Urban Terror Forums: Urban Terror 3.4 ## All in Wonder Special Full Installer ## - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Urban Terror 3.4 ## All in Wonder Special Full Installer ##

#11 Guest_Wolfseye

Posted 05 April 2004 - 08:15 PM

Hi...

I just saw what crap was posted here. Hey Oswald, I just have a question !

Your installer went somehow wrong and now, when people try to help the community, especially for new Players, that just noticed URBAN TERROR, and you want to start a General Courtmarshal for this ???

Ok, he could have asked before, but, I think to many people just talk and do nothing and when someone does, he is the guilty one ??

I always loved URBAN TERROR and still do, thats why I did URBANBASE ! I always waited for a File like that, so I hosted that today. I don´t think it´s really about permissions, its about community. Noone got any advantage hosting or releasing this pack.

Not financial, not otherwise. And anyone who is willing to have a closer looks, sees, that it´s for the community. The things in this Installer are all necessary things more than less, when you want to play URBAN TERROR ! Its just a shortcut for not downloading all things in single downloads and installations, its about doing it easy for many people.

There is no really big deal in installing all ZIP´s of URBAN TERROR in the usual way, but its far more easy and practical, to use some like this.

For people like usual players, like myself, this really is a great help and a really nice one as well.

So, when its really about "permissions" you could told him this in private and not doing such a rude "public" way.

When its more about, that "you" personally don´t like it, please let the community decide, what they think.

I dont think its a so hard crime, to help the community in this way. And noone would think about any other things, accept its something personal to someone.

Wolfseye :wink:

P.S.: If you people think, I should remove this and it is totally not right, please say so. And I will remove it.

#12 User is offline   Aarsbuds0r (old) Icon

• LocationNetherlands, The

Posted 05 April 2004 - 09:47 PM

Nah, I think it should stay. I would even like it better if you made on big installer, wich has quake3 in it too. I mean, everybody can get Q3, its just about getting a key.

Another idea: put an option to enable and UPDATE punkbuster in the install file =)

#13 Guest_Wolfseye

Posted 05 April 2004 - 10:14 PM

No...

LOL LOL LOL

Thats about software that has been for sale. Not free like the stuff in the Installer.

It should be not about this. And if, sorry, when the ET Port is out, Quake 3 isn´t necessary, so just for that its no use.

But the most important factor, this is about official software, that cost money, so this is not supposed to be in a installer.

We will not provide software, that isn´t illegal to share.

And ...

I would even like it better if you made on big installer...

Its not my installer, I just provide and host it. But that with pleasure, because its very nice. People should be recommended, doing something for the community, not complained about their actions...

All the Software in the PACKAGE is eiter for free or shareware, that is not altered for cracking or some.

And so, I personally see no prob with this INSTALLER !!

Wolfseye

#14 User is offline   Aarsbuds0r (old) Icon

Posted 05 April 2004 - 10:24 PM

We will not provide software, that isn´t illegal to share.

Hmmm? =]

Oh never mind! Double negatives are to evil for me to understand.

#15 Guest_Wolfseye

Posted 05 April 2004 - 10:37 PM

Quake 3 Point Release is not about Money...

ASE is Shareware, when i don´t alter it with stolen Key or Crack.

Teamspeak 2 is not about Money.

Urban Terror is not about Money.

He did not alter any of this Software. He did not make it for money or change anything in this Installer.

Its just a collection of essential Game Files in one File together.

When there were any changes, © or some then I would agree its not wrong but in this case its nothing other than downloading all in one instead all of them apart.

Wolfseye :roll:

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   dennis (old) Icon

Posted 05 April 2004 - 10:53 PM

Well, I think it's the redistribution of the files that's illegal.

#17 Guest_Wolfseye

Posted 05 April 2004 - 11:00 PM

Its about helping the community !!! It seems ,in this way, Oswalds sees it, as some kind off Industrial Spy Buisness or some like that.

When they don´t come up with something practical like this, someone else has to do it.

Many people would love this file. So whats the big deal ???

In any other case I would give you right, but this big deal about "another" installer, hmm don´t know, looks more its about jealousy ...

Their Installer isn´t working right, so no other installer is allowed.

See the fact, about a simple installer, that contains all "non profitable, non altered" Files for a fresh and new Install, there is such an discussion.

When this wouldn´t been showed here, so the whole community has something of it, it has never been come up. No one had interested this.

But now see this mess. All about help and there it comes this...

P.S.: The Author of this Installer still shows, that its about help in the community. Some more people should stand in for some like that. And as he did, its wrong ? Whats wrong, is starting such a discussion about it !!! Hmm...

But as I said before, tell me, if you all think that way, and the installer will not longer been hosted.

#18 Guest_Wolfseye

Posted 05 April 2004 - 11:51 PM

Ok, lets put it in this simple question !!!

Oswald, do you want me to remove the file from my webspace and so its completely off the plate ??? Please say so, and its done...

#19 User is offline   dennis (old) Icon

Posted 05 April 2004 - 11:58 PM

You'll have to ask the developers of all the products that you're redistributing.

#20 User is offline   Aarsbuds0r (old) Icon

Posted 06 April 2004 - 12:03 AM

Please can we have that unofficial installer untill theres a working official one?? Pleaaaase? =]

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942