• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Stupid Gametype Idea

#1 User is offline   bubbleboy Icon

• Account: bubbleboy
  • Main tag:

Posted 16 September 2015 - 01:05 AM

So I had a dumb idea for a gametype and ended up thinking it could be pretty fun. Maybe it already exists somewhere.

I was thinking about playing a 1v1 with each player having the game open multiple times. When you die you'd be able to alt tab over to another player and still have a chance to win the round. If you find an enemy that isn't being controlled by the other player it would be easy to remove their remaining 'lives' especially if they are left all together at spawn.

To make it a better idea it would need it's own gametype instead of using team survivor with the game open multiple times. You could use any number really just making sure each player uses the same number. So with its own gametype you can make some new mechanics so I came up with a few:
- You can switch to one of your players by aiming at them and pressing a switch key or you could have buttons for switching to any one of your players.
Having multiple switch buttons would give you a lot of control but it would be hard to keep track of which ones are alive and where each of them are. You could also have wallhack for your own players so you can aim at them through walls and switch to them like that. That would make it quite easy to choose who to switch to even with players dotted all over the map.

- Any player that isn't being controlled and is alive is invisible to the opponent and acts like a ghost that you can walk through. Your own players would appear transparent to you unless they are behind a wall in which case they look normal.
This would allow for a lot of silly and fun things like spamming your switch keys to annoy your opponent, switching before you die in a situation you don't think you can win, or switching to dodge a grenade. Grenades would be a bit less useful but you don't always see them coming and the explosion can be timed very well so even if someone gets very good at dodging they can still be killed with grenades. I think they'd also be the only way to teamkill, not counting suicides.

- Switching resets your velocity.
Now you can instantly stop moving. Switch then switch back to reset your velocity. You could use this to avoid fall damage or to just stop moving quicker than you would otherwise.

I think a problem is that stalling is way too easy. If you have a lead of a few rounds you could just switch whenever you see the opponent. You might want less than five people on each side to reduce round times a bit (maybe 3 people on each side would be best?). If the round timer ends I think it would make sense that the player with the most people still alive wins the round. If there are the same number of player left on each side you could use damage dealt or call it a draw. That still means you can stall and win after getting a kill lead though. Perhaps if you win by killing all enemies you get two points and if the round timer runs out you get one point. I'm sure something could be worked out by adjusting the round timer and the number of people per team.

Well I thought that was a fun idea to think about so what do you say? Is this just stupid or do you like it? Is it already a thing that I haven't heard of?

This post has been edited by bubbleboy: 16 September 2015 - 01:07 AM

MAKU

#4 User is offline   bubbleboy Icon

• Account: bubbleboy
  • Main tag:

Posted 16 September 2015 - 04:18 PM

Maybe silly idea would be better or something.
I'm not sure if it would be considered 1v1 teamplay. I mean yeah there are sort of multiple people on each side but only one is active at a time per team so it's more like multiple 1v1s deciding a round.
Still I don't see any sort of 1v1 in this game being as good as the team modes we are using but it would certainly be some fun. And yes it would probably suit some map types better than others, the smaller ones probably.
MAKU

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Dark-knight Icon

• Account: darkknight

Posted 20 September 2015 - 01:39 PM

You just gave me a great Idea. The game starts off like FFA, but everyone is own their own team. Its kind of like freeze tag, but when you kill someone, instead of them freezing or dying, they get forced onto your team and they are now your teammate. See where I'm going with this? Once everybody on the map is part of the same team, the game round is over.

What do you think of my game type idea?

Also, back to the topic at hand, I have something to add to your idea that could help and truly make it 1v1.
How about,
-1 person on each team
-you select your load-out
-your team has a predetermined set number of unarmed bots wandering around on their own.
-when the round starts you can switch between any bot on the field and your weapons will be transferred to it.
-when you switch again out of a bot to a different bot, it will go back to being unarmed.
-once all the bots and the player on one team are dead the round is over.
-if the other player kills you while you are in control of a bot, (killing the master) you die and the round is over.

does that sound like a good idea?

Spoiler

View PostbeautifulNihilist, on 09 September 2015 - 08:50 PM, said:

there are no flaws in Urban Terror, only features.

#7 User is offline   karnute Icon

•   community dev   
  • Account: karnute

Posted 20 September 2015 - 08:23 PM

View PostDark-knight, on 20 September 2015 - 01:39 PM, said:

You just gave me a great Idea. The game starts off like FFA, but everyone is own their own team. Its kind of like freeze tag, but when you kill someone, instead of them freezing or dying, they get forced onto your team and they are now your teammate. See where I'm going with this? Once everybody on the map is part of the same team, the game round is over.
What do you think of my game type idea?

I proposed just that game type (I called it "Soul Recruit") more than a year ago with low acceptance, because it seems people want a winner team. After first writing, I edited it to propose the winner is the player with more kills (more soul recruits for whichever team he/she was on) and to drop the word "team" from the name...

#8 User is online   Biddle Icon

• Account: biddle
  • Main tag: fr.

Posted 20 September 2015 - 10:24 PM

I'd say ":P"

#10 User is offline   Dark-knight Icon

• Account: darkknight

Posted 22 September 2015 - 12:00 PM

I still think my gametypes are interesting ideas.

both of them

View PostBiddle, on 20 September 2015 - 10:24 PM, said:

I'd say ":P"

Edit: oh I did that so you would get a notification. :P

This post has been edited by Dark-knight: 22 September 2015 - 11:07 PM

View PostbeautifulNihilist, on 09 September 2015 - 08:50 PM, said:

there are no flaws in Urban Terror, only features.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942