• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Animations Rate Topic: -----

Old in new

#11 User is offline   Noxtty8 Icon

• Account: noxtty8

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:31 AM

View PostIkslorin, on 06 August 2012 - 09:25 AM, said:

It's still against the rules to ask, and the earlier versions are still their property

I'm afraid to get a ban now :/.. now with their auth system.. that.... doesn't even work.. but when it will OH.. oh.. well I will taste it.

#12 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:36 AM

View Postnoxtty8, on 06 August 2012 - 09:31 AM, said:

Or what about changing the skin for a monkey, problems solved.

View Postnoxtty8, on 06 August 2012 - 09:31 AM, said:

I'm afraid to get a ban now :/.. now with their auth system.. that.... doesn't even work.. but when it will OH.. oh.. well I will taste it.

seriously dude... do you really have to be that ungrateful?

i feel ashamed being part of this community reading comments like yours..

if you would take the time to compare 4.1.1 and 4.2 animations you wouldn't be able to keep up the whining about how bad those new animations look ...

but lets set aside personal preferences.. (lets call it that, so we don't have to discuss what animations look better objectively)

it's all a matter of accustoming, you don't really like those 4.1 animations because they look so good but because you don't notice them anymore.. you simply are used to them as

will you be used to 4.2 animations in a few days... maybe weeks..

i am all for that ban btw... their auth system will be working sooner than later... :)

3, 2, 1 you are back in the room ..
if you don't like uptown, you are basically hating urban terror.

#13 User is offline   Noxtty8 Icon

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:48 AM

Actually I like the 4.1.1's animation because it's simple and perfect, when you jump you lift one leg in front until you reach the floor and when you rejump you lift the other. It's rare I lift both legs at same time, unless I play GTA.

And I just feel like they are laughing at us right now. Releasing this poor version is a bit like saying 'You got 4.2 now? Well shut it and wait for HD which is gonna take us more time' and maybe i'm wrong, but I haven't seen the word 'beta' anywhere before the release date :/.

#14 User is offline   Pez Icon

• Account: pez
  • Main tag: strayA#

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:34 AM

View PostKarlMariaSeeberg, on 06 August 2012 - 10:36 AM, said:

it's all a matter of accustoming, you don't really like those 4.1 animations because they look so good but because you don't notice them anymore.. you simply are used to them as

will you be used to 4.2 animations in a few days... maybe weeks..

They will always look unhuman no matter how long we play with them. The animations are neither good looking or realistic... where as the 4.1 animations show minimal effort while performing jumps etc, which looks cool and i'm sure theres 90% of people who like those animations.
i think most of the updates are great, but really the animations look like early computer games. Smooth gameplay = good gameplay

#15 User is offline   pwngej00lius Icon

Posted 06 August 2012 - 02:20 PM

I am probably the only guy who *likes* the new animations. I played a good 8+ hours this weekend. At first, like everyone, I was like "whoa... what is this..." but after some time, probably around the 4 hour mark, I was totally used to it and playing like normal.

Did I have trouble hitting targets? Sure, I suppose thats because its an entirely new hit system. If anything, I felt like I really had to actually aim better, which is what we all wanted, no? In the end I adjusted. I like the way people drop now when you hit them. The new crouching looks pretty cool. Yeah, the legs are a little squirrley, but hey thats fun over realism which is why I walked int he door in the first place.

Everyone, everyone, everyone was bitching this weekend about how sorry the new animations look. Someone even claimed the DE was useless when I couldn't even notice a difference at all, and I use it a lot for aiming practice....

Its amazing the amount of back talk and ungrateful whining you get from this community for A FREE GAME. Dude, you want realistic, go play Call of Douchebags or any one of the millions of uber-realistic games out there that suck as far as action and game play and community goes.

People, get your shit together and accept the fact that this is the future. Or, stick around 4.1 and your old comfort zone and never try anything different. If I did that I would still be playing Atari Combat on my mom's TV.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   Noxtty8 Icon

Posted 06 August 2012 - 02:38 PM

View Postpwngej00lius, on 06 August 2012 - 02:20 PM, said:

People, get your shit together and accept the fact that this is the future. Or, stick around 4.1 and your old comfort zone and never try anything different. If I did that I would still be playing Atari Combat on my mom's TV.

Just saying brah, but I think we go backward atm. Crazy future.
Posted Image

This post has been edited by noxtty8: 06 August 2012 - 02:38 PM

#17 User is offline   BorderFox Icon

• Account: borderfox

Posted 06 August 2012 - 02:50 PM

View Postpwngej00lius, on 06 August 2012 - 02:20 PM, said:

I am probably the only guy who *likes* the new animations. I played a good 8+ hours this weekend. At first, like everyone, I was like "whoa... what is this..." but after some time, probably around the 4 hour mark, I was totally used to it and playing like normal.

Did I have trouble hitting targets? Sure, I suppose thats because its an entirely new hit system. If anything, I felt like I really had to actually aim better, which is what we all wanted, no? In the end I adjusted. I like the way people drop now when you hit them. The new crouching looks pretty cool. Yeah, the legs are a little squirrley, but hey thats fun over realism which is why I walked int he door in the first place.

Everyone, everyone, everyone was bitching this weekend about how sorry the new animations look. Someone even claimed the DE was useless when I couldn't even notice a difference at all, and I use it a lot for aiming practice....

Its amazing the amount of back talk and ungrateful whining you get from this community for A FREE GAME. Dude, you want realistic, go play Call of Douchebags or any one of the millions of uber-realistic games out there that suck as far as action and game play and community goes.

People have a right to give back their feedback on the update. I agree with you that a lot of it is not very constructive, but FS need players comments and observations all the same. For me personally, hitting a target is ok, the problem I have is keeping my eye on the target. It's fine to shoot at players not moving much, but it's a bit weird trying to predict what a Michael Flatley is going to do next. Even while shooting at players, it always felt like they were able to return fire without injury (but I need to check that further). Did hits vary across different servers, player pings - also not so sure.

I think player feed back will be better if FS threw up a central buglist/checklist so that people have an overview of whats known/resolved/fixes etc.

Already starting to see multiple threads all realting to same/simialr issues.
BorderFox

#18 User is offline   Cyrax Icon

• Account: cyrax
  • Main tag: ]sM[

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:09 PM

Just come back to old animations(4.1)with new hit detections. but first repair new hits. And will be good.

#19 User is offline   Drizzt Icon

• Account: drizzt

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:30 PM

As has been said Frozen Sand, the animations are related to the hitcode, so to change the hitcode have to change the animations, the two concepts are linked and can not be separated (at least with the current code). The biggest problem with the animations is the limitation that has the md3, theoretically in HD with the md5 models there will be no problems.

This is an assumption I do for what he said Barbatos sometime, but I'm not sure I understood correctly.

This post has been edited by Drizzt: 06 August 2012 - 03:31 PM

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942