Advertisement
  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Seeing through doors and walls???

#1 Guest_99

Posted 19 May 2004 - 01:46 PM

Last night on the "Poop Clan 3.6 CTF Server", there were several people that said they could see through the walls, and doors. Also I noticed from doing an /rcon status, there was several players using a rate of 3000. I can not understand why Punk Buster did not kick them for using a rate under 10,000. Before the patch release Punk Buster never allowed a rate lower than 10,000 or it would kick. The players that saw through the walls and doors were not the players usuing the low rate.

Could this be a bug or something wrong with these guys video?

Is there a problem with Punk Buster and 3.6?

Something funny also, Now all you guys can get a small example of what it feels like to be old. Just get in a game go somewhere on the map where no-one is shooting you. Hit the crouch key and release it. the stamina you lose is like and old person. lol Its hard for us to stand back up when we squat. haha

COME PLAY.

#2 User is offline   Nixon (old) Icon

• LocationMaryland

Posted 19 May 2004 - 03:03 PM

It's possible that Poop server does not have the pb cvar for rate or they changed it to allow rates lower than 6000. It's all up to the server admins what they allow on their server, not SID.

#3 User is offline   Aarsbuds0r (old) Icon

• LocationNetherlands, The

Posted 19 May 2004 - 03:57 PM

About seeing through stuff, maybe they have some missing PK3's.... Like maybe they forgot 3.5 or something.

#4 User is offline   FragginNewby (old) Icon

• LocationKilladelphia, PA

Posted 19 May 2004 - 06:00 PM

maybe they are running a couple programs that many know cause glitches and allow you to see through walls... I'm not going to mention them here, but many know of their existence. And those that intentionally use them are jerks :evil:

#5 User is offline   Aarsbuds0r (old) Icon

Posted 19 May 2004 - 06:05 PM

MSN + ATI anyone?

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   EnDYmiON Icon

• Account: endymion

Posted 19 May 2004 - 06:42 PM

Fresh install of U|T = rate of 3000 :wink: At least it was for me... :cry:

#7 Guest_PunisherFrosty

Posted 19 May 2004 - 07:27 PM

its possible that they have a damaged pk3 file some one in ts said something the day 3.5 came out about seeing through walls so it could just be a pk3 problem. he did fix it by the way by reinstalling the latest patch .

#8 User is offline   Aarsbuds0r (old) Icon

Posted 19 May 2004 - 08:10 PM

Ye, it was prolly a corrupt download or whatever.

#9 Guest_Chaco Taco|poop

Posted 20 May 2004 - 05:28 AM

Alright guys, I've been playing since 2.4. I just got a new computer however so i had to redownload 3.4 urt, and then 3.5, and now 3.6. The first or second 3.6 game that i played however had some unexpected consequences.
I'm the first to admit i'm a noob visionholic. I love it just because of the edge it can give you. But on the Village map something strange happened. I was running after someone on the other team and jumped on to the boxes in the middle of the road... except that i hung for a sec and then fell inside of them. WTF? Then to see what the hell was happening i ran back and forth through them, wth? I was like omg! I thought noclip had spontaneously kicked in... Nope... pb was running, cheats weren't enabled... And once i got out of the boxes i could no longer see them, i saw straight through them, like the code/texture for the boxes was invalid and didn't exsist, so i ran across the map thinking this might be a one time thing... only, i ran right through a van... i mean just through it, i noticed everytime i ran through something there would be a minor hang, like a hiccup, extremely quick, not enough to make you lose a firefight. And my newb vision could see through a lot of objects it shouldn't then. To complete this, i restarted and the map changed and it didn't happen again and hasn't yet happened again, but last night mudryder was playin on sanc, and he was seeing through objects he shouldn't have been able to, we proved this because he knew when people were jumping walls before neone else, and could see when people were coming and his team would litterally be waiting around the corner for the unwitting person. I listened to him talking about how he could see through walls and boxes and stuff... like the box the flag sat on was invisible to him... same thing basically that happened to me, what is going on i wonder. Don't dismiss this as cracksmokery. I wanna know when mud and I became uber HaXoRs and y? C'mon Oswald/twenty seven, whats up with this sh*t?

#10 User is offline   Kamisama (old) Icon

Posted 20 May 2004 - 07:24 AM

I have gotten the invisible doors bug too, it was specific to the server though and after i jumped to another one it disappeared.

Even worse than that though is the 'not dead yet' bug, where you will be killed and still be playing (to no effect) for up to a minute, before the server notices and respawns ya. Really annoying that... It appears to be linked to lag caused by our old friend PB.

Other than that I have to say this is the best release ever. Standard complaints about weapon ballance (LR too powerfull, G36 is wimpy, UMP is too accurate, blah ,blah blah..) I love the walljump feature and the I don't see what the difference is with the SR8 (not that I can aim anyhoots).

Can't wait to see the new UT coming soon! Definately time to move the code to something more modern!

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942