Urban Terror Forums: My proposals for the new version of urban terror : maps and bots - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (7 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

My proposals for the new version of urban terror : maps and bots Rate Topic: -----

#51 User is offline   BlackSix (old) Icon

Posted 04 July 2009 - 07:35 AM

how different is code for q3  bots than  ut4  bots ? Brainworks is a Quake 3 mod designed to give Quake 3 Arena bots working brains .Links  http://code.google.c...ke3-brainworks/  download http://brainworks-ai.blogspot.com/

#52 User is offline   Ronaldlee Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: ronaldlee

Posted 04 July 2009 - 07:52 AM

how different is code for q3  bots than  ut4  bots ? Brainworks is a Quake 3 mod designed to give Quake 3 Arena bots working brains .Links  http://code.google.c...ke3-brainworks/  download http://brainworks-ai.blogspot.com/

I know about brainworks and it was a nice outcome for q3. Well, to start with both q3 and ut4 have a file called "bots.txt" that defines what bots the game will use. We can't change or redirect that to another file of our making because the cvar is locked. So, when we make a bot file, we use a script that builds off of the ut4 bot. From that script we can use our own characteristic and chat files, etc. I am working on chat files right now. When the chat is better, then I will look at putting that into a pk3 for others. A few people are helping now, but it will be a wait. The entity definitions related to entities in a map; here the way bots understand an item (entity) or function (entity). That is a major reason why many maps crash that run bots. Here is one problem with bots and doors: you will never get a bot to push a button to open a door, but we have doors that need to be opened that way. 

#53 User is offline   Creation Icon

• Account: creation

Posted 05 July 2009 - 06:45 AM

I understand RonaldLee[1up] ; but on the other hand how can i solve my "dead chat" issue, in order to make the bots to talk when they are alive ? On my server deadchat is set to 2 and i added /bot_testrchat 1 and /bot_fastchat 1 as stated by you several posts .

#54 User is offline   Ronaldlee Icon

•   clan leader   

Posted 05 July 2009 - 12:42 PM

I understand RonaldLee[1up] ; but on the other hand how can i solve my "dead chat" issue, in order to make the bots to talk when they are alive ? On my server deadchat is set to 2 and i added /bot_testrchat 1 and /bot_fastchat 1 as stated by you several posts .

I am working on an updated bot pack to enhance chat files. It will be done in a few weeks. When the first (of many pk3) is ready, I will make it available. Perhaps using that with the recommended settings I will put into a txt file will solve or partially correct your dead chat issue.

What dead chat setting are you using? 0, 1 or 2? I use this chat setting: set g_deadchat "1".
If you are having a dead chat issue then perhaps you could use, for example, set g_deadchat "0".

0=living players can not see dead players chat
1=living players see only team-messages from dead teammembers
2=living players also see normal chats from dead players

#55 User is offline   Creation Icon

Posted 07 July 2009 - 02:14 PM

RonaldLee[1up] my g_deadchat variable is set to 2.

Well from playing more with bots using the chat settings i can see that bots reply to my only when they die, no mather if i am alive or dead .

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#56 User is offline   Ronaldlee Icon

•   clan leader   

Posted 12 July 2009 - 06:33 PM

My attempt at making additional bots for UT is available at:
http://www.1upclan.i...k000_botsv1.pk3

This release added more r.chat, but there is some problem with how the game processes chat files that results in the added r.chat not making much of a difference. That is a matter for the dev team to fix, as this is a closed source with many locked cvars.

All bots spawn as skill Level 4. 2girls is my favorite. Enter bot names to add a bot, such as: /addbot [botname]

Examples:

/addbot 2girls
/addbot 9Wives
/addbot Boston
/addbot jammin
/addbot jenny
/addbot jpx
/addbot jsbjr
/addbot Links
/addbot Moogoo
/addbot ohplease
/addbot Pearl
/addbot Piss

There are two configs to make adding bots easier.

1) Bots the 1up Clan will use on the 1up Fun Server (208.43.43.75:27960).
Type "/exec clanbot.cfg" (or remotely you type "/rcon exec clanbot.cfg") to get the following bots: 2girls[1up], Boston[1up], Jammin[1up] and Links[1up].

2) General Bots
Type "/exec 8bot.cfg" (or remotely you type "/rcon exec 8bot.cfg") to get the following bots: 9Wives, Jenny, JPXsukx, Jsbjr, Moogoo, Ohplease, Pearlneck and Piss-Off

#57 User is offline   Creation Icon

Posted 13 July 2009 - 07:00 PM

Hello there and sorry for the delay of my reply.
Let`s get to business :
- first of all congrats for the bot-pack they same to be more efficient and have more AI , they use stairs as well as different routes in different maps i have tested them
- second i did test them on the following maps : Abbey and AbbeyCTF, Algiers, Dressing room(if they fall in the watter they get stuck), Firing Range, Riyadh, Subway and worked fine to me(on open suse 11.0) .

It is a good start, thank you for taking the challenge of creating new bots hope you get more help.

PS: i hope you guys test the rest of the maps using the bot-pack created by RonaldLee[1up]

#58 User is offline   Ronaldlee Icon

•   clan leader   

Posted 13 July 2009 - 07:39 PM

Okay everyone, next week I will be working on ways to get bots to use the grenades and HKs. If I can make that work then I will release an update. Remember that the Quake3 bots have no problem using the grenade launcher --so why should the UT4 bots have a problem? Also, I will be going back through the rchat to add more of the bot replies I want to see spoken back to me. Looney, if you can get me some additional revised entity defs (like you did with the bot_roam def) then I can include that in the next bot-pack. I am not happy with bot performance at all. They do not do enough; they are limited, but rather than quit, I will push forward to make added changes.

If the dev team could give a little answer as to why the chat function is not really working --I would really appreciate an answer (sorry to ask, but I do not have access to closed source). Currently we use rchat in a "test" chat mode (bot_testrchat 1), but this is not really how chat is supposed to work or be used.

#59 User is offline   Creation Icon

Posted 22 July 2009 - 06:34 PM

Back with some info`s about bots and 3rd party maps.
I`ve started making maps and using this topic http://forums.urbant...ic,14735.0.html and this tutorial http://bubba.planetq...om/mapping.html and after a week i have managed to make myself 2 maps that have bot support . I have placed my 3rd party maps in my q3ut4 folder and start playing and to my surprise the game did not crash. To create the maps i just used what ever textures come from the original urban terror assets. It is posible that by using only textures from the urban terror assests pack i have eliminated the risc or crash ?

It is posible that in the future release some map making tools will be included? along with a 3rd party map pack ?

#60 User is offline   meister (old) Icon

• LocationWhere

Posted 22 July 2009 - 06:38 PM

It is posible

Is it possible that you will post those maps for download? :-D

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942