Urban Terror Forums: Demo Manager by .net clan - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Demo Manager by .net clan Rate Topic: -----

View your demo statistics in a searchable database!

#11 User is offline   Drizzt Icon

• Account: drizzt

Posted 25 December 2013 - 09:29 PM

Nice! Waiting for linux version :smile:

#12 User is offline   Facerip Icon

• Account: facerip

Posted 25 December 2013 - 09:40 PM

Demo files are a collection of packets transfered between the game server and game client. When you view a demo in Urt, all that is happening is a replay of those packets. It all really depends how detailed the recorded data is within demo files. If urban terror is recording damage in and out on players and on a player's target, it could be possible to track total damage done and damage received- even as far as determining accuracy.

View Postszejdi, on 25 December 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

Is it possible to read damage and accuracy from a demo? If yes, it would be a great addition.

This is a very good question and something I would like to investigate as well. When JaceP gets back online, I will brainstorm about it with him. No promises though on future features, as I am not the programmer, just a tester.

View PostDrizzt, on 25 December 2013 - 09:29 PM, said:

Nice! Waiting for linux version :smile:

I am too, I have been testing using Wine 1.7.8 on Debian Wheezy. Just use winetricks to install .Net framework 4. Wine breaks the paths for the Demo manager, so you will not have full functionality. (Windows vs *nix paths)

----

It would be great to hear more feedback from the community regarding other features that could be useful. Keep the comments coming!

This post has been edited by Facerip: 25 December 2013 - 09:43 PM

#13 User is offline   Jacepriester Icon

•   community dev   

Posted 26 December 2013 - 07:07 AM

View Postszejdi, on 25 December 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

Is it possible to read damage and accuracy from a demo? If yes, it would be a great addition.

Probably not, but maybe. I'll look into it.

#14 User is offline   zebeast Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: zebeast

Posted 26 December 2013 - 10:46 AM

The absolute most valuable thing would be if it could find when you made alot of kills per round and the time when that took place. Like for example if i made a clutch at 5.35.

There is such thing for Quake Live, very handy tool when you want to make a frag movie.

Cheers

#15 User is offline   Seven of Nine Icon

•   former FS member   
  • Account: sevenofnine
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 26 December 2013 - 12:57 PM

View Postzebeast, on 26 December 2013 - 10:46 AM, said:

The absolute most valuable thing would be if it could find when you made alot of kills per round and the time when that took place. Like for example if i made a clutch at 5.35.

There is such thing for Quake Live, very handy tool when you want to make a frag movie.

Cheers

F1 !!! I can see myself (or other movie makers) creating top 10 video's every week with such a functionality.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   Jacepriester Icon

•   community dev   

Posted 26 December 2013 - 07:42 PM

View PostSeven of Nine, on 26 December 2013 - 12:57 PM, said:

F1 !!! I can see myself (or other movie makers) creating top 10 video's every week with such a functionality.

You guys know it does that right? Like.. that's primarily why I made this? :D

You can filter by player name (or auth key), by game type (limit to survivor), and by round score (specify a range of say 4 to 10) and you instantly have a list of all the demos where you did something awesome.

When you read the demo log, you'll also see something that looks like:

Best Rnd
3 M1 R14

And this indicates 3 kills on the first map in the demo on the 14th round.

#17 User is offline   Seven of Nine Icon

•   former FS member   

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:01 AM

Cool, to tell you the truth I haven't touched it yet, just supporting zebeast's great idea. Even better that it's already implemented! After work I'm going to take a look and load up all the Winter Cup demo's of this year :)

#18 User is offline   Jacepriester Icon

•   community dev   

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:41 AM

View PostSeven of Nine, on 27 December 2013 - 08:01 AM, said:

Cool, to tell you the truth I haven't touched it yet, just supporting zebeast's great idea. Even better that it's already implemented! After work I'm going to take a look and load up all the Winter Cup demo's of this year :)

Very cool, let me know how it goes.

#19 User is offline   Seven of Nine Icon

•   former FS member   

Posted 27 December 2013 - 01:52 PM

A slow day at work, managed to take a look at it, amazing piece of software! Stupidly downloaded all the demo's of a match, but I noticed I only need 1 to see who had the best kill streak :)

I do have some requests, although it might already be incorporated knowing my previous fail :D I'm an avid fan of CTF, I'd love to have some more filters/information relating to that gametype. Such as time it took to capture the flag, if someone was flagcarrier/bomb carrier when he made a killstreak (makes for tense gameplay).

#20 User is offline   Jacepriester Icon

•   community dev   

Posted 27 December 2013 - 02:23 PM

Glad it's working well for you :D

I don't have those CTF features yet, but I can certainly add them in. Internally, it does track flag state, flag carrier, and each event is timestamped so determining flag capture time is easy. Kill streaks while carrying the flag isn't too tough given "clean" flag runs. It gets a little messy if you consider the player dropping the flag, picking it back up, passing to teammates, etc. I don't think there's going to be a very consistent way to handle any of that so it would have to consider any flag drop the end of a "run" for its stats purposes.

I'm not really sure how to display any of this either. With TS it's pretty simple, round by round, with CTF it's more hairy. Ideas?

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.frozensand.com/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942