new features, since he is doing this for free and in his free time.

Excuse my english and cya.[/quote]

The code BASiLiSK wrote is all .NET, so that would mean trying to decipher the exists code, and port it to Perl, and then make it work in the context of my existing code. Like it sounds, this is far more work that just writing the code myself.

And yeah, I am doing this in my free time and without monetary compensation. I must say though, so far it has been a very rewarding experience. The knowledge I've gained alone, that is worth so much more than money ever could be.

No need to apologize for your English, I can read it just fine.

#30 User is offline   meth (old) Icon

Posted 20 June 2004 - 02:31 AM

I can help with the frontend :)

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942