• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Booting Glitch Rate Topic: ***** 3 Votes

#3 User is offline   Lochverstaerker Icon

•   QA member   

Posted 02 September 2012 - 02:36 PM

View PostFrankie V, on 01 September 2012 - 11:33 PM, said:

Why is this consider a glitch?Don't know the history but seems to be a logical feature addition for those who play CTF who complain that their own team mates gets in the way.Stating why you think it's a glitch is a lot more helpful.

To clarify this:
This is not about normal booting(booting enemies by jumping against them), which is indeed a useful feature,
but about booting by merely walking into an enemy(you achieve that by holding your jump button and walking against enemies).

Admittedly the first demo didn't show that really well, but in this new video, you can clearly see the blue player jumping(+ holding the jump button) before he gets near the enemy and then booting him, by just walking against him.

In knifing community(yes, there are people playing knife only) "booting without jumping" is generally recognised as a glitch and quite hated by some people(me included), so it would be cool to see it fixed(that would maybe even get more people into playing knife only).

If it really is no glitch, and the way it works is intended(which would be really weird, cause nothing is written about that anywhere on the official UrT-site or ingame, and it was only known by a few people for a really long time) it would be cool, to hear an official statement about that.

This post has been edited by Lochverstaerker: 02 September 2012 - 03:39 PM

#4 User is offline   Driller Icon

•   community admin   
  • Account: driller
  • Main tag: uJ|

Posted 02 September 2012 - 08:24 PM

View PostFrankie V, on 01 September 2012 - 11:33 PM, said:

Why is this consider a glitch?

Don't know the history but seems to be a logical feature addition for those who play CTF who complain that their own team mates gets in the way.

Stating why you think it's a glitch is a lot more helpful.

If its not a glitch or bug, then why is it not in the manual ? its not something you find out easily on your own...

#5 User is offline   Pez Icon

• Account: pez
  • Main tag: strayA#

Posted 03 September 2012 - 02:34 AM

definitely a glitch, if we want to boot someone, jumping should definitely be required to do so. If walking into someone with jump held down boots a player and is labelled not a glitch then we should be able to boot them without holding it as well, but that would be unreasonable.
Add it to the list of bugs 4.2 has, it should only add a few months onto the update date.

I don't know how to code, but i'm guessing its programed to boot someone anytime the jump button is activated rather than when we are in the air/when we press it

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Biddle Icon

• Account: biddle
  • Main tag: fr.

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:06 PM

The boot glitch is totaly a bug that has not been fixed over urt upgrades.
Moreover, as Loch said, on urban terror there exists a community of players who enjoy playing on knife only servers.
And the majority of the knifers clearly consider the boot glitch as a bug that should be taken away!

You can read some of the players opinions on urtknifers forums, as in this thread for example:

Oh and I really started to dislike "the glitch" more and more and I'd really like that to be fixed in future updates.

As for the glitch, yes. The people who consider it a nice urt bug are probably mostly the people who couldn't knife for sh*t if it got fixed. But it really just has to be fixed. It has screwed any knife cup ever to be held and knifing in general. By simply glitching while holding W and smashing left mouse button fast, you can be considered a good knifer nowadays. Now, is it just me or does that sound like it takes absolutely no skill at all? That's sad.

The reason they disabled throwing your last knife was obviously to prevent fastknifing, cuz it's a bug that gives the 'performer' a pretty unfair advantage on other players. So, why couldn't it be the same with this glitch?

As for the glitching thing. Just today i've discovered something that will mean they MUST fix it. Hard to explain but there was one dude running around pretty much infiniglitching everybody as in... Like, everytime he ran into somebody, that person got booted. And he did this without having to 're-glitch' after each boot. I'll try to get a demo next time i see it and maybe report it to FS as well.

FS should take a deeper look at knife-only IMO...

This post has been edited by Biddle: 08 September 2012 - 01:42 AM

#8 User is offline   Small-Killer Icon

• Account: smallkiller
  • Main tag:

Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:07 PM

Hi, I was trying something that relates whit this booting glitch.

You will jump and holding your jump key like in this booting glitch but you run into enemy with Primary weapon (he must be on slant place) w8 for a while and than you will switch to knife or sidearm and you will kick him 2, 3 or more times at the same time and he will "fly away".

I made a video, thing that I'm talking about is starting at 0:15

PS: I'm not sure if that's not really working in 4.2 I was testing that slapdash ......
Add new and fun elements, and they will love you.
Delete old and good things, and they will hate you.

#9 User is offline   Driller Icon

•   community admin   
  • Account: driller
  • Main tag: uJ|

Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:15 PM

Hey nice video smallkiller :D Like the turbo boost!

#10 User is offline   wraith Icon

• Account: wraith

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:59 PM

View Postsmallkiller, on 04 September 2012 - 05:07 PM, said:

thing that I'm talking about is starting at 0:15

looks like someone was messing with g_knockback is all..

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942