Urban Terror Forums: *** SPEED MAPPING CONTEST SUBMISSIONS *** - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

*** SPEED MAPPING CONTEST SUBMISSIONS *** Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   CCCP Icon

• Account: cccp
  • Main tag: |ALPHA|

Posted 12 November 2008 - 05:37 AM

Check these maps out in action :

CMM SpeedMap Fragfest ! Server
SpeedMap FragFest Chicago : 8.9.6.76

All maps in rotation.

#22 User is offline   crhylove (old) Icon

• Locationsan diego

Posted 12 November 2008 - 10:24 AM

Sick!  Thanks for making a server.  But Nobody was on it, and I couldn't vote to cycle map...... So I only got to see one map.  Is there a way to make it cycle map automatically every 5 minutes or something, even if nobody else is logged on?  Barring that, can you at least allow voting for cycle map or something?  Maybe the server could make a vote automatically after 5 minutes and ask for cycle map..... That could be cool, too, though hectic if games actually get started.

rhY

#23 User is offline   diamandgeezer (old) Icon

Posted 15 November 2008 - 01:32 PM

/callvote cyclemap

#24 User is offline   slackin Icon

• Account: slackin
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 30 November 2008 - 08:48 PM

muffie, why does the map only cover half of the mini map, what is going on there?

#25 User is offline   Nightcrawl (old) Icon

• LocationSweden

Posted 30 November 2008 - 09:07 PM

probably he had an earlier build that had that geometry and thus the heightmap remained from that version. It only updates when you compile with a different map name.
So lets say he started with building the main halls and rooms, saving the map as mymap.map, the heightmap/minimap is created with that geometry.

Then he add some new stuff etc, probably saves as mymap2.map, and so on. Then when he's finished updating all the maps, he resaved the map with the name mymap.map. Since there already is a minimap for that .bsp GTK thinks it doesn't need to write a new updated one. Thus, the old minmap on the new geometry.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#26 User is offline   slackin Icon

• Account: slackin
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 30 November 2008 - 09:15 PM

yea, i figured as much, but i was wondering if that was cut short by time constraints.

#27 User is offline   Bodhisattva Icon

• Account: bodhisattva

Posted 12 December 2008 - 08:43 PM

File Name: ut4_deceitful
Map Name: The Death Lair
Authors Name : Muff!e
Description: The evil genius banana spammer is at it again! But this time he's acquired a proton particle canon and he's ready to destroy any city that isn't ready to obide by his rules. It's your job as a Swat member to help stop this maniac! Do you think your up for the job?
Notes: The halls and doorways are large for a reason, speed  :-D
Download: http://files.filefro...;/fileinfo.html
Screenshots:

I've been running this map on my server.  Its a good map but the FPS is horrible.  Dunno what it is but a lot of Muff!e maps seem to have FPS issues.  Maybe its a visibility thing I dunno.  But if the FPS issues could be fixed, this map would kick ass.

#28 User is offline   lee (old) Icon

Posted 12 December 2008 - 11:47 PM

it is a VIS issue, to many long open hall ways and a large room in the middle with many openings(you can see from one side of the map to the other from one hall). the way to think about this is, if i can see you there is no way to block the VIS. now if you have a long hallway, that whole hall is a section drawn by the computer and if that section can see around the corner (even if you cant) that part you cant see will still be drawn. this corner is where you use hint brushes so the section you cant see will not be drawn . the problem with maps like burbs is that you cant really use hint brushes since the main street and back allies will always connect the rest of the map. and if you have space above the houses then its really pointless (the only thing that can really be done is to lower the _blocksize). i think links to hint/detail/structural tutorials should have their own sticky topic, as this is probably the single most important, overlooked and hardest concept to grasp about map making (i wasted my time on bliss since i only read about all of this once i was pretty far along with the structure). there is also something about this game that screws with fps, maybe its because the player units are so dynamic (i.e. can accelerate speed and wall jump). a map the size of burbs and tejen really shouldnt have fps problems even with the entire map drawn at all times.

if you /devmap ut4_deceitful and then /r_showtris "1" you will see the whole map is drawn from everypoint on the map. im sure its just that he didnt have the time to do any kind of hinting. since this was the 'speed mapping comp' after all ;)

#29 User is offline   Muffie Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: muffie

Posted 13 December 2008 - 06:59 AM

tbh the map is very well vis'd for not having any hints and being as open as it is...

I will update the  map when i feel like doing so, there still shit i need to fix in burbs and then i need to work on vaccant.

#30 User is offline   Seven of Nine Icon

•   former FS member   
  • Account: sevenofnine
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 21 September 2009 - 03:12 PM

sorry for resurecting this thread, I want to download all the maps but I'm missing a couple (links aren't working) does anybody have these and if so would you share them with me? :)

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942