Posted 15 April 2004 - 01:09 AM

Maybe its just a bad connection

#22 User is offline   eya Icon

•   league admin   
    www.urban-zone.org
  • Account: eya
  • Main tag: UZ|admin

Posted 15 April 2004 - 11:00 PM

it ain't connection, the line's 512 cable, my ping to server is usually 70 (+/- 5)

#23 User is offline   Aarsbuds0r (old) Icon

• LocationNetherlands, The

Posted 16 April 2004 - 02:11 AM

HMm, I heard someone who closed winamp and firewall and antivirus, I wouldnt know anything else to solve it, sorry..

#24 Guest_swifty

Posted 16 April 2004 - 07:44 AM

what I see is black in the netgraph during the first beginnings of a game. sometimes it comes and sometimes it doesn't, and it lasts different lengths of time. I always assumed it was dropped packets until someone told me it was antilag or something. anyone know what black in a netgraph means?

#25 User is offline   Aarsbuds0r (old) Icon

• LocationNetherlands, The

Posted 16 April 2004 - 07:58 AM

Black in netgraph is antiwarp... Im too tired right now to explain more about it, sorry :D

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#26 User is offline   eya Icon

•   league admin   
    www.urban-zone.org

Posted 26 April 2004 - 08:47 PM

all right, just in case anyone else had the same problem, this is what I came to: :)

I played with all the durn settings, no change, so I erased everything down to quake, installed it all back, had to set my hunkmegs and zonemegs to higher, pb_sleep to 500, pb system "1", did pb update by hand and saved the configs for everything

Played for 8 hours with no problems at all, did no changes, but the same old probs returned... yeah, I copied in the saved configs, runs like a swiss watch. starts giving me s..t, I just plain re-copy the configs (kinda tired of looking for what's wrong :D )

so, still thanks for help

#27 User is offline   BludShoT Icon

• Account: bludshot
  • Main tag: [T]

Posted 26 April 2004 - 10:26 PM

I think you would be crazy to use cg_brassTime "0", unless you just don't mind not knowing where the enemy is sometimes.

#28 User is offline   eya Icon

•   league admin   
    www.urban-zone.org

Posted 27 April 2004 - 10:21 AM

I tried that just a sec ago, on one of the other machines , doesn't change anything + sucks :)

outta sheer curiosity, what in pb could be responsible for all the swapping? When I ran the game without changes after I reinstalled and without pb, it worked sweet. When I ran the game with pb activated, my HDD just went crazy and kept swapping. The same happened after those 8 hours. My ping mostly stayed 70, but the disc started swapping and the game was just plain unplayable. Just curious...

#29 User is offline   rashly (old) Icon

• Locationlong island

Posted 28 April 2004 - 01:47 AM

if you are hearing hd reads then pb is scanning your swap file. reduce teh size of the virtual memory (make it on a seperate partition also) if you dont need it to be as high as it is. the smaller your swap gile, the less hd scanning pb has to do.

#30 User is offline   eya Icon

•   league admin   
    www.urban-zone.org

Posted 03 May 2004 - 02:40 PM

simple and clean. never thought of it :lol: but it helps, thanks

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942