ioURT - Urban Terror Ladder Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Wolfseye Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: wolfseye
  • Main tag: FCDE-

Posted 16 November 2007 - 08:36 PM

There is something coming your way...

Posted Image

Until End of January 2008 you now have time to post your ideas about this, what you would like to have in this Ladder. What Gametypes are most appreciated etc. etc.

Also I would like to ask anyone for help in Support of this Project. This means we need the following people.

• Server Admins
  • Match Admins
  • Support in Charge of validating Demos about possible Cheaters
  • Organizers

Also, this Ladder is not supposed to be only for EU people. So I would appreciate if people from the US would help building also the Ladder Section for the US so both continents can have the best of both worlds. :216:

If you want to contribute Game Servers, GTV Servers or other Resources for this Project, you are more than welcome to let us know here.

This isn´t going to be some half-organized thing, this will be a real good planned Project, so anyone in this Community will be able to benefit from it and enjoy it. So if you really want to be a part of this, however you can be able to contribute in this, you are welcome to.

Discuss this further in our FORUM.

Wolfseye

#2 User is offline   Nexu Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: nexu
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 16 November 2007 - 09:03 PM

I just find this curiously strange, that coming from you, an initiative to organize a competition after we spend talking about for a hour how you dislike any form of competition and rather not have anything to do with competition urt and this was only less than 2 months ago..
I mean, how motivated and dedicated are you actually about this if you clearly told me that you dislike competition.
Also, is this going to be a one-man-decide which direction the competition goes, like UrbanLeague that is now pretty much halted to a dead stop due to one mans absence.

You mentioned "we" and "us" several times. So who else is into organizing this with you?

#3 User is offline   Wolfseye Icon

•   verified user   

Posted 16 November 2007 - 09:12 PM

It doesn´t matter if I am a big competition fan, i don´t do this for myself but for everyone interested in this. I don´t have to be a League / Ladder player to make such a thing. And well, as for who is with me, I think I made that pretty clear in my text above. People can still offer their help in this Project, but of course people that are involved in my Site will be helping in this.

So it will be not a one-map-direction as you say it, would be impossible anyhow. And I am usually very active when its about the things I do, so I don´t worry about that. In case I don´t have time for certain things, what sometimes happens to everyone, there will be others that help.

And since it will not be ready in a few weeks, I would not worry now whats the outcome of it when it starts. Preparations & plans starting now though.

#4 Guest_agiantblackdude

Posted 16 November 2007 - 09:36 PM

What about Mexico? There is no Mexico in the graphics and that is clearly a part of North America, as is Belize, Guatemala, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Panama and Costa Rica, among others.

On behalf of these wetbacks I am offended.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Kr0m Icon

•   former FS member   
    Lead Forums Administrator
  • Account: kr0m

Posted 16 November 2007 - 10:15 PM

Cool.
Ladders are good fun and by the sounds of it, looks likes Nexu and agbd are already offering their services to help! :)

#7 User is offline   AKGRIZZLY (old) Icon

• LocationAlaska

Posted 16 November 2007 - 10:17 PM

As far as competition gaming and liking clanning and competing or not goes, I've never been really into it.  In fact, I've always sorta made fun of clans/clanning and "serious" gaming.  The truth is, I've said plenty of unkind things about clans and the whole scene up there in the leet-0-sphere where all you leetboy clangamers hang out.  Mostly based on the displays put on by particular clan gamers who just really think they are the be all end all of Urban Terrror.  It's not really fair because lots of other people who clan and game competitively have turned out to be swell people and fun to game with.

That being said, the 30+ clan and now wolfys new effort are the only times in many years of gaming where I've ever considered joining up.  I don't know why people want to get sarcastic about it or challenge wolfy about starting a ladder as being contradictory to his views on competition gaming, but I expect if I joined a clan all of my words would probably come back to haunt me.

So regardless wolfy gets a pat on the back for putting something on the table besides the hot air I typically blow, not only now but for a number of years he's supported gamers not only in UrT but in a number of other games.  He's been a good chap through thick and thin and deserves a little credit for his effort to liven things up some. 

Wolfy I'd like to say I'm in but I can't even get two consecutive games of CTF in these days without stopping to answer two phone calls, sign the delivery slip for the UPS man, and change a diaper in between caps.  I'm over committed, so the chances are good that I won't be able to participate,  doesn't mean I won't be able to get in a clan and have a few rounds but I doubt it.  Maybe in one of those other areas you mentioned I could help out, I don't know but we'll see what happens.

#8 User is offline   Wolfseye Icon

•   verified user   

Posted 16 November 2007 - 10:22 PM

Maybe in one of those other areas you mentioned I could help out, I don't know but we'll see what happens.

Thanks m8, again. ;) I will sure let you know when the time has come. Lots to do first. With people like you it can only work.

#9 User is offline   slackin Icon

• Account: slackin
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 17 November 2007 - 07:26 AM

I am a 100% supporter of the urt community, i have gone out of my way to help out, if you want help, i can help in about any field, send me an email slackin35@yahoo.com

#10 User is offline   Wolfseye Icon

•   verified user   

Posted 17 November 2007 - 10:59 AM

I am a 100% supporter of the urt community, i have gone out of my way to help out, if you want help, i can help in about any field, send me an email slackin35@yahoo.com

Will do, thanks m8. ;) Appreciate it very much.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942