Urban Terror Forums: UrbanZone CTF 5v5 League want your opinion! - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

UrbanZone CTF 5v5 League want your opinion! Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   Nexu Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: nexu
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 30 August 2008 - 03:58 PM

Here's what I think.

Urban Zone shouldnt become too much of the same thing as other leagues out there. I always enjoyed the fact it was a little different. And we shouldnt go like 'Well, on cb they do it like this and we should adapt.' Those 20mins rounds were the most peculiar difference to me and I liked it.

I can see the point in saying 2x10 mins are better because its probably the most equitable mode.
Although I personally think 2x10 mins are too short too develope a nice match. We had some incredible 20 mins thrillers last season, and Im kind of afraid 2x10 mins could be a bit choppy in comparison to 20mins.

I guess we all will adapt to 2x10 mins, but 38 sign ups until this minute show that this league was popular the way it was.
38 teams is an incredible amount if you ask me.

btw, if we really go for 2x10 mins or whatever, we could arrange some pcws to try different map lengths, to see which length may be the best. Trying 2x10, 2x15 etc.

The origin for this change did not came from us (the league admins). It was actually players from others clans, clans that has participated in the Clanbase OpenCup CTF _and_ the UrbanZone league, that came to us and asking why we don't implement a system that provide more balanced chances for both team on a map.

And yes, me and my teams has too played in the system of CB OC. And learned from first hand experience how actually letting both team plays both side can provide more exciting matches than actually just 1 (lop)sided for 20 minutes. One team could be on the loosing side for 10 minutes and bounce back the next 10 minutes on the other side.

And UrbanTerror is a fast paced game. A lot can happen in 10 minutes. On map like Algiers, theoretically, a team could cap 2 flags in 1 respawn wave (15 sec). So in 1 minutes this would be 8 flags, in 10 minutes this is 80 flags. Not that this would happen. But just to illustrate that 10 minutes is not as short as some thinks. It would be more of a subjective feeling that it is short. But the game is played on 2 maps, which each is 2 rounds of 10 minutes. So you'll eventually be playing for 40 minutes total. Same amount of time as previously. Except now you'll be no longer get this situation where a team is getting run over for 20 minutes straight. At least teams will be given a chance to play the strategically more favorable side and hopefully bounce back to drag a draw game results out or maybe even a win.

And the fact that we have gotten so many signs up is not due to because of we have been using this 20 minutes rule. No, i have seen that the reason for this is more due to the efforts of community members (not us actually!) that has been promoting this league in their own "scene" asking other teams to join. Such as the French scene.

#32 User is offline   equality (old) Icon

Posted 30 August 2008 - 06:28 PM

It wasnt my intention to say we have 38 signups just because of the 20 mins rounds, and I'm pretty sure I didnt write that either.

I guess both modes have their good and bad sides and in the end its all up to each single player's perspective whether he likes this or that.

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942