Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Suggestions for UrT 4.1 Rate Topic: -----

#1 Guest_}_50Ɔ{_|ñeا

Posted 02 January 2008 - 02:59 AM

hey all.  Would first off jsut like to say that urban terror is the best free fps. great work frozen sand!

1) Smoothe zoming for sniper rifles

2) A single button for chanign fire mode and entering zoom mode.  As far as I know, the only weapon that has both firing mdoes andd a scope is the G36, and for the other weapons it would really smoothen up the gamepaly,becasue you wouldn't have to fumble around with another key.  Personaly, I really would like the chance to get to explore firing modes more.  Not many peoepl use them online, and I think that's a pity.

3) [nitpick]More shinyness on metal, maybe not the guns, but on other metal.  Maybe more shaders in general....

4) [fix]Guns clipping through the ground/environment.

5) [fix]Characters clipping through ground/environment.

6) [fix]Characters clipping through each other.

7) [fix]Guns clipping through other characters :|

Lastly, I'de just like to ask if there are any plans to port UrT to a new engine like Unrela 3 or CryEngine 2?

Thanks

#2 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

• LocationWishin' I was in SoCal

Posted 02 January 2008 - 03:07 AM

NO immediate plans to move to a new engine, but it has been discussed in the past few years by FrozenSand.

#3 User is offline   don Icon

• Account: don
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 02 January 2008 - 06:16 AM

Guns and characters clipping through stuff is classic UrT/Q3. It would just be weird not to have it.

Weapon modes and zoom in one button wouldn't work very well with the current zooming system in UrT. The sniper rifles have 3 levels of zoom, and pressing a button 3 times isn't exactly efficient. Another reason is that I think a lot of people (or at least me) use the mouse wheel for zooming. It helps being able to flick through all the levels of zoom quickly so you can get back to unscoped without switching guns (which makes a sound). As I said, a key/button isn't efficient (play CS and you'll see how annoying the AWP is), and weapon mode as mouse wheel is just disaster waiting to happen.:)

But I see where you're coming from, since literally every other game has zoom and weapon mode in 1 key.

#4 Guest_}_50Ɔ{_|ñeا

Posted 03 January 2008 - 03:56 AM

Yeah, but that's why it would be configurable. ou could eaither set it to return to unsoped after you cycle throrugh the scope modes once with the mousewheel or just keep it in the socped mode until you press the zoom key again to return to unscoped.

It just doesnt make any sense of have to w eprate buttons for functions, one of which a weapon may not have.

#5 User is offline   Nexu Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: nexu
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 03 January 2008 - 01:59 PM

I have it scripted in my config that my mouse wheel is both zoom in and out as well weapon scroll. With a 3rd button that enable scope which rebind the mouse wheel functions temporary to zoom in/out. When the weapon is unscoped the mouse wheel functions returns to weapon switching. But when a weapon doesn't have a scope function, the enable scope button acts like a fov toggle.
That works fine for me since i'm used to have mouse wheel as zooming for some games, where others its weapon switching. To which i'm both used to.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 03 January 2008 - 03:41 PM

do u need zoom out? have you thought of using zoom reset?

#7 User is offline   Juno Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: juno
  • Main tag: ~SG~

Posted 03 January 2008 - 04:04 PM

If u want zoom out, just ask m8 from team to hit u above 15 percent.

#8 User is offline   Csan (old) Icon

• LocationBudapest

Posted 03 January 2008 - 04:46 PM

lolz

Quiet remark:
To get back on topic, I think it is no longer sane to keep this thread open. There's a 4.2 suggestions thread already. Hey, 4.1 has been released. These post-release ideas will find deaf ears :P

#9 User is offline   Phantomas71 Icon

• Account: phantomas71

Posted 03 January 2008 - 05:32 PM

4.2 suggestion thread location:
http://forums.urbant...pic,9361.0.html

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942