Advertisement
  • (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Still no luck with hit detection?

#1 Guest_heckler

Posted 07 April 2004 - 02:11 AM

I was wondering when you guys will be implementing your final hit detection system, being that the one now is substandard compared to many other games?

And I thought 3.3 was the "LAST" release?

kthx <3

#2 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

• LocationWishin' I was in SoCal

Posted 07 April 2004 - 02:53 AM

what is so substandard about it?

#3 Guest_Da3dalus

Posted 08 April 2004 - 12:36 AM

/me grabs some popcorn and awaits the flame war...

#4 User is offline   JRllama (old) Icon

• LocationWherever I Am

Posted 08 April 2004 - 12:43 AM

Do you mean many other FREE games??? You know, I mean ones where the people that built them get paid to do so.

Or do you mean YOUR game??? Is it substandard to the game you made and gave away for free??? Oh that's right...you don't have a game you built as complex as UrT and gave away for free now do you???

#5 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

Posted 08 April 2004 - 12:56 AM

nothing wrong with hit detection, it works. thanks

#6 User is offline   Aarsbuds0r (old) Icon

• LocationNetherlands, The

Posted 08 April 2004 - 01:53 AM

[quote name='"Oswald"]nothing wrong with hit detection' date=' it works. thanks[/quote']

"nothing" migt be a little over-positive, but I think its pretty good. In urt, playermodels are small (its not like in standard quake3, that every model is actually a big cube) and the game is very fast. Unlike CS etc.

So what you get is a fast game like Q3, with the small models of slow games like CS.

Considering that, I think hitdetection does pretty good job. Also, I dont know other games that actually tell you if you hit or not and where. Urt is the only game I know that says: You hit x in the left leg. for example.

Other games dont even show this info.

#7 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

Posted 08 April 2004 - 02:27 AM

yeah I guess I did overstate it, the hit detection is final in Urban Terror for Quake 3.

#8 Guest_Rapsey

Posted 08 April 2004 - 11:44 AM

[quote name='"heckler"]I was wondering when you guys will be implementing your final hit detection system' date=' being that the one now is substandard compared to many other games?[/quote']
Which games?
Personaly i always found people who whine about hit detection usualy suck and need an excuse for them sucking.
UrT's hit detection is fine. Ive played just about every other similar game and didnt notice any differences.

#9 Guest_Annihilator

Posted 08 April 2004 - 03:26 PM

We all miss shots that look like they should have been a guarenteed hit (at least I think we all do). It's frustrating sometimes, but it's a reality of online gaming.

#10 Guest_methodtim

Posted 09 April 2004 - 06:12 PM

Notice the letters in hit detection cannot form the word "aim." Take that and learn from it, my young padowan.

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942