• +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

possible anti-cheat solution Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   hannibal_lagtor (old) Icon

• Locationthe netherlands

Posted 02 October 2007 - 11:47 AM

Even hardware ident will not work, the cheaters will simply put a client between the OS and hardware to report false hardware codes.  Not unlike MAC Address spoofing.

To stop cheating you need a true hardass to visit every players system in person, and if a cheat is found the player gets a free DE-50cal to the head.

i think 90 % of the cheaters play the game 1 day - a few weeks.. it get's boring when you can't improve. Then there's maybe 1 percent of serious players who cheat in real matches. They can hopefully be caught by refs / demo's after matches. The other 9 % are guys like "all". They like cheating and ruining games so much, the find out what servers dont allow (kick)votes etc.
The first 90 % probably won't bother spoofing anything.
(disclaimer: these are not actual percentages  :-P)

#12 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 02 October 2007 - 01:06 PM

i've said by opinion on this 4 times before, i'm not going to +1 post count about it. oh wait.

#13 User is offline   MrSentry Icon

• Account: mrsentry
  • Main tag: 6th|

Posted 02 October 2007 - 01:55 PM

i've said by opinion on this 4 times before, i'm not going to +1 post count about it. oh wait.

Post Whore!

#14 User is offline   gurkesaft (old) Icon

Posted 02 October 2007 - 04:21 PM

I would be willing to poke around the code and see if I can adapt this key method. Do you guys know anything about the code or who to get in touch with?

I would be quite upset if this program had any sort of payment involved, personally, but I can see how that would add value to the client's key and discourage cheating. What if you had the option to either *donate* to get a key instantly or wait a week for a key (and only one key per IP address per week) in order to play on anti-cheat servers?

I'm worried that the majority of servers will go the anti-cheat route (obviously) and the remaining servers would be just packed to the brim with cheaters. This, and the requirement to pay would seriously discourage new users, and that's by far the most important part of a gaming community!!!

#15 User is offline   AKKODIAK (old) Icon

Posted 02 October 2007 - 04:24 PM

(and only one key per IP address per week) in order to play on anti-cheat servers?

That would be fine for people who don't have dynamic IPs........

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   gurkesaft (old) Icon

Posted 02 October 2007 - 04:27 PM

mac address then. Either of these things can be spoofed anyway. I think the main inhibitor would be waiting a week to confirm your email address.

#17 User is offline   gurkesaft (old) Icon

Posted 02 October 2007 - 04:28 PM

what server is currently in charge of the master game list? Is it one of ours?

#18 User is offline   AKKODIAK (old) Icon

Posted 02 October 2007 - 04:28 PM

mac address then. Either of these things can be spoofed anyway. I think the main inhibitor would be waiting a week to confirm your email address.

And the possibility of saying "Screw it, I'm going to play something else." While I hate cheaters, I know that I personally would have passed this game up back in 2000 if I had to wait a week for a key.

#19 User is offline   AKKODIAK (old) Icon

Posted 02 October 2007 - 04:36 PM

By searching on google, i found a lot of pages that show you step by step how to change your mac address, so this isnt really reliable either.

#20 User is offline   gurkesaft (old) Icon

Posted 02 October 2007 - 05:18 PM

So you would be the one who took the $5 option then? I think the idea would be that not all the servers would have this account stuff enabled.

• (25 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942