Urban Terror Forums: Whats the best Mouse for UrbanTerror All Around? - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Whats the best Mouse for UrbanTerror All Around? Rate Topic: -----

#1 Guest_sHrOOm

Posted 30 May 2004 - 03:23 AM

I would Like a variety of suggestions of which mouse is used and why; pro's & con's? castraited(optical) or Balls?

Thnx for your suggestions

#2 User is offline   Dark Devil (old) Icon

• LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 30 May 2004 - 03:45 AM

Optical Mouse.

Pros: Good
Cons: Nothing

Get this mouse
Posted Image
Logitech MX500

#3 User is offline   Mort The Insane (old) Icon

• LocationVancouver, B.C., Canada

Posted 30 May 2004 - 03:51 AM

I use the Logitech MX500, great mouse overall. Compared to the MX700, it's better in that theres no chance of running out of batteries mid-game, and it's lighter. Obviously, it has a cord, which you may dislike if you're used to a cordless mouse. This mouse tracks great even on my shitty free Staples mousepad (which is tiny, but works fine for me). As for buttons, it has the standard 2 plus a scrolly wheel in the middle, which is the best scroll wheel of any mouse I've ever owned (great grip, doesn't slip, etc). Along with these three, there are 5 more, which are the Cruise Up/Down buttons (scrolls up or down a page at a set speed just by pressing a button, not scrolling a wheel), the quick program switch button, and the back/forward buttons by the thumb. These last two buttons serve me well in game as I use them for my TeamSpeak chat trigger. The mouse is also a great shape, perfectly fitting into your hand (or it fits into mine at least).

There are a couple problems I've had with this mouse. Firstly, when you start using it, it seems a little big. But that feeling goes away after a couple days. The second problem I've had is that the extra buttons (even sometimes the scroll button) stop working. This can be fixed easily by going into the control panel and opening the mouse folder, which will restart whatever it is that screws up. This has happened to me many times in the month that I've had this mouse, but mostly out of the game. Once the scroll click stopped working, which made it hard for me as I'm used to using MB3 as my reload. Another time the mouse stopped working entirely, which is somewhat more serious, so I'm looking in to how to fix this problem. The final problem I've had may have more to do with my mousepad than the actual mouse. If any tiny particle of dust gets anywhere under the mouse, it starts to jitter as if it's really dirty. I'm now used to obsessively brushing off the bottom of my mouse every few minutes, but it's annoying.

Overall, I'd highly recommend this mouse. Great tracking, great shape, good features. The only downsides as far as I see them are the weight, incredible sensitivity to any grit, and the problem with the buttons I mentioned above. Once I get the final one fixed, however, this mouse will be amazing. The difference between it and my old mouse (some basic logitech optical) is like night and day. Buy it from a store with a good, long return policy, try it out for a week or two, if you don't like it, return it.

#4 User is offline   EnDYmiON Icon

• Account: endymion

Posted 30 May 2004 - 03:51 AM

Yeah, I have optical mouses on all my computer here at home and have never had to replace them. Of course I never abuse them either.

The MX500 is pretty phat. Too bad they don't make the Dual Optic anymore...

#5 User is offline   Roadkill (old) Icon

• Locationroyal.stockholm.se

Posted 30 May 2004 - 10:17 AM

I think it stands between the Logitech MX 500 and Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 3/4. They are good mouses both of them and I think it's just a matter of personal preference which you choose.

I've had the MS IE 3 since fall -01 and it still works as a charm. Very accurate and so forth. But when I am buying a new one I will probably go for the Logitech one? Why? Well, I have a Logitech at work, and I really like the feeling of the buttons. :)

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 Guest_|it|VonDoosh

Posted 30 May 2004 - 10:26 AM

does anyone use a trackball???maybe thats why i can't hit anyone...or maybe i just suck...

oh and mort...vancouver kicks ass...one summer i sold sunglasses on robson street, but then this old indian(north american) tried to stab me and i quit...but still, it's a nice town...

#7 Guest_Mentor

Posted 30 May 2004 - 03:55 PM

Overall, I'd highly recommend this mouse. Great tracking, great shape, good features. The only downsides as far as I see them are the weight, incredible sensitivity to any grit, and the problem with the buttons I mentioned above.

Find it too heavy? - Well take out the extra weight they've put in it. Should be pretty easy.

Btw - Intellimouse 3 is my favourite mouse and it works just great - for me.

#8 User is offline   Aarsbuds0r (old) Icon

• LocationNetherlands, The

Posted 30 May 2004 - 04:08 PM

mx510 is even better then mx500

#9 User is offline   mrp (old) Icon

• Locationuk

Posted 30 May 2004 - 04:40 PM

yea price is pretty same between the 500 + 510 .. and u get a better sensor with the 510 ;x

#10 User is offline   qadn (old) Icon

• LocationEnschede, the netherlands

Posted 30 May 2004 - 05:04 PM

I really like the mx700/900

Best mouse I ever used (700)

but then I am a succes for whireless mice.
This one actually does gaming just as good as a normal optical mouse.
It is a bit heavy, but I like that.
Adn the thing can go on for hours of heavy mousing on a charge, so as long as you put the mouse in it's base-station each night you are ok :-)

regards,

Qadn

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.frozensand.com/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942