Urban Terror Forums: Urban Terror 3.4 ## All in Wonder Special Full Installer ## - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Urban Terror 3.4 ## All in Wonder Special Full Installer ##

#51 User is offline   JRllama (old) Icon

• LocationWherever I Am

Posted 07 April 2004 - 02:08 AM

The craziest part is that when I read the posts from people for whom English is a second language, I can actually hear the words with an accent in my head :lol: , really, no kidding. Wacky stuff!

Moving on, Wolf, while I agree that Oswalds reaction was probably no the desired effect you would have liked, it seems that as your posts are progressing you are getting to be as unreasonable as you feel him to be...can't we all just get along? :P

Os has not posted anything more in some time now. He made his feelings known and left it at that. (not defending his method). You have now worked yourself to the point that you have now taken down that which you were fighting for in the first few pages of this thread. That makes no sense. At least it's not the right reason for taking it down.

How about this. No more posting about here. Shoot Oz an e-mail. Explain why you did what you did. ( to help I gather) Perhaps apologize. Not in the sense that you are saying that were wrong, if you don't feel that way, but in the sense that you offended someone without meaning to.

From there, perhaps a discussion with Oz about how you feel you could help Urban Terror along as a game.

Because in the end, isn't that why we are all here at this site in the first place???

#52 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

• LocationWishin' I was in SoCal

Posted 07 April 2004 - 02:53 AM

Is SID in Urban Terror for money? No. We have never been about money. We are about having a good time and giving players what they want. An enjoy game. We have signed an agreement with id Software, in the past that are pending, legal documents.

In the past, SID has been very lax, to put it simply on gamers taking, using and modifying our work. We ask only a few things. First you ASK us for permission. Could this have been avoided? Possibly, but I never say and I am sure I speak for the team and e-mail, PM or comment about using our material, which is copyrighted in a community installer.

id Software is much higher on the food chain than us. When it comes to redistributing their software (ie: Point Release), that could have repercussions. Chances are good that is won't, but that is not the point. The point is what you have been doing is ILLEGAL!

I suggest you fire off some emails to those people who own the rights to programs and files you want to include and give them credit. If they give you permission, then go ahead and make this file. But as it stands now, I nor anyone on SID will support this file being distributed. Sorry.

#53 User is offline   JRllama (old) Icon

• LocationWherever I Am

Posted 07 April 2004 - 03:14 AM

Hrmm,

Guess I was missing some of the point here, sorry Wolf...maybe you were right...

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942