• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Still no luck with hit detection?

#21 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

• LocationWishin' I was in SoCal

Posted 12 April 2004 - 09:25 AM

Unfotunately, bitching is easier to do...

#22 User is offline   MeNoPausE (old) Icon

• LocationNew York, NY

Posted 12 April 2004 - 10:37 AM

Trew...

#23 User is offline   EL_PRESEDENTE (old) Icon

Posted 12 April 2004 - 03:42 PM

[quote name='"Oswald"]Unfotunately' date=' bitching is easier to do...[/quote']

why is it considered bitching and attacking if at times the incosistancy's are shown or brought up?

anyway one thing i have found is for some reason when flames and animated objects are either juddery or static i can hit anything but yet a /rcon quit then when the server comes back and things are animating smoothly again bullets start connecting its wierd but i cant put a finger on it other than either an overloaded server or a problem with running multiple servers from one install but i dunno just pointing out a fact

#24 User is offline   Texas Gore (old) Icon

Posted 12 April 2004 - 04:50 PM

anyway one thing i have found is for some reason when flames and animated objects are either juddery or static i can hit anything but yet a /rcon quit then when the server comes back and things are animating smoothly again bullets start connecting its wierd but i cant put a finger on it other than either an overloaded server or a problem with running multiple servers from one install but i dunno just pointing out a fact

Check out the last paragraph of my post here.

Basically, servers need to be restarted on a regular basis. This clears the overflowed buffers and gets things running nice 'n' smooth again.

#25 User is offline   EL_PRESEDENTE (old) Icon

Posted 12 April 2004 - 06:19 PM

Check out the last paragraph of my post here.

Basically, servers need to be restarted on a regular basis. This clears the overflowed buffers and gets things running nice 'n' smooth again.

damn so i cant hold SID responsible now me campaign is ruined :)

nah but only noticed it since 3.0 i think or perhaps 2.6 but ahh well it aint abig deal but may be responsible for why people complain about netcodes and or bulletlossy just a fyi

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#26 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

Posted 12 April 2004 - 06:22 PM

Ill put 27's netcode up against any other game out there, for what we has to work with...

#27 Guest_]{lar!ty

Posted 17 April 2004 - 06:36 PM

[quote name='"Oswald"]nothing wrong with hit detection' date=' it works. thanks[/quote']
Honestly hitdetec is the best it has been in a while and compared to cs- its 10x better. If u think ut has bad hitdetec play -cs- and u will shit urself.

#28 Guest_romulox

Posted 23 April 2004 - 06:00 AM

I think there are hit detection problems in Urban Terror. I've had situations where I will have my crosshairs directly over somebody and empty an entire clip into them and will miss every shot. Then they turn around and waste me with one shot. So either the sights are off or there is something wrong with the hit detection. I guess it could have something to do with my ping though. It's usually around 150.

#29 User is offline   Roadkill (old) Icon

• Locationroyal.stockholm.se

Posted 23 April 2004 - 07:13 AM

I think there are hit detection problems in Urban Terror. I've had situations where I will have my crosshairs directly over somebody and empty an entire clip into them and will miss every shot. Then they turn around and waste me with one shot. So either the sights are off or there is something wrong with the hit detection. I guess it could have something to do with my ping though. It's usually around 150.

No, really? As stated in this thread. You are playing over the net. And it's not like the internet is devoted to Urban Terror and noone else using it but you. Everygame have it's dissapearing thingies. It's gaming life.

#30 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

Posted 23 April 2004 - 08:18 AM

Thread closed. Thank you, drive thru...

-Forum Nazi

Posted Image

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.frozensand.com/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942