Urban Terror Forums: Urban Terror 3.4 ## All in Wonder Special Full Installer ## - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Urban Terror 3.4 ## All in Wonder Special Full Installer ##

#21 User is offline   sixtyVolts (old) Icon

Posted 06 April 2004 - 12:39 AM

He did not alter any of this Software. He did not make it for money or change anything in this Installer.

In your first post, you stated that this installer contains "pdf README´s (URT-Manual / URT-Faq / Punkbuster-pdf´s)". I have not been aware of the UrT readme, manual, or FAQ being available in .pdf form. Technically, if this is indeed what is packaged with your installer, then the files *have* been altered during the redistribution process.

#22 Guest_Wolfseye

Posted 06 April 2004 - 12:49 AM

Now when even this is alteration no wonder what comes next.

It seems now its only about finding things to cripple the stand of this Release.

The Goal of this Installer, it seems, isn´t from any interest anymore. I hope I never see something thats not right, here some day.

Then I think, I have to call my lawyer. ;) Seems, porting those things from "Mickey Mouse" to "Elephant" is the new way of handling such things.

And btw, Oswald did not like the way the installer was presented, because he was not asked before.

There for I asked him to tell me if I should remove it. When he does, ok, I will. No Problem.

I will host this File as long as he tells me to remove it. His decision will make it.

Wolfseye

#23 Guest_Majic.

Posted 06 April 2004 - 02:47 AM

Wolfseye I'm calling bullsh*t: bullsh*t.

There is nothing wrong with what you did.
People talking about copyright this, that and the other have no clue what they are talking about.

So if we took a screen shot off of the manual and reposted elsewhere then its a breach?
A breach of what?
It's a crock thats what it is.

Good move halting the spread of the mod...

Maybe SID should set their lawyers onto UrbanBase?

#24 Guest_Blackelf

Posted 06 April 2004 - 03:33 AM

[quote name='"dennis"]Well' date=' I think it's the redistribution of the files that's illegal.[/quote']

[ironymode]
I already see the lawsuitts comming :roll:
Especially because all files are all free and the creator has no comercial interest at all...
[/ironymode]

I mean its not likely ID cares at all.. and ASE is probably happy to get some no potential Users, who might just pay.
And if SID is pi**t about the fact that someone works for their mod and supports the community, while doing nothing realy bad, well....

@sid: just started playing UrT after 3 years, I see you have done a great job, keep it up!

#25 Guest_HENNESSY

Posted 06 April 2004 - 08:10 AM

nice work

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#26 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

• LocationWishin' I was in SoCal

Posted 06 April 2004 - 09:46 AM

You can do whatever you want, just remove the information that SID was not asked permission to use. I am not id Software, but I am sure redistribution is against any EULA they have. But what do I know.

#27 User is offline   Aarsbuds0r (old) Icon

• LocationNetherlands, The

Posted 06 April 2004 - 12:00 PM

[quote name='"Oswald"]You can do whatever you want' date=' just remove the information that SID was not asked permission to use. I am not id Software, but I am sure redistribution is against any EULA they have. But what do I know.[/quote']

Com'on its not like they are redistributing quake, but only a patch... What harm does that do.

Anywayz Oswald, what do you mean by information? Only the manual and stuff, or also the packfiles?

#28 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

• LocationWishin' I was in SoCal

Posted 06 April 2004 - 06:03 PM

Like the manual and FAQ, no one ever asked our permission to add it to any redistribution. Helpful or not, by not asking, what he is doing is wrong. Same goes with other files that are included in this thing, there are rules out there, guess people just dont read or feel the need to get permission.

#29 User is offline   Aarsbuds0r (old) Icon

• LocationNetherlands, The

Posted 06 April 2004 - 06:32 PM

Okay, so what would you say if he asked you for permission now? =]

#30 Guest_Annihilator

Posted 06 April 2004 - 06:55 PM

I think that's pretty obvious.

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942