• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Change the laser Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Zmb Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: zmb
  • Main tag: fr.

Posted 29 May 2014 - 02:04 AM

[mad post] Do something with the laser, ENOUGH with those players that do "zero to hero" just by using a laser, ENOUGH, GET SKILL. [/mad post]

#2 User is offline   adxx Icon

• Account: adxx
  • Main tag: *PT

Posted 29 May 2014 - 02:10 AM

Amish wannabe ?

#3 User is offline   tupp Icon

• Account: tupp

Posted 30 May 2014 - 02:55 AM

Uh laser doesn't really provide thaaat much of an advantage. It's usually better just to take nades helmet and medkit :P (or kevlar for the nerds out there :D)

Also people can see the dot and know you are aiming at them. Silencer I think is better because it stops the muzzle flash so it's harder to spot the person shooting at you especially in darker/more detailed maps.

#4 User is offline   Freshh Icon

• Account: freshh
  • Main tag: Forge|

Posted 30 May 2014 - 12:13 PM

lol laser isn't op.

Silencer I think is better because it stops the muzzle flash so it's harder to spot the person shooting at you especially in darker/more detailed maps.

no. silencer sux, you should use helmet, kevlar, nades/medic

#5 User is offline   tupp Icon

• Account: tupp

Posted 31 May 2014 - 01:09 AM

View Postfreshh, on 30 May 2014 - 12:13 PM, said:

no. silencer sux, you should use helmet, kevlar, nades/medic

That's probably the best way to go about things^^ , but compared to the laser, I think silencer has more advantages like not making any light flashes and a lot less sound.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   beautifulNihilist Icon

•   verified user   

Posted 31 May 2014 - 05:54 AM

The silencer is drastically underrated.
The amount of kills I get, even in MATCHES because people didn't prioritize a few silent taps from a flank over their own BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! fight is astonishing. Does not work for/on everybody and changes the sound of the weapons' timing which can throw you off if it isn't synced to your own internal timing.

The laser feels like training wheels until you learn to make the LRM4300 behave like a Beretta that does more damage.
When I get lazy with an M4 and lay down fire, or I play on a 15 V 15 server where I need to kill 5 people back to back constantly, I use a laser.
I almost always use a laser with the AK, as it's slow rate of accurate tap fire is drastically improved to give it significantly more range. At this point I often drop the silencer for something else and forget the word stealth. I prefer the AK on semi-auto and still get an accuracy bonus with the laser. The DE is the same as the AK.

The UMP and the MP5 get the greatest bonuses from the laser that I can tell.
UMP is pretty close to a G36 with no scope and less spread. Slap a laser on it and it's better at it's perfect range than the G36.
The MP5 chews helmets faster than anything at it's super close range. The laser gives it another few meters of spam range and a great deal of tap-fire range with some extreme accuracy. With a laser, the MP5 has a small range where it is the most powerful... unless you can fire a Beretta as fast.

I also toggle my laser off about a third of the time even when I do take it, and often just doing this makes it look like you've stopped aiming there and gives you the drop on the guy waiting around that corner. Cat toys are awesome bait.

Other than the MP5, there's never been a time that I've ever felt that I was killed because of a laser. It rewards laziness to a small degree, but if I lose to one it's because I didn't double click their face fast enough.

All of that said, If I really want the most effective weapon setup I'm taking a laser. Even if it's just for my DE.

This post has been edited by beautifulNihilist: 01 June 2014 - 10:10 AM

#7 User is offline   EZduzzit Icon

Posted 01 June 2014 - 05:35 AM

View PostbeautifulNihilist, on 31 May 2014 - 05:54 AM, said:

The silencer is drastically underrated.
The amount of kills I get, even in MATCHES because people didn't hear a few silent taps from a flank over their own BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! fight is astonishing. Does not work for/on everybody and changes the sound of the weapons' timing which can throw you off if it isn't synced your own internal timing.

The laser feels like training wheels until you learn to make the LRM4300 behave like a Beretta that does more damage.
When I get lazy with an M4 and lay down fire, or I play on a 15 V 15 server where I need to kill 5 people back to back constantly, I use a laser.
I almost always use a laser with the AK, as it's slow rate of accurate tap fire is drastically improved to give it significantly more range. At this point I often drop the silencer for something else and forget the word stealth. I prefer the AK on semi-auto and still get an accuracy bonus with the laser. The DE is the same as the AK.

The UMP and the MP5 get the greatest bonuses from the laser that I can tell.
UMP is pretty close to a G36 with no scope and less spread. Slap a laser on it and it's better at it's perfect range than the G36.
The MP5 chews helmets faster than anything at it's super close range. The laser gives it another few meters of spam range and a great deal of tap-fire range with some extreme accuracy. With a laser, the MP5 has a small range where it is the most powerful... unless you can fire a Beretta as fast.

I also toggle my laser off about a third of the time even when I do take it, and often just doing this makes it look like you've stopped aiming there and gives you the drop on the guy waiting around that corner. Cat toys are awesome bait.

Other than the MP5, there's never been a time that I've ever felt that I was killed because of a laser. It rewards laziness to a small degree, but if I lose to one it's because I didn't double click their face fast enough.

All of that said, If I really want the most effective weapon setup I'm taking a laser. Even if it's just for my DE.

I have had the misfortune of playing against BN a few times. I have not been happy with the results at all. Thanks for the info BN ;-). Hopefully it will come in handy the next time we................Meeeeeeeet bwahahahahaaaaaaa

#8 User is offline   TehReaper Icon

• Account: tehreaper

Posted 02 June 2014 - 04:05 PM

View PostZmb, on 29 May 2014 - 02:04 AM, said:

[mad post] Do something with the laser, ENOUGH with those players that do "zero to hero" just by using a laser, ENOUGH, GET SKILL. [/mad post]

lol do you have any idea what you're talking about?

#9 User is offline   Zmb Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: zmb
  • Main tag: fr.

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:07 PM

View PostTehReaper, on 02 June 2014 - 04:05 PM, said:

lol do you have any idea what you're talking about?

Yeah, I'm talking about some players (amish, kjt, and more for examples) that are total noobs with no laser, and once they turn it on, they're unkillable (ok, they are cuz they're bad), still brainless as *@!#, but hitting everything, I'm not even sure that they try to aim to hit.

#10 User is offline   wonderkins Icon

• Account: wonderkins

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:45 AM

Sometimes I stink until I get the right setup that seems to work.

What is this aim you speak of?

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942