Urban Terror Forums: My proposals for the new version of urban terror : maps and bots - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (7 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

My proposals for the new version of urban terror : maps and bots Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   satiable Icon

• Account: satiable

Posted 20 June 2009 - 08:39 AM

Hmmmm. Have you tested for consistency as well?

I was curious as to whether it's a random issue or something consistent, so I removed all third party maps
again and loaded up 3 bots on casa, and this time the game never crashed. I didn't do anything different.
Same bots. Same weapon loadout. Same gametype (TS). Went for almost an hour vs. 3 bots and no crash. :?

#32 User is offline   H3NRY Icon

• Account: h3nry
  • Main tag: .um

Posted 20 June 2009 - 08:42 AM

was ther anythign different on your computer?.. EG; programs not running, things in your taskman the same

#33 User is offline   satiable Icon

• Account: satiable

Posted 20 June 2009 - 08:44 AM

Nope.

#34 User is offline   Creation Icon

• Account: creation

Posted 20 June 2009 - 09:25 AM

Hmmmm. Have you tested for consistency as well?

I was curious as to whether it's a random issue or something consistent, so I removed all third party maps
again and loaded up 3 bots on casa, and this time the game never crashed. I didn't do anything different.
Same bots. Same weapon loadout. Same gametype (TS). Went for almost an hour vs. 3 bots and no crash. :?

Well i don`t know all the settings of UrT so please tell me how to set "consistency" . My test was with 5 bots on casa in a TDM and after a few seconds it crashes.

#35 User is offline   H3NRY Icon

• Account: h3nry
  • Main tag: .um

Posted 20 June 2009 - 09:53 AM

he means try it multiple times to see if it crashes every time

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#36 User is offline   Creation Icon

Posted 20 June 2009 - 10:39 AM

H3NRY

Ok, thank you for the additional details.

Frankie V

I did make a small test : seta com_hunkmegs 1024 and i have placed two 3rd party maps inside my q3ut4 folder (padgarden and padkitchen ) i have played padgarden and after that padkitchen  and the map did no crash. So.. i belive that is a hope; putting the 3rd party maps that support bots in a single pack and setting hunkmegs to 1024 can make the game with bots more stable.

Later edit: same think goes for laneway and laneway2. Hope that you other guys may want to test different maps combinations.

#39 User is offline   Creation Icon

Posted 21 June 2009 - 08:44 AM

Well i did have in mind to set sv_pure 0 but i don`t want to sacrifice the integrity of the game, since a i run a dedicated internet server for the Urban Terror Romania community. The main server is down due to upgrade but due to financial issues is not up yet. My server is active only several hours a day(between 8 -15 h/ day ) and it uses only  maps that fully support bots: abbey, riyadh, algiers and sanc (one bot in each team just to get the game started) .

Can u tell me how to create a map pack off all those 3rd party maps ? Or give a link to a tutorial :)

Browsing google i did found some quake3 maps, downloaded them am play(as you said to try out). This is what i`ve got :

1. random spawn points - but thats not a big issue
2. some issues with the map itself ; in some parts instead of the content of the map stripes appeared : white, red and blue (same thing goes for certain urban terror maps - 3rd party maps to be exact )
3. no crash :) while playing with 5 bots

In a big picture i hope that at least a new map pack or a second map pack (to work along with the original one) to reach the state as a proposal for the new version of the game.

Later edit: it seems that setting comhunkmegs to 1024 has boosted the number of 3rd party maps that can be placed in the q3ut4 folder from 1 up to 6 3rd party maps without a crash . In my case i have placed the following maps in my q3ut4 folder: padgarden, padshop, padkitchen , runtfest, orb and boxtrot_v1 and i have played the map boxtrot_v1 and again the game did not crash.

I except some other tests from different users since i use linux - open suse 11.0 :) - to see if the same thing happens to others on another OS`s

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942