• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Difference in powersliding .009 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   rYuuJiN Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: ryuujin

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:11 AM

in 4.1.1 it's possible to just sprint off an object and powerslide. it's hard to explain so here are two examples.

.1 4.1.1 Casa, at the entrance of narrow at patio, there is a corner where you can sit, it's a bit higher ground, when you sprint off there you can powerslide right into the entrance.

.2 4.1.1 Turnpike, on the concrete sign you can just sprint off and continue with a powerslide.

now in 4.2.009 it's different, the slidetrick on casa is completely impossible. the turnpike example only works when from a perfect angle sprinting off.

could only think of one logical reason, and that is that the required height to sprint off a higher object to continue with a powerslide has been changed.

now the question is, has anyone else noticed this and is this supposed to be?
a thing of beauty is a joy

#2 User is offline   thewonderboy Icon

• Account: thewonderboy

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:10 PM

Well, only thing I could note myself was in jump map.

I HATE crouch jump parts and yesterday, I couldnt pass even a single crouch jump.

See the lovely Mrs. Search Function?
She wants to make out with you.
~OOM91

Jelly? Yes very jelly... in fact, I am * jam. No amount of sandwich spread can express my emotions.
~IIL_NODERUS

#4 User is offline   lao Icon

• Account: lao

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:39 PM

What you are describing sounds like an exploit so i don't think you should be complaining that it no longer works :P

#5 User is offline   n1n Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: n1n

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:48 PM

View PostrYuuJiN, on 28 December 2012 - 08:11 AM, said:

in 4.1.1 it's possible to just sprint off an object and powerslide. it's hard to explain so here are two examples.
.1 4.1.1 Casa, at the entrance of narrow at patio, there is a corner where you can sit, it's a bit higher ground, when you sprint off there you can powerslide right into the entrance.
.2 4.1.1 Turnpike, on the concrete sign you can just sprint off and continue with a powerslide.
[...]

can you please provide a video or demo of this trick in 4.1?
i think i understand what you are trying to do and i also think i know the answer to this issue. and as far i've tried it i really was unable to perform it on 4.2.009, did you try on earlier release?

View Postthewonderboy, on 01 January 2013 - 07:10 PM, said:

Well, only thing I could note myself was in jump map.

I HATE crouch jump parts and yesterday, I couldnt pass even a single crouch jump.

please provide more details as map name, jump number/name. i've tried it on simple powerslide at ut4_bstjumps_b4 and had no issues there.
but something feels "goofy" and we would have to ask some jumpers around what they feel.

This post has been edited by n1n: 02 January 2013 - 09:49 PM

<sXe>

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   BludShoT Icon

• Account: bludshot
  • Main tag: [T]

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

The most logical thing I can think of is that the sprinting speed or (movement) acceleration has been changed. Powersliding only works if you are going fast enough, so why not load up the speedometer and test it in both versions and take note of your speed as you sprint off. My hypothesis is that in the new version your speed will be too low to initiate a power slide. Or perhaps they changed the minimum speed required for a power slide to initiate. (IDK)

#7 User is offline   rYuuJiN Icon

•   clan leader   

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:26 PM

youtube video on the way, made some quick demo shots!

#8 User is offline   rYuuJiN Icon

•   clan leader   

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:10 PM

View PostrYuuJiN, on 02 January 2013 - 10:26 PM, said:

youtube video on the way, made some quick demo shots!

#9 User is offline   n1n Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: n1n

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:21 PM

@BludShoT- nope, same 220ups at running and around 325-330 while sprinting, it's something else, i believe physics are veeery close to how 4.1 worked, there were made some stamina adjustments [like BK already mentioned] but after several JM testing it was balanced to match 4.1 behavior.

i think it might be something else, i suspect it might be the player model being not as thin as at 4.1, that would make sense and explain also some feedback i had about player models colliding with the map environment much more often, like doors, corners, tight gaps, even paintings at walls.
but we'd have to make some research and get some comparison material to report that.

edit: good material there rYuuJiN, what about previous 4.2? did you try that on 007/8 or is it your first run on 4.2?
and for testing purpose run the maps at gametype 9, g_nostamina 1 ;)
is your fps really around 26 or fraps made that?

This post has been edited by n1n: 02 January 2013 - 11:40 PM

<sXe>

#10 User is offline   rYuuJiN Icon

•   clan leader   

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:21 AM

View Postn1n, on 02 January 2013 - 11:21 PM, said:

edit: good material there rYuuJiN, what about previous 4.2? did you try that on 007/8 or is it your first run on 4.2?
and for testing purpose run the maps at gametype 9, g_nostamina 1 ;)
is your fps really around 26 or fraps made that?

ran a few previous versions, but it was generally so buggy I didn't start testing yet, so wouldn't remember. fraps made that, smooth 126 fps here.

btw, this difference in powersliding makes it impossible to slide off stairs now, but you can all see it on the video, I know it's long and boring, but it is material :p

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942