Advertisement
  • (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Still no luck with hit detection?

#11 Guest_Annihilator

Posted 09 April 2004 - 06:34 PM

I agree totally, aim requires knowing where on the body are the most consitant places to hit and how to shoot a moving target. All important to actually getting the hit.

#12 User is offline   Shminkyboy Icon

•   former FS member   
    Mapper
  • Account: shminkyboy

Posted 09 April 2004 - 07:21 PM

heh

#13 Guest_IcoHolic*D*

Posted 10 April 2004 - 12:49 AM

I think a few folks need to go the http://www.punksbusted.com website and read the Evenbalance interview that was on GameSurge a little while back.

The hit detection issues that you speak of are not an issue with Urban Terror, but with a lot of other variables. Evenbalance had an interesting statement when they said the bigger the windows page file, the more "pb lag" you're going to experience. I have personally lowered the size of my windows page file (aka swap file).. and I've seen some improvement in the area.

Hit detection is also reliant on your internet connection, the routing to the server, the server itself... as well as any type of lag you're receiving from punkbuster.

It's easy to blame the game, but there are so many variables, that it's unfair to do so.

Thanks

#14 Guest_Annihilator

Posted 10 April 2004 - 01:02 AM

Hehe, I made the same mistake not long ago, you forgot your s.
It's actually http://www.punksbusted.com

#15 User is offline   L3mMinG (old) Icon

Posted 10 April 2004 - 04:27 PM

I heard some people say updating pb_sleep to max value of 500 (as opposed to relatively low default) sometimes helps things and considering what was said in the above mentioned article it seems quite logical.

#16 User is offline   MeNoPausE (old) Icon

• LocationNew York, NY

Posted 11 April 2004 - 11:20 AM

Strange Heckler compared the hit detection to other games and called it substandard cause I have felt the opposite way. Although as others have posted it does come down to a lot of outside variables like pb, your connection etc. UrT seems to have better hit detection then any game i've played. But I do hate it when I am shooting right into somebodies head or chest and I register one hit on the left leg as I fall to my death in a pool of blood and watch my opponent bunny hop away but that doesn't happen often and it is not only UrT it happens in. Just unpredictable online quirks. Play in servers with less people in them and you will see a more balanced detection

#17 User is offline   TwentySeven Icon

•   former FS member   
    Lead Engine Developer
  • Account: twentyseven

Posted 11 April 2004 - 03:20 PM

Eh, Im done arguing with folks about the various merits of the net code.

Just find me another game where:

A) every single bullet hit is accounted for, including damages
B) its possible to make it so other players do not warp (we're the ONLY fucking one, thanks)
C) where they provide per poly hit detection on the players
D) where they provide antilag - GOOD antilag.
E) where they provide a debugger for the antilag so you can see just how good it is (g_antilagvis 1)
F) where they provide a netgraph and all the bells that go with it
G) where they at least ATTEMPT to lock down on net vars that you can tweak to give yourself an unfair advantage to other players.

Not even mentioning the shit like we still allow and encourage strafe jumping, have at least 3 *GOOD* gamemodes, "accuarate on the first shot" autos, low to non existant Movement penalties, gameplay where you don't have to crouch and slink around to hit anything...

the list goes on.

keep whining, keep playing.

#18 Guest_Squire||NutZ

Posted 11 April 2004 - 03:24 PM

Eh, Im done arguing with folks about the various merits of the net code.

Just find me another game where:

B) its possible to make it so other players do not warp (we're the ONLY f*ck one, thanks)
C) where they provide per poly hit detection on the players
D) where they provide antilag - GOOD antilag.
E) where they provide a debugger for the antilag so you can see just how good it is (g_antilagvis 1)
F) where they provide a netgraph and all the bells that go with it
G) where they at least ATTEMPT to lock down on net vars that you can tweak to give yourself an unfair advantage to other players.

Not even mentioning the sh*t like we still allow and encourage strafe jumping, have at least 3 *GOOD* gamemodes, "accuarate on the first shot" autos, low to non existant Movement penalties, gameplay where you don't have to crouch and slink around to hit anything...

the list goes on.

keep whining, keep playing.

I agree with 27.. Why dont we just quit b*tching about hit code (which in my book is 9/10 compared to other games) and enjoy the game.. We all need to remember that it is a GAME have fun with it :)

#19 Guest_Taco

Posted 11 April 2004 - 03:44 PM

This is why I love ut compared to other FPS games.

#20 User is offline   Shminkyboy Icon

•   former FS member   
    Mapper
  • Account: shminkyboy

Posted 11 April 2004 - 06:39 PM

[quote name='"methodtim"]Notice the letters in hit detection cannot form the word "aim." Take that and learn from it' date=' my young padowan.[/quote']

Besides, if you think that it's possible to have perfect net code/hit detection over 'net then HAHAHAHA. I don't care if it gets coded by the Hand of God ™, it will never be possible to make it even and fair for everyone, until everyone has the equivalent of a LAN connection or better. So hahahah, and cheers to 27/SID for the game. 'Nuff said.

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942