Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

LAN Party Server Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Buckster (old) Icon

Posted 22 December 2009 - 04:28 PM

We are running a small LAN Party over the Christmas holiday. I hope this question has not been answered a million time, I have searched everywhere...but maybe I have not searched using the correct terms.

I have a headless server running iourtded.i386. I don't want the LAN party users to have internet access. When I start a server, it has to look for a masterserver, then it will list on the client list if the client is connected to the internet. I want clients to connect locally, but the server doesn't show up in the local server list. I can get it to show up if I manually add the server ip to the favorites.

We have done a few of these lan parties, and many of the participants are not computer saavy so we spend a lot of time going from computer to computer manually setting up static ip's and getting people connected. This time we have a DHCP server an apache server for maps and a game server. I just want people to be able to connect the cable, start UrT and select local and see the game server.

I hope this makes sense and I hope there is a solution. Thank you very much to all the Devs that provide this great game!

#2 User is offline   PrettyPinkPony Icon

Posted 22 December 2009 - 04:43 PM

I'm not exactly sure what you mean but,

To have Lan gaming, all clients must be connected to the same network, therefore they can't be offline.

Talking about the iourtded.i386, you should be running on Mac/Linux, so are you talking about the Create a Network option?

Also Favourites is probably the easiest 0.o
Save Us Midget Horses. D':

#3 User is offline   Buckster (old) Icon

Posted 22 December 2009 - 05:06 PM

View PostPrettyPinkPony, on 22 December 2009 - 04:43 PM, said:

I'm not exactly sure what you mean but,

To have Lan gaming, all clients must be connected to the same network, therefore they can't be offline.

They are connected to a network, it is just a closed network meaning it is not connected to the internet.

Talking about the iourtded.i386, you should be running on Mac/Linux, so are you talking about the Create a Network option?

sorry, I'm not sure what the "Create a Network Option" is. Yes it is an Ubuntu server running headless. If I used the in game server I would need to use a machine that could be used for gaming. We do this for kids and many of them don't have a computer or at least one that can run a video game, so all the machines that have the graphics capabilities to run the game we use as client machines.

Also Favourites is probably the easiest 0.o

Yeah this is what I was trying to avoid, we usually explain how to do this and then we have to go to each one and do it for them anyways. I was hoping that there was a way to make it show up on their list. In fact i want to have a couple different servers running like this one for CTF or TS and one TDM some fun maps for warmup etc.

Thanks for your help, does that explain it better?

#4 User is offline   NulL Icon

•   former FS member   
    Level Designer
  • Account: null

Posted 22 December 2009 - 05:06 PM

Launch the server with:

+set dedicated 1

To suppress the master server heartbeats.

#5 User is offline   Buckster (old) Icon

Posted 22 December 2009 - 05:15 PM

View PostNulL, on 22 December 2009 - 05:06 PM, said:

Launch the server with:

+set dedicated 1

To suppress the master server heartbeats.

Thanks!

I'm away from the server right now I will have to try that in a few hours. Will that make it show up in the local list on the client machine?

I apologize if this has been covered repeatedly, I just didn't find it if it was.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942