• +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

The new little penalty Scope ring

#1 User is offline   SiR (old) Icon

• LocationManchester UK

Posted 20 May 2004 - 05:53 PM

The new penalty display ring on the Sr8 scope is excellent, very usefull and fine enough to not abscure yer view.

Could we have the same ring available on all other weaps please?? Yes I know that there is a crosshair that shows spread, but it's crap as a crosshair goes, it's just no go for aiming with.

It's not just noobs that would benefit, most players can get a bit hot under the collor during a good game and it would help them to see that they are 'spamming'.

I personally used to play many hours every day and so could 'feel' all the penalties on all the weapons, any tweeks were soon absorbed and my gameplay corrected for them, but now I only play a few hours a week and don't read these forums very often, so I no longer have a feel for the penalties.... It's made it much more obvious to why many people complain about 'hit detection'

Having the ability to select the same penalty ring as the SR8 has, on any weapon, over any chosen crosshair, would be a great help in controlling the penalties, for the players who don't spend their whole life playin the game. It would prolly also make it more obviouse to the players with no control, that they are missing cos they are shite and might reduce the number of 'hit detection' complaints.

#2 Guest_MajinSlu

Posted 23 May 2004 - 06:52 AM

I'd love to see a crosshair like that. The current spread crosshair (non-SR8) would work better if it didn't have a dot in the middle.

#3 Guest_fpk

Posted 23 May 2004 - 06:58 AM

Since there are a few crosshairs which display your accuracy, how about we change the dot and make it like in SOF2 (mind as well, a lot of features copied from the game thx to os playing it cuz of apoxol :F)

You take the original dot crosshair and as the spraying goes higher, the dot goes fatter so you can notice while keeping maximum visibility of your target

#4 User is offline   kmk (old) Icon

• LocationANYWHERE BUT THE EU

Posted 24 May 2004 - 02:54 PM

how about a bar in one of the margins (maybe vertical, left side) that goes green --> red as you incur more spread. i turned off the scopering about 30 seconds after playing 3.6 for the first time, it's not good to have anything in the center of the screen except for the xhair

#5 User is offline   L3mMinG (old) Icon

Posted 24 May 2004 - 03:59 PM

I noticed cg_scopering 2 puts the ring on the g36 and the psg-1 scopes as well. Basically you're asking for a feature that's already included imo. I'd personally like to see a few more crosshairs that get bigger with the spread, like the circle with dot or even the normal cross with dot.

There's also the little cross with the arrows spreading around it which seems pretty much what you all want.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 Guest_*phleb:ac*

Posted 24 May 2004 - 06:55 PM

sorry, but it totally sucks

sid again did a great job f*cking up the game for some part of the community

#7 User is offline   Aarsbuds0r (old) Icon

• LocationNetherlands, The

Posted 24 May 2004 - 06:59 PM

SID made the game dude.

#8 User is offline   L3mMinG (old) Icon

Posted 24 May 2004 - 07:06 PM

People that totally diss sid for making this kick ass game should either make a better mod altogether (luv to see you lama's try), stfu and play, or get strangled in front of their offspring...

#9 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

• LocationWishin' I was in SoCal

Posted 24 May 2004 - 07:14 PM

well some gamers are never happy, guess he's glad he did not spend money on it...

#10 User is offline   autoaim.cfg (old) Icon

Posted 24 May 2004 - 08:03 PM

I noticed cg_scopering 2 puts the ring on the g36 and the psg-1 scopes as well.

Wow, that was news to me... Great!
Further enhancement of my trusty g36!
Wooooot!

Edit: Oh wow! The spread of the g36 when you are moving is pretty big... and when you are bunnyhopping around it's more or less random. I never imagined that it was that BIG a difference between moving and standing still when you use the g36 also. I think I may have to revise my playing style...

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942