• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Clan Tag Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

Can we specify prefix and suffix?

#1 User is offline   Nikki Icon

• Account: nikki
  • Main tag: diRf!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:50 PM

While tag protection will protect the tag no matter where it is in the name on servers, can it be implemented to add a prefix/suffix option for the website?

#2 User is offline   UnlessMe Icon

• Account: unlessme

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:06 PM

do you mean the system checks for it also if it is in the middle of the name?
i didn't test but i guess it is checked if it is put at the begin of the name :smile:

#3 User is offline   Nikki Icon

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:59 PM

View PostUnlessMe, on 30 September 2013 - 12:06 PM, said:

do you mean the system checks for it also if it is in the middle of the name?
i didn't test but i guess it is checked if it is put at the begin of the name :smile:

I have previously spoken to Fenix about it and according to him, even if it's in the middle of the name, it'll protect it. It just looks for the specific tag string.

#4 User is offline   Nikki Icon

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:00 AM

Anybody?

#5 User is offline   Nikki Icon

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:22 PM

It's been 3 weeks and not 1 single reply. Disappointing.

On top of this, here's some more issues:

1) Tag protection only works if the offender is logged into auth which is just absolutely silly. Most people logged in aren't going to troll and take your tag, it's going to be the idiots that aren't logged in. Please don't tell us the fix for this is making the server login only with a basic notoriety, we all know there's not enough players to really make that a good solution. Tag protection should work regardless of anything. If a player isn't on the group list and you are on an auth enabled server but not notoriety restricted, it should still protect that tag. A workaround of someone simply logging out to jack the tag is pretty dumb.

2) The original statement from a Frozen Sand member about tags being protected anywhere in the name is FALSE. This is not true at all. The tag protection only works in prefix tags. This needs to be fixed. Not everyone's tags are a prefix. So this also kind of goes back to me original statement about adding a prefix/suffix option. Instead of it only being for the website though, it needs to be made for tags in-game.

3) Some characters just don't work as tags. We tested this with HappyDay's tag found here: http://www.urbanterr...ile/unbalanced/ . I stole both of them while logged in as </>Nikkerz and </Hikkerz on Nitros server. Nitro was witness to this (as well as me stealing his |PWNY| tag while not logged in and logging in and putting it at the end of my name).

All in all, we did about 30 minutes of testing with different scenarios on Nitro's server last week. These things really need to be fixed imo. No reason to boast a system that does not work.

I'm fine with someone moving this to the Auth Related subforum since this has evolved into a much bigger problem than just the website displaying the tag wrong.

This post has been edited by Nikki: 16 October 2013 - 07:39 PM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Spiki Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: spiki
  • Main tag: [b00bs]

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:40 PM

Huge +1 on the whole comment #5
and of course tag / name protection for the servers
I am lucker. no skills at all. ask anyone

I sell frozen jogurt which i call frogurt.

www.b00bs-clan.com .::. youtube.com/b00bsclan .::. [b00bs] TV / Twitch .::. twitter.com/b00bsclan @b00bsclan .::. www.b00bs-clan.com/servers 13 UrT 4.1 + 12 UrT 4.2

#7 User is offline   Fenix Icon

•   former FS member   
  • Account: fenix

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:28 PM

As I told nikki today on IRC this matter would need Kalish attention since he's the big mind behind the auth system. I'll try to reach him when he connects Posted Image

#8 User is offline   Biddle Icon

• Account: biddle
  • Main tag: fr.

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:02 AM

About the first point the reason why it doesn't work while un-authed is quite obvious. You can't check if a non logged in person belongs to the clan or not. So the solution would be to completly dissalow registered clan tags to people who havn't authed ?

#9 User is offline   Nikki Icon

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:28 AM

View PostBiddle, on 17 October 2013 - 01:02 AM, said:

About the first point the reason why it doesn't work while un-authed is quite obvious. You can't check if a non logged in person belongs to the clan or not. So the solution would be to completly dissalow registered clan tags to people who havn't authed ?

Right.

#10 User is offline   Brainie Icon

• Account: brainie
  • Main tag: psyp.

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:22 AM

It is also impossible to edit or have a tag that starts with ' .

For example, I fell down on the web page error "Disabled Zone, we are working on the code of this part of the website..." when I wanted to enter the tags '*' and |'*'| .
Psychologic People - Team Canada - Psychology in Urban Terror
ClanBase Writer and Referee - Ask me if issues

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942