• You cannot reply to this topic

No HITS! -4.2.018 Rate Topic: -----

Fix the terrible hits please

#71 User is offline   cyrus Icon

• Account: cyrus
  • Main tag: [PCC]

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:50 PM

View PostRonaldlee, on 29 January 2014 - 03:18 AM, said:

At our team practice we played two maps as usual TS. I approached an enemy from the side and was about 10 feet (real world comparison) from the enemy when I fired the AK, full clip, received absolutely no hit on the player. Ping for that player was about 60 and mine was about 85. Other instances occurred where I fired the DE right into the face of several enemy players and received no hit. I was only able to get hits to some degree by using the SR8, which I found quite odd. Other players who were at the practice experienced very similar hit issues. We also discovered that the high pingers (190 and up) were able to get great hits and accurate shots. Out of 14 people there, only three were in the high ping range. And so not much else to explain.

I'm just not going to play again until the next release and I will hope for collusion improvement or restoration. I have played since 2001 and have been a supporter of the game since 2003 (servers and such). But with this most recent release (.018), I am shaking my head.

Seeing this exact scenario. Players that ping under 100 seem unable to make reliable hits. Players who ping up around 150 and higher are getting mind-blowing hits.
Disorder... Chaos... Anarchy... Now THAT's fun!

#72 User is offline   Runamok Icon

• Account: runamok
  • Main tag: -WAR-

Posted 02 February 2014 - 11:03 PM

I do believe Frankie has always stated that he was doing his part with fixing the animation hitmesh because he had to do that before "someone else could do their bit", though I'm pretty sure he never explicitly said "to finish off the redesign required the talents of a coder to get into the mix and remove patch work code still in place from the old design" I'm sure he has said, or at least completely felt that he'd implied (in Frankie's roundabout way ;) ) that it would require a complete code rewrite from the ground up

I'm really glad this is happening for 4.2 though, I had thought a code rewrite wouldn't be happening until HD
-WAR-Runamok`

cyrus: "Camping" is a non-issue for a player that uses his/her head.

#74 User is offline   p5yc0runn3r Icon

•   former FS member   
    Engine Developer
  • Account: p5yc0runn3r

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:08 AM

View PostRunamok, on 02 February 2014 - 11:03 PM, said:

I'm sure he has said, or at least completely felt that he'd implied (in Frankie's roundabout way ;) ) that it would require a complete code rewrite from the ground up

Who said that it was not a re-write? In total there were some 3000 lines of code added and changed, so that is quite a re-write ;)
dmaHD developer | engine developer | crazy person

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#76 User is offline   p5yc0runn3r Icon

•   former FS member   
    Engine Developer
  • Account: p5yc0runn3r

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:54 PM

View PostFrankie V, on 03 February 2014 - 11:05 AM, said:

Pfttt I write design documents longer than that.

Don't start a flame war ;)
dmaHD developer | engine developer | crazy person

#77 User is offline   bloodlock Icon

• Account: bloodlock

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:49 PM

View Postp5yc0runn3r, on 03 February 2014 - 06:54 PM, said:

Don't start a flame war ;)

Why not?... :tongue:
there is no knowledge that is not power...

#78 User is offline   Ronaldlee Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: ronaldlee

Posted 04 February 2014 - 03:09 AM

I'm going to give this another try to be 100% sure if it is the same as last time.
Damn I love this game, but I need hits.

#79 User is offline   karnute Icon

•   community dev   
  • Account: karnute

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:58 PM

View Postkarnute, on 02 February 2014 - 03:58 AM, said:

Short: In my case, disabling dmaHD sound makes the diference to remove some subjective no-hits.

Now, after much more testing, I must retract on my previous asserts about dmaHD contribution to micro-warp, or at least I cannot feel a true appreciable difference. It were a casual coincidence that most of the inmediate matches after disabling dmaHD were all favorable to have less micro-warp, so I erroneously linked it with the dmaHD disabling, but the problem persisted in other matches.

Recently, I have tried to observe what could be the difference between matches when feeling micro-warps (leading to subjective no-hits) or not. The only differential factor that i can detect (roughly) [as said in a previous reply] is when there are players with much more or much less ping (latency) than mine, then I feel increased micro-warps. In these cases, it seems like the client (I use the official build) were over-predicting the small strafings of some players due to some kind of desynchronization with the server.
The conditions observed are in servers where, for example, I have around 24ms ping tested outside game (with ping command), the same in server-browser in game (before connect), and the same shown in upperleft corner during game (almost stable, with a few small changes to 32ms), although the score list shows exactly the double, 48ms. When all the other players in the score list show a latency around mine (48ms), the micro-warps are less noticed. But when another player has greater (> 80) or lower (< 30) latency than mine, the micro-warps increase proportionally to the maximum difference of ping with respect to other players (maybe to the difference between the greater and lower ones).

This post has been edited by karnute: 13 February 2014 - 10:10 PM

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942