• +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Advanced keybind question Rate Topic: -----

#11 Guest_Wil Badger

Posted 04 June 2004 - 11:49 PM

it works i tell ya copy that text paste it to a text page and hit "save as"
"all files" and name it what ever you want something like weap.cfg (make sure it save to the extention .cfg) then paste it in your quake3/q3ut3 folder. fire up the game and drop the console type /exec weap and it will fire up that script .drop the console back and watch r and w fly

#12 User is offline   EnDYmiON Icon

• Account: endymion

Posted 04 June 2004 - 11:49 PM

Posted Image

:wink: Looks like dance steps.

#13 Guest_[PoD]Addicted

Posted 04 June 2004 - 11:51 PM

Wow .. way to trick for me .. I just use the number keys

1 knife
2 primary
3 secondary
4 pistol
5 grenade he
6 grenade smoke

if i pick up anything i just check that it is loaded

I hate picking up an empty secondary and switching to it when the primary is empty ugggggg ... taht sux0rz

#14 Guest_Wil Badger

Sorry doesn't work' date=' there is no such thing as a "weapon_toggle grenade"[/quote']
I agree with you, "weapon_toggle grenade" does not exist, but you might want to try what I suggested. :}

sorry wasn't paying attention return now to regularly scheduled program 8)

#15 User is offline   N o i r (old) Icon

• LocationIn the pool of MUDDY water, where the sun sets.

Will try out Wil, at least looks more reliable. It's so annoying to die because of a bugged script, even if I was sooooo proud of my cool script I will eventually surrender to its inefficiency.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 Guest_Wil Badger

Posted 04 June 2004 - 11:58 PM

[quote name='"N o i r"]Will try out Wil' date=' at least looks more reliable. It's so annoying to die because of a bugged script, even if I was sooooo proud of my cool script I will eventually surrender to its inefficiency.[/quote']

the part that i modified for you here has never let me down. the only bug you might find is that there will be a space so to speak if you drop a weapon and don't pick up another to replace it.so say you dropped the secondary and didn't pick up another one you would see a space that nothing would happen but if you were to tap the button again it would go to the next in the list .so it would take two presses to get from primary to pistol if you drop that secondary. i never play with out a secondary and if i run out of shells i will not drop it till i come across something else but that is my thing.

#17 Guest_Wil Badger

Posted 05 June 2004 - 12:03 AM

Will - you could change this in your script:
set wc_04 "set cycl_f vstr wc_05;set cycl_b vstr wc_03;ut_weaptoggle grenade knife"

and add this:
set wc_05 "set cycl_f vstr wc_01;set cycl_b vstr wc_04;ut_weaptoggle knife primary"

yes you could i have it so it is on it's own bind so i don't have to worry about it coming up unless i need it ,but ya if he likes it in his list he can change line 4 and add line 5

#18 User is offline   N o i r (old) Icon

• LocationIn the pool of MUDDY water, where the sun sets.

Posted 05 June 2004 - 01:41 AM

It is even better if nothing comes up: if I have something I recognize or remember in my hand, it means I know in which position of the weapon sequence I am, thus I KNOW how many times I have to press left or right to get to my weapons, WITHOUT losing eye-contact with the current situation.

Still, my algorythm has logarithmic complexity while yours has direct proportionality, that is, even with both direction select if we had 128 weapons slots to choose from, with your algorithm one would need an average of 32 keys pressed in order to reach desired target, while with an improved version of mine just 7; but since in our case weapon classes are just 4, it's about the same.

Plus, mine doesn't work!!! And still I wonder why...

#19 Guest_Wil Badger

Posted 05 June 2004 - 02:52 AM

would you like the guns grouped like w be primary then secondary and for r to be pistols and grenades. i mean what ever it's do able just a matter of tweaking

#20 User is offline   Nologic (old) Icon

• LocationSeattle, Washington USA

Posted 05 June 2004 - 03:12 AM

Noir -

I'm sure after a bit of time Wil Badger and the rest will get done up what you want...I'm a little foggy right now...mostly since I just got off work and it was a rough day.

As for whether or not grenade is a valid value for ut_weapontoggle...well I got it in my script...tho to tell you the truth I don't use nades...so maybe I've had a buggy script for a few years now. ;)

Well give this old script a shot and see if it comes some where close to what your looking for...its very predictable and useable....you drop a weapon and pick up a new one...no prob...just hit the rest bind and you'll switch to the current primary and all other vars will take on the required values.

Good luck

set lw1_01 "set lw1_m vstr lw1_01; set lw1_f vstr lw1_02; ut_weaptoggle primary" 
   set lw1_02 "set lw1_m vstr lw1_02; set lw1_f vstr lw1_01; ut_weaptoggle secondary" 

set lw2_01 "set lw2_m vstr lw2_01; set lw2_f vstr lw2_02; ut_weaptoggle sidearm" 
   set lw2_02 "set lw2_m vstr lw2_02; set lw2_f vstr lw2_01; ut_weaptoggle knife" 

set lw3_f "set lw1_f vstr lw1_m; set lw2_f vstr lw2_m; ut_weaptoggle grenade bomb" 

set lw_reset "vstr lw2_01; vstr lw1_01; set lw2_f vstr lw2_m" 
  vstr lw_reset 

bind x "set lw2_f vstr lw2_m; vstr lw1_f" // Rifle  Small Arms 
bind x "set lw1_f vstr lw1_m; vstr lw2_f" // Pistol  Knife 
bind x "vstr lw3_f"                       // Nades    Bomb
bind x "vstr lw_reset"                    // Round Reset

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942