Urban Terror Forums: 4.2 Feature Preview - Jump Map Training - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (10 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

4.2 Feature Preview - Jump Map Training Rate Topic: -----

#81 User is offline   Rambetter Icon

•   community dev   
  • Account: rambetter

Posted 18 February 2009 - 10:49 PM

Another nice feature for mappers would be the ability to pick up a jump goal by passing through a trigger_multiple.  For example, getting extra height or distance on a jump could earn you a jump goal.  This extra height or distance could be measured by passing through a trigger_multiple.

#82 User is offline   NerdyByNature (old) Icon

• LocationFlorida

Posted 27 July 2009 - 03:07 AM

Can you still goomba people?

#83 User is offline   V00d00 Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: v00d00
  • Main tag: uJ|

Posted 27 July 2009 - 06:31 PM

If this has already been answered then forgive me (but i dont fancy wading through 6 pages to find it).

Any chance that the jump mappers can get the updated urbanterror.def with the new jump_goal entity so we can start adding these to our maps now, rather than when 4.2 arrives?

#84 User is offline   Delirium Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: delirium

Posted 28 July 2009 - 04:32 AM

Any chance that the jump mappers can get the updated urbanterror.def with the new jump_goal entity so we can start adding these to our maps now, rather than when 4.2 arrives?

no, because its still being tested

#85 User is offline   fruk Icon

•   QA member   
    Developer
  • Account: fruk
  • Main tag: <GD>

Posted 28 July 2009 - 12:30 PM

Yeah theres been some changes to CAH.  FTL wont been changed at this rate.

I don't know if it was reported already, but there is a bug in FTL we encountered while playing matches in UZ SummerCup. In match mode, subs can become leaders.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#86 User is offline   Driller Icon

•   community admin   
  • Account: driller
  • Main tag: uJ|

Posted 30 July 2009 - 03:19 PM

Hi, here some ideas for 4.2, from a jumper
Ive had many ideas i think, but here are some i just think of after reading this thread

1 Fix time used for demoos.
  I prefer: 2009_7_30_14_02_20  above  2009_7_30_14_2_2  (makes searching easier/secure)

2 Extra feature to stop the demo, which would immediately and automatically put that last, only the last, demo in separate folder ;)

3 Funstuff to replace knives. Not all mothers like to see knives

4 As an admin on a jumpserver, it happens that there is some blokking. If its not in my team, i cant judge the situation. So, for admins only (im sorry hehe), the ability to see 3 minimaps: 1 your team, 1 other team, 1 all players

5 Mmmm, sometimes im wondering about this. I would like to see that its possible in a map, to disable some features in some places. If you can locally disable forward-strafe, the player must jump backwards. Also ideas for disabling speed for first platforms, and after last enable it to do some jumps.... I dont know if mappers has thought of it, but i would like it, i guess

6 I dont like flags because of the flagsound, and i can read it on screen! So please, make a feature to disable the flagsound.  ( ooo, do those crystals have sound? feature to disable it please)

7 Same for the horrible and loud respawnsound u hear, say, in maps like noobjumps and jumpthis. It makes me putting volume very low, to low imo.

8 Text: make so that you can use umlaut/accent grave and so. Or make sure you see at least the alphabet you used. Now i see blank spaces in words

9 Colored text for all, not only for team?

10 yea, i read somewhere in this thread about the friendly_fire. Even you can see your teammate name, its good that when you throw a knife at him, you do see his name and your hit, just to be sure that you actually hitted him. Keep that.

11 Mmm, when im blue player and im jumping, i can hardly see that stamina, when its empty or almost...because the colors used are almost the same to me (light blue/light grey) I mean, when im red i dont need to look at the stamina, its pretty obvious to me. Whem in blue, I must look at it, and for a long time. Maybe its already possible to change those colors, but  ive asked some "older" players and they didnt knew.

Okay, those were ideas for 4.2

#87 User is offline   H0i Icon

•   former FS member   
    Modeler
  • Account: h0i

Posted 30 July 2009 - 09:18 PM

Oops wrong topic :)

#88 User is offline   !@#LeSk8trE#@! (old) Icon

Posted 02 August 2009 - 05:30 AM

UrT-defrag mode
Finally we can go practice nade-jumps and HK-jumps  :mrgreen:

Ow well btw while i'm at this thread. Maybe a feature that allows people to save and load jump routes that's displayed (in the color of their selected armband-color on the map only visible for them) as a line ?
I think such feature might help the beginner jumper to understand how to make the harder jumps if they know which 'jump line' to follow.

Such feature was implemented in ETpro.

You.

You have reminded me of CounterStrike: Source trikz mode.
Flashbang jumps Ftw.

#89 User is offline   Hayame Icon

• Account: hayame

Posted 02 August 2009 - 07:55 PM

we need a resting button, Just like crouch but you regain stamina faster than the rate of which is now, though you can't move, or shoot.

Other than my crappy ideas, I can't wait.  :-)

#90 User is offline   ObScUrE Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: obscure

Posted 03 August 2009 - 04:36 AM

drinking water animation. :lol:

• (10 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942