• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Get Legit Bro! Rate Topic: ***** 13 Votes

#201 User is offline   rayne2 Icon

• Account: rayne2

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:11 PM

Sorry man but i see no valid reason to install a cheat client on your computer?
"i tried to see if it works" and "i just use the wallhack to check if someone is walling" excuses aren't excuses.
First one is an idiot, plain and simple, why the hell would i care if it works or not.
Second example, if you need a wallhack to tell someone is walling then you suck big time as an admin and shouldn't be one in the first place.

I was an admin for years, i have thousands of hours in specs, and tons of bans behind me and i had never not once found myself in a need of a cheat to tell if someone is cheating.
Nor did i feel the need to download a hack to tell if it works.

If he found a new cheat client reporting it to FS team would have been more than enough, and second thing, if he was banned by AC it means the client was loaded while he was on a server.

So the only person to blame is him.

And BTW shared banlists unless they can be delivered to other servers withing 1 minute since the ban was made are utter idiocy.

Why? Cause it takes a minute to change your IP and 30 seconds to change your GUID.
Any admin with a little experience knows this, and the range can change completely so banning a wider range is an even dumber thing to do.

So in the end you banned an IP that might be used by another person few days later that has nothing to do with the person that actually cheated.

We would receive ban complaints from people that were in fact innocent all cause of xxx.xxx.0.0 bans.

So your shared banlist is worthless, and all the time and effort put into it, pointless.
And you can say you were at least trying to do something to help the community, fact is you were doing more harm.

End point being, do NOT install a cheat client on your computer, there is NO valid reason to do so.

This post has been edited by rayne2: 19 August 2013 - 08:12 PM

#202 User is offline   BludShoT Icon

• Account: bludshot
  • Main tag: [T]

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:22 PM

View PostSwaggzilla, on 19 August 2013 - 01:36 PM, said:

Also, to any FTW ex-Staff. Crappy; I fkn told you so.

Old news. Crappy got banned in FTW months ago when FTW received actual proof of him hacking. (His old clan teamviewered his pc and recovered deleted cheats and screenshotted it.) (TBH I think they had this evidence much sooner and took their sweet time getting it to FTW, which is pretty uncool :| but what can you do...) FTW never said Crappy didn't cheat, they only said they didn't have good enough evidence that he did. As soon as they had it, they banned him. I know some people find videos of a guy throwing a grenade at enemies that just ran by to be good evidence of cheating, or a guy with 300 ping shooting around a corner one time on an unreliable demo, and well, if they ran the world then everyone would be banned :p The more important issue is, are people positive contributing members of a community, or do they just like to complain and tear things down? Props to the positive folks out there who make communities happen.

And f*#k cheaters!

#203 User is offline   havok Icon

•   former FS member   
    Releases Manager
  • Account: havok
  • Main tag: |HSO|

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:27 PM

View PostDerfull, on 19 August 2013 - 07:10 PM, said:

And only for the skeptics, keep this in mind !

http://www.snipersga...pic-3170-1.html <-- weedwalker in 2009 ...

I still remember me and raider playing on a server with weedwalker just after the AC had been written but was not yet in the game. It was obvious that cheats were enabled, ,so knew he was going to be the perfect test case, how right we were!

#204 User is offline   LammeSnail Icon

• Account: lammesnail
  • Main tag: =KRH=

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:37 PM

View PostNikki, on 19 August 2013 - 07:58 PM, said:

Rofl. In regards to that, I'd actually like to see that guys "AC bit" as FS calls it. Aside from that though, LOL REALLY? Who the hell would do that outside of a sandbox environment

No problem if you don't have time to read my full post and the information on my links, still thank you for your remarks.

As I wrote I still wait for the evidences of connection times, servers, etc.

Maybe you don't know me but as a fair owner of several urbanterror servers and a nice, international community I am in the first line to welcome AC as a system to lower my and my admin's work for catching cheaters. But in this case I await more information before sending one of my server admins with highest level to a burning stake.

Snail

This post has been edited by LammeSnail: 19 August 2013 - 08:38 PM

#205 User is offline   YAY5637 Icon

• Account: yay5637
  • Main tag: <PWC>

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:42 PM

i see a valid point in seeing what the hacker can see, if im trying to catch one.
you cant read everything out of cheater demos..

For example i didnt know that you could only remove smoke or your scope, its good to at least have an idea of what can be done
(not that i would have a pub to monitor)

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#206 User is offline   Nikki Icon

• Account: nikki
  • Main tag: diRf!

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:50 PM

Don't worry, I read your whole post and clicked on your listed links and still think it's god damn silly for a server admin to have to download a cheat just to test it out and still be a "highest level" admin.

#207 User is offline   Tranc3r Icon

• Account: tranc3r

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:52 PM

View Postrayne2, on 19 August 2013 - 06:59 PM, said:

I really don't know AC systems that demo players as a proof of their guilt.
Also i know none of them relies on childish methods like a player going up in skills incredibly fast. ... And a cvar detection is a good thing, if a player is inputting commands directly related to a specific cheat client, what is the AC supposed to think lool?

Thanks for clearing that up, your post cleared a few questions I had initially. Well stated.
- Bass in yo' face!

#208 User is offline   Tranc3r Icon

• Account: tranc3r

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:58 PM

You think you could add the AC bit in all the cheaters' profile?
- Bass in yo' face!

#209 User is offline   beautifulNihilist Icon

•   verified user   

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:00 PM

View PostTranc3r, on 19 August 2013 - 08:58 PM, said:

You think you could add the AC bit in all the cheaters' profile?

This is exactly what I'm looking for.

#210 User is offline   LammeSnail Icon

• Account: lammesnail
  • Main tag: =KRH=

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:02 PM

View PostNikki, on 19 August 2013 - 08:50 PM, said:

Don't worry, I read your whole post and clicked on your listed links and still think it's god damn silly for a server admin to have to download a cheat just to test it out and still be a "highest level" admin.

You are right, only I can know how many months a player needs to play regular and always fair to earn on our servers moderator (20 in B3) level, and then level40 and then level60 and then level80. We have only fair admins and members.
And only I can know how helpful he was, how careless about own statistics and catched how many cheaters in the last few years.
No problem, I still wait for the details, thanks.

UPDATE:
We are a fun clan and rarely play on matches/tournaments or whatever (execpt some maniacs like "beka"), so cheating for our members/admins is pointless.

This post has been edited by LammeSnail: 19 August 2013 - 09:04 PM

• (55 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942