• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New weapons Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   tupp Icon

• Account: tupp

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:21 AM

EDIT: I have changed some of the stats to be a bit more balanced.

So urban terror so far has covered most bases in terms of weapons. However, there is a certain type of gun I think would be cool if added to the game.

Lr300, M4, and AK, G36 are all primary auto weapons. The key word here being auto.

I think a single shot ONLY gun would be cool. Not sure what gun in real life it would be made after but here are some specs I think would be a good ballpark.

- 20 shots in ammo clip

- 3 shots per second

- NO scope

- semi auto only

- High accuracy, low/no spread. Slightly better than G36 accuracy unscoped.

- Long reload time. I was thinking somewhere around 3-5 seconds.

DAMAGE SPECS

head-100
helm-77
torso damage-63
kevlar-55
legs-28-25-22 - upper, lower, foot
arms-23

Anyways it's not perfect but it's a new type of weapon that would add more variety to the game instead of a re-skin of the sr8 or another lr300

EDIT:

Also covering a couple of weapons that aren't used as much.

Glock: Make headshots do 100 damage. If beretta can do it, so can the glock. Nobody uses it right now because of this. Also make burst-fire mode not the default mode. Noobs that don't know how to change firemodes will be stuck with a hard-to-use firemode.

MAC10: Headshot damage boost up to 50. Two hits to the head with any sort of weapon should be enough to kill a man. Also make the silencer actually silence the weapon. It is still super loud even with the silencer.

SPAS: Take the knockback away. The whole point of SPAS is to be able to get close to your enemy to do damage but knockback makes that much harder than it already is. Instead of knockback, maybe some sort of thing should happen that makes the enemy's crosshair move randomly for a short time to make it kind of the same effect that would happen if they were to be knocked back.

HK69: Give the option to change the fuse time on the grenade from 2-5 seconds using the N key or whatever you bound firemode changing key to. This allows this weapon to be used as more of an HE grenade substitute as well as a super-long-range nuke. Short fuse for close range, long fuse for long range. It makes sense doesn't it? Also gets rid of the "Noobtube" idea where it just explodes on impact. That would make it used by everyone everywhere at all times.

This post has been edited by tupp: 29 October 2013 - 06:15 AM

#2 User is offline   beautifulNihilist Icon

•   verified user   

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:23 AM

This takes the PSG pretty completely out of the game.

#3 User is offline   SilverFoxZ Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: silverfoxz

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:19 PM

I have made a topic about such a weapon long time ago, in this forum section sadly i cannot access it anymore, is there a reason why you cant access old theards anymore?
I raise komodo dragons in my spare time

#4 User is offline   tehwally Icon

• Account: tehwally
  • Main tag: =v=

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:05 PM

2 kevlar hits for 50 a piece is way easy in 4.2, I would suggest lowering this "future weapon" damage rating for kevlar to somewhere in the range of 28-35.
∆

#5 User is offline   tupp Icon

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:49 AM

View PostbeautifulNihilist, on 19 October 2013 - 02:23 AM, said:

This takes the PSG pretty completely out of the game.

I have now changed the stats to be a bit more balanced. Also, the psg1 has a scope whereas this weapon does not.

This post has been edited by tupp: 21 October 2013 - 03:58 AM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   tupp Icon

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:16 AM

Just edited the first post. New things added + damage balances

This post has been edited by tupp: 23 October 2013 - 12:16 AM

#7 User is offline   tupp Icon

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:54 AM

bumpity

#8 User is offline   Pez Icon

• Account: pez
  • Main tag: strayA#

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:22 AM

just post your idea in the "guns guns guns and more guns" thread made by frankie, he's looking for ideas like this

#9 User is offline   tupp Icon

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:52 PM

View PostPez, on 29 October 2013 - 07:22 AM, said:

just post your idea in the "guns guns guns and more guns" thread made by frankie, he's looking for ideas like this

I have already done that but thanks.

#10 User is offline   Chameleon.hider Icon

Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:49 AM

Nice idea. I have thought about suggesting semi-auto rifle or battle rifle too. Though I agree to damage and rpm, but I'd disagree with recoil/spread. First shot, while standing still would be really accurate, but if you spam it you gotta deal with insane recoil (and a bit of spread). So that probably would make it more of a skill weapon, able to snipe at long ranges and still possess a threat at CQB.

What I suggest is doing some version of the M14 rifle. (I loved they way it was made for Infiltration 2.9 :D)
War is hell, that's why "fun over realism".
CoD/Bf/MoH is "let's fake realism and pretend it's fun".

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942