• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

possible anti-cheat solution Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 02 October 2007 - 08:12 PM

it would be controlled sv_strictauth or something, just like in q3.

#22 User is offline   Tidus Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: tidus

Posted 02 October 2007 - 09:00 PM

What happened with Games Violation?

#23 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations

Posted 03 October 2007 - 05:19 AM

They're still working on their priority project afaik (I check every few days at their website).

#24 User is offline   gurkesaft (old) Icon

Posted 04 October 2007 - 03:15 PM

where the heck is the official subversion checkout of the iourban terror source? I was able to successfully checkout and compile ioquake3, and I found a version of the iout source that doesn't compile properly.

-Jack

#25 User is offline   gurkesaft (old) Icon

Posted 04 October 2007 - 03:16 PM

heh heh.. another obnoxious ploy I've seen is to infest the registry in random places to id the system :)

I hate mofos that do that.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#26 User is offline   Nexu Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: nexu
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 04 October 2007 - 05:29 PM

And the possibility of saying "Screw it, I'm going to play something else." While I hate cheaters, I know that I personally would have passed this game up back in 2000 if I had to wait a week for a key.

HAha actually thats why i started to play Urban Terror. ET was too infested with cheaters(even at 'pro' level, half national team that got caught hacking x_X, portugal) and PB that cant catch them all but does lag the frack out of your game. IMO hacking situation in UrT is not that bad compared to some other online games. Especially for a game without a working AC (IO client that is)

The iourt source does compile properly for me.

#27 User is offline   Kr0m Icon

•   former FS member   
    Lead Forums Administrator
  • Account: kr0m

Posted 04 October 2007 - 07:20 PM

While it's not quite infested (yet), I've noticed a slight shift lately from the obvious aimbotters we've seen in the past couple months to more difficult to catch wallhacks over the past couple weeks.

#28 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations

Posted 04 October 2007 - 08:43 PM

where the heck is the official subversion checkout of the iourban terror source?

See ioUrbanTerror's readme

#29 User is offline   gurkesaft (old) Icon

Posted 05 October 2007 - 12:58 AM

I'll poke around the code and see how clear/easily modified the CD-key stuff is.

I must say I'm not too motivated to help a dev team who uses the word "gay" as an insult, though.

#30 User is offline   gurkesaft (old) Icon

Posted 05 October 2007 - 03:00 AM

Got it to compile. I needed extra header files that didn't automatically come with SDL (dinput.h and dsound.h)

Anyway, I think I found the place to start:

void CL_RequestAuthorization( void ) {
}

This is a function that I assume was emptied when quake open-sourced itself, so that the ioquake clients did not keep blindly poking the server without a valid cd key.

In this function it might work to load a text file with a key in it (a file that could be purchased or waited for), and poke a central server, which keeps track of what (valid) keys are in use in the last 15 minutes and with what IP addresses, along with what keys are banned.

I haven't looked closely, but I think the server just lets clients in, even without a response from the central authentication server, so perhaps just blocking this behavior with a flag would do it. I could easily write a server program that takes brief TCP connections and keeps track of all this, but I don't know much about keeping people attacking the crap out of it (maybe limiting the number of connections at one time and programming in some retry code in io).

Seems doable anyway. Maybe I should try a Com_Printf() to make sure this method is actually called when connecting. :)

-Jack

• (25 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942